Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to author my first BRD's...?'s

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Great Thread.

    Thank you Mark & Jerry!

    Good Luck Philip.
    George Dame
    Grass Valley / Canopus System Integrator - Nearly 13 Years
    Providing Systems, Onsite Delivery, Support & Training Services Nationwide
    Get Your Copy of The Edius 6 Comprehensive Tutorial by contacting me via PM, email or phone
    Invite us to your local video association for a full demonstration!
    www.editHD.com - 1-877-ieditDV

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by gdame View Post
      Great Thread.

      Thank you Mark & Jerry!

      Good Luck Philip.

      Yes....thanks....I believe I am on my way now. I wasn't that far off in what I was doing initially. I have a feeling a few of the BDREs I made will work but may not look as good as I hoped. I have a feeling the one I did in Encore got re-encoded. Now I know enough to be really dangerous...but at least have a fighting chance to create some discs.
      Main System. MSI G33m Motherboard, Intel Q6600 CPU, 2GB Ram, GeForce 9500GT, 7200rpm System drive. WinXP. Lots of external eSATA drives.

      Laptop. Sony Vaio. CPU- i7-Gen 3, 8gb RAM, 1tbb 5400rpm hard drive, AMD GPU

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Philip View Post
        Not trying to be a pain since it is just a Cyberlink product by my Make Disc page in the app gives me the option of BDAV and BDMV. Last night I used the BDMV to create a Menued Disc with a window that showed a different thumbnail as you moved to the different chapter descriptions. It worked in the preview window of the authoring tool. I burned a copy of it to BDRE but PowerDVD won't play back BDMV discs so I have no idea if it worked or not. I swear the options are there. I will know in a few days if it actually created a BDMV disc.

        After this article is done I will be using Encore CS3 exclusively for authoring...at least till DVD Lab Pro adds BluRay support. :-)
        They must have changed the program some. Also, PowerDVD ultra will playback BDMV discs.
        Jerry
        Six Gill DV
        www.sgdvtutorials.com
        If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

        Vistitle YouTube Channel
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

        Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
        http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf


        Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
        Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Philip View Post
          The only thing I did different was use a program stream instead of an elementary stream. In theory my files should be ok. A test in a few days will tell me for sure. Looks like I am on the right track.
          Phillip - you need to be somewhat careful with Procoder (either Express or Procoder3) - I had not used Procoder 3 for some time for encoding blu-ray compliant files (Sorenson Squeeze 4.5.7 - very fast compared with Procoder) - but since I upgraded to Procoder 3.05 I decided to give it a test run - I used the blu-ray presets for a test project to see if DVDit Pro HD would pass it through or go through another re-encoding and the first two or three tries it did not - through trial and error I had to check certain boxes in the Procoder template until I finally got it right (i.e. video pass thru in DVDit) - these included : "Use Closed GOP"; "Put Sequence Header on each GOP" (this option is not available in Procoder Express); "Enable Scene Detection" (also not available in Proder Express); "Use Strict GOP bitrate control" - I was getting sort of frustrated in not being able to make a compliant file and finally checked all of these and lo and behold - no re-encoding - I don't know if Encore would require all these to be checked but just keep in mind in case your authoring software wants to re-encode.

          Mark- you might want to chime in here about which of these are absolutely necessary.
          VIDEO WORKSTATION: Dell T7910, Dual Xeon 10 core CPUs, 128GB RAM, 512GB SSD (OS Drive),12 TB Video Drive (Raid 0), Dual NVIDIA GTX Titan X graphic cards (12GB), Blackmagic Decklink Extreme 4K card
          MOBILE VIDEO WORKSTATION: Dell Precision 7710, Xeon E3 1535, 64GB RAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe system drive, 2- 1TB PCIe NVMe drives in RAID 0,4K UHD Display,Nvidia Quadro M5000M,

