• Time
  • Show
Clear All

strange, well this brings us one step closer

I am now 80% sure that it is a graphics card or driver problem

can you try a previous/older version of the driver from the nvidia website
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

I already did that.
      I can go back to the driver that was working when I firsat installed. I haven't tried that yet.
      Chalchihuitl Productions
      Sony EX1-Canon 7D DSLR-Flash XDR
      HP8730w/HP8740w/Intel X48

Comment

try it, it may work
        Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Hi, I had the same problem a year ago, it was my graphicscard, the fan was brooken, so the card got too hot, I sat in new fan, and everything worked again, do you hear any strange sounds from your computer....
          A computer with a lot of stuff in it :)

Comment

nope.
            I can check thje GPU temp...it looks normal everything else runs fine, including Sony Vegas NLE
            Replaced the drivers...back to the originals....still doesn't work
            I can believe it's some kind of hardware failure, since it quit suddenly and without having done anything.
            Chalchihuitl Productions

Comment

is your C drive IDE? if yes, maybe the IDE adapter has switched itself to PIO mode instead of UDMA5

this would cause Edius to take 10 min to start, so if you wait long enough, it may start

run diskspeed on your C drive and report back your findings
              www.roadkil.net diskspeed (free)
              Anton Strauss

Comment

hello, again.
                thanks in advance for offering to help
                No, my C:\ drive is a SATAII...it looks ok.... 64Mb/sec sustained thruput.
                BTW, I checked the videocard fan and it's spinning away happily.
                Last edited by cuervo; 02-27-2008, 02:57 PM.
                Chalchihuitl Productions

Comment

Update:
                  I did a complete Edius uninstall. Went thru the registry and manually cleaned every reference to Edius. Rebooted, reinstalled Edius 4.6 from an .iso DVD. Still failing on startup splashscreen, HOWEVER, the progress bar is moving twice as far as it did before the reinstall. Is this progress? LOL

Anyway, looking at the Task Manager window, the QuickTitler app sits there running a HUGE number of Page Faults.
                  Chalchihuitl Productions

Comment

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!
                    Bad VSTPlugin was causing the start sequence to hang.
                    I'm absolutely floored that completely removing the installation didn't reset the preferences file. It must be resident in the registry...and well hidden since I cleaned the registry.
                    Last edited by cuervo; 02-27-2008, 09:07 PM.
                    Chalchihuitl Productions

Comment

Which one? That might be useful for someone else down the road.

Comment

BlueCat Audio Tube Widener

I hesitate to specifically mention a plugin, because, in my experience, there's a slew of plugins that don't work on particular platforms.

Perhaps it's just significant to remember that if the app fails during startup, check the vstplugins folder as one of the first things to do. I had, apparently, just given Edius a path to the VSTplugin folder the last time I ran it. Just forgot that I had done that and took up everyone else's time as well as my own.
                        Chalchihuitl Productions

Comment

Edius hangs during start-up

I'm experiencing the same problem - suddenly Edius won't completely finish launching...I've looked at all of the threads relating and have a question-

What do you mean by "Check the VST Plugin folder" ?

I've tried and reviewed all posted suggestions (and followed on my system when applicable) and still Edius won't finish launching...Uninstalled using Edius uninstaller - even rolled back to v2.0 then up through to v3.62 - still Edius won't finish launching!

Thanks in advance for direction toward solution to regaining use of Edius.

StoryCrafters

WIN XPPro SP2
                          Tyan Tiger K7 Motherboard
                          AMD Anthlon 1500+
                          1.33 GHz dual
                          1 GB RAM
                          DVRex RT Pro
                          Radeon 9800 Pro
                          Creative SB Live!

PS-
                          Still running DVRex RT Pro successfully - and it works with Adobe Premier v6.0 fine - so I know this is not a hardware issue

Comment

do you have any antivirus software running, if yes, disable and test again

is your audio card set correctly
                            http://www.videoproductions.com.au/h...ius-audio.html

update the audio card driver

are there any yellow warnings in device manager

are there any red errors in event viewer system

are there any red errors in event viewer applications

are all hard disk running at full speed, check with diskspeed.exe (free at www.roadkil.net) and report your findings as seen here, all drives including C drive
                            http://www.videoproductions.com.au/e...iskspeed-C.gif

did you ever install a vst plugin, if yes, remove it from the plugin/VST folder
                            Anton Strauss

Comment

Looks like another case of "incomplete un-installation".

Next time delete the Edius folder from the "Programs" folder.

Tough lesson... I hate that! :~/
                              Rusty Rogers | Films
                              >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
                              >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
                              Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

Edius v3.* hangs at launch resolved-somehow

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
                                do you have any antivirus software running, if yes, disable and test again

is your audio card set correctly
                                http://www.videoproductions.com.au/h...ius-audio.html

update the audio card driver

are there any yellow warnings in device manager

are there any red errors in event viewer system

are there any red errors in event viewer applications

are all hard disk running at full speed, check with diskspeed.exe (free at www.roadkil.net) and report your findings as seen here, all drives including C drive
                                http://www.videoproductions.com.au/e...iskspeed-C.gif

did you ever install a vst plugin, if yes, remove it from the plugin/VST folder

Anton- thanks for your reply - I've always admired your dedication in this forum...

No anti-virus; audio card/driver checks out; device manager and event viewer showed nothing significant; thanks for the link to diskspeed.exe (previous post)- all drives are fine; no .vst issues;
                                and yes I had also deleted (moved to back-up drive) the Edius Program folder before beginning the re-installing procedure-

But the good news is after