          Comment


          • #20
            Those that you mention as needing to be checked were all checked by default in the presets anyway, both the ones i posted and the ones installed with the update under Application specific- except Strict GOP control was never checked.
            Don't think i can give you answers as to which are absolutely neccesary, once it worked it was in stone but certain checkboxes may not necessarily need to be as i found with the default ProCoder Express experiment.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by planetweckesser View Post
              Phillip - you need to be somewhat careful with Procoder (either Express or Procoder3) - I had not used Procoder 3 for some time for encoding blu-ray compliant files (Sorenson Squeeze 4.5.7 - very fast compared with Procoder) - but since I upgraded to Procoder 3.05 I decided to give it a test run - I used the blu-ray presets for a test project to see if DVDit Pro HD would pass it through or go through another re-encoding and the first two or three tries it did not - through trial and error I had to check certain boxes in the Procoder template until I finally got it right (i.e. video pass thru in DVDit) - these included : "Use Closed GOP"; "Put Sequence Header on each GOP" (this option is not available in Procoder Express); "Enable Scene Detection" (also not available in Proder Express); "Use Strict GOP bitrate control" - I was getting sort of frustrated in not being able to make a compliant file and finally checked all of these and lo and behold - no re-encoding - I don't know if Encore would require all these to be checked but just keep in mind in case your authoring software wants to re-encode.

              Mark- you might want to chime in here about which of these are absolutely necessary.

              The Procoder 3 presets work as is within Encore CS3. DVDITPROHD is just a little too picky with certain things. When Encore CS3 was released I stopped using DVDITPROHD. There are a lot of little things that CS3 can do that DVDITPROHD would pitch a fit over.
              One example is after making a timeline I can leave the timeline structure intact and lift out the video and replace it with a different version of that video, even with a different file name. All links are still there except chapters that I may have to re link.
              Jerry
              Six Gill DV
              www.sgdvtutorials.com
              If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

              Vistitle YouTube Channel
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

              Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
              http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf


              Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
              Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                The Procoder 3 presets work as is within Encore CS3. DVDITPROHD is just a little too picky with certain things. When Encore CS3 was released I stopped using DVDITPROHD. There are a lot of little things that CS3 can do that DVDITPROHD would pitch a fit over.
                One example is after making a timeline I can leave the timeline structure intact and lift out the video and replace it with a different version of that video, even with a different file name. All links are still there except chapters that I may have to re link.
                You are right about DVDit Pro HD being quite quirky - some things don't make sense - like building a project and getting an error message half way through the project and then rebuilding the same project again (with no changes) and have it go through to completion without a problem. As you mention, it has crashed many times when I have tried to replace the video.

                Do you feel that you can make as complex a menu with CS3 vs. DVDit Pro HD - i.e. motion background, motion chapter buttons, nice frames for the chapter buttons etc.? Do you edit in PPro also or just use the Encore section for blu-ray authoring?
                VIDEO WORKSTATION: Dell T7910, Dual Xeon 10 core CPUs, 128GB RAM, 512GB SSD (OS Drive),12 TB Video Drive (Raid 0), Dual NVIDIA GTX Titan X graphic cards (12GB), Blackmagic Decklink Extreme 4K card
                MOBILE VIDEO WORKSTATION: Dell Precision 7710, Xeon E3 1535, 64GB RAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe system drive, 2- 1TB PCIe NVMe drives in RAID 0,4K UHD Display,Nvidia Quadro M5000M,

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by planetweckesser View Post
                  Phillip - another alternative is to encode Canopus HQ to an .m2t with PCE or, better yet, with Canopus Speed Encoder (don't know if it is still available) and then put the resulting .m2t file into Sorenson 4.3 or 4.5 and produce a blu-ray compliant file (.m2v - elementary stream) - the settings for this and other encoding programs are found in the Roxio Community website for DVDit Pro HD : http://forums.support.roxio.com/inde...howtopic=21049
                  I checked the settings on the roxio forums for Sorenson. It only lists version 4.5 and says to use the presets for BluRay. I only have version 4.3 but it has presets for HD_1080_D_Theater, HD_1080P, HD_1080_Lo. Just curious how these compare to the BluRay presets in version 4.5. When I look at the details of the presets they don't have lots of options like Closed GOP and other things noted as required in many encoder settings. I assume those items are defaulted correctly.

                  I have a bunch of projects archived as m2t that need to be written to BluRay and if these settings will work it will make my process much more simplified. If I have to update an encoder I will probably do Soreneson since the upgrade is only $79.
                  Main System. MSI G33m Motherboard, Intel Q6600 CPU, 2GB Ram, GeForce 9500GT, 7200rpm System drive. WinXP. Lots of external eSATA drives.

                  Laptop. Sony Vaio. CPU- i7-Gen 3, 8gb RAM, 1tbb 5400rpm hard drive, AMD GPU

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Philip View Post
                    I checked the settings on the roxio forums for Sorenson. It only lists version 4.5 and says to use the presets for BluRay. I only have version 4.3 but it has presets for HD_1080_D_Theater, HD_1080P, HD_1080_Lo. Just curious how these compare to the BluRay presets in version 4.5. When I look at the details of the presets they don't have lots of options like Closed GOP and other things noted as required in many encoder settings. I assume those items are defaulted correctly.

                    I have a bunch of projects archived as m2t that need to be written to BluRay and if these settings will work it will make my process much more simplified. If I have to update an encoder I will probably do Soreneson since the upgrade is only $79.
                    I would suggest updating to 4.5 and the most current patch is 4.5.7 although I am doing a beta test on a 5.0 version which won't be out for a few months yet. Anyway, I was in the same boat - over 30 edited .m2t project files that I recently put on blu-ray discs - I encoded all of these with Sorenson and had no re-encodings in the authoring software (DVDit Pro HD) .
                    I tried to attach a template from Sorenson Squeeze that I use but this system won't allow me to upload the file. Anyway, good luck
                    VIDEO WORKSTATION: Dell T7910, Dual Xeon 10 core CPUs, 128GB RAM, 512GB SSD (OS Drive),12 TB Video Drive (Raid 0), Dual NVIDIA GTX Titan X graphic cards (12GB), Blackmagic Decklink Extreme 4K card
                    MOBILE VIDEO WORKSTATION: Dell Precision 7710, Xeon E3 1535, 64GB RAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe system drive, 2- 1TB PCIe NVMe drives in RAID 0,4K UHD Display,Nvidia Quadro M5000M,

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      But remember the Sorenson video flips out (read the thread in this EDIUS forum) if you have EDIUS v4.6

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by shueardm View Post
                        But remember the Sorenson video flips out (read the thread in this EDIUS forum) if you have EDIUS v4.6
                        Only if you use Canopus HQ or Canopus Lossless - I have had no problem whatsoever in using .m2t files encoded with HDV Speed Encoder or Procoder 3 (Express also)
                        VIDEO WORKSTATION: Dell T7910, Dual Xeon 10 core CPUs, 128GB RAM, 512GB SSD (OS Drive),12 TB Video Drive (Raid 0), Dual NVIDIA GTX Titan X graphic cards (12GB), Blackmagic Decklink Extreme 4K card
                        MOBILE VIDEO WORKSTATION: Dell Precision 7710, Xeon E3 1535, 64GB RAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe system drive, 2- 1TB PCIe NVMe drives in RAID 0,4K UHD Display,Nvidia Quadro M5000M,

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Philip View Post
                          I checked the settings on the roxio forums for Sorenson. It only lists version 4.5 and says to use the presets for BluRay. I only have version 4.3 but it has presets for HD_1080_D_Theater, HD_1080P, HD_1080_Lo. Just curious how these compare to the BluRay presets in version 4.5. When I look at the details of the presets they don't have lots of options like Closed GOP and other things noted as required in many encoder settings. I assume those items are defaulted correctly.

                          I have a bunch of projects archived as m2t that need to be written to BluRay and if these settings will work it will make my process much more simplified. If I have to update an encoder I will probably do Soreneson since the upgrade is only $79.
                          Phillip - here are the blu-ray presets I have been using in Sorenson Squeeze 4.5.7 without problems
                          Attached Files
                          VIDEO WORKSTATION: Dell T7910, Dual Xeon 10 core CPUs, 128GB RAM, 512GB SSD (OS Drive),12 TB Video Drive (Raid 0), Dual NVIDIA GTX Titan X graphic cards (12GB), Blackmagic Decklink Extreme 4K card
                          MOBILE VIDEO WORKSTATION: Dell Precision 7710, Xeon E3 1535, 64GB RAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe system drive, 2- 1TB PCIe NVMe drives in RAID 0,4K UHD Display,Nvidia Quadro M5000M,

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by planetweckesser View Post
                            Phillip - here are the blu-ray presets I have been using in Sorenson Squeeze 4.5.7 without problems
                            THanks,.....I saved them to my hard disc. I will try and get an upgrade ordered for v4.5?

                            This should really get me going well.
                            Main System. MSI G33m Motherboard, Intel Q6600 CPU, 2GB Ram, GeForce 9500GT, 7200rpm System drive. WinXP. Lots of external eSATA drives.

                            Laptop. Sony Vaio. CPU- i7-Gen 3, 8gb RAM, 1tbb 5400rpm hard drive, AMD GPU

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by planetweckesser View Post
                              You are right about DVDit Pro HD being quite quirky - some things don't make sense - like building a project and getting an error message half way through the project and then rebuilding the same project again (with no changes) and have it go through to completion without a problem. As you mention, it has crashed many times when I have tried to replace the video.

                              Do you feel that you can make as complex a menu with CS3 vs. DVDit Pro HD - i.e. motion background, motion chapter buttons, nice frames for the chapter buttons etc.? Do you edit in PPro also or just use the Encore section for blu-ray authoring?
                              1. Keep in mind that menus used in Encore CS3 are created by Photoshop.
                              If you are familiar with photoshop CS3, you can do anything that you want.
                              If you think that those menus in DVDITPROHD are complex, you are in for a
                              big shock.
                              2. I only use PP if I have to. I usually will opt for AE instead.

                              All I can say is that Encore runs circles around DVDITPROHD. I am going to be doing a new rebuild here shortly, DVDITPROHD will not be one of the programs to be loaded. It served it's purpose. Nothing more, nothing less.
                              I look at DVDITPROHD as a very confusing and troubled entry level program.

                              By the way, just to let you guys know, those settings you are giving links to were furnished by Mark about 1 1/2 years ago and that is my site from which you are downloading.
                              Jerry
                              Six Gill DV
                              www.sgdvtutorials.com
                              If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

                              Vistitle YouTube Channel
                              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

                              Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                              http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf


                              Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                              Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                these PCE settngs work for me in encore cs3

                                This was in tread t-1750...I changed the parts in CAPITAL

                                kwshaw1 08-02-2007, 04:08 PM

                                So if you want to make a BDMV disc you have to use the generic MPEG2 output option of PCE with HD resolution and program stream settings? I found these suggested settings for PCE on the Roxio Blu-ray forums at the following link:

                                http://forums.support.roxio.com/inde...howtopic=21049

                                MPEG 2 HD 1920x1080i

                                Generic ISO MPEG stream
                                MPEG-2 Elementary Stream
                                Width 1920
                                Height 1080
                                29.975 Frame Rate NTSC
                                Upper/Top Field First
                                16x9
                                High Quality Encoding
                                Use Closed GOP (checked)
                                CBR
                                1 pass
                                18300 bitrate (you can play around with this)
                                Prolile/Level [email protected] (SET THIS FIRST -ELSE YOU CANNOT CHANGE FRAMESIZE)
                                Intra DC Precision 9
                                Use Strict GOP bitrate control (UNchecked - imortant !)
                                Use Audio if Exist
                                Audio Stream Type PCM/WAV
                                Sample rate 48.0
                                Channels 2 ch
                                Bits/Sample 16

                                for 720p, change video size to 1280x720 and choose "no-interlace"

                                In encore you'll get "dont transcode".
                                I've tried to write a short part to Bluray and it worked.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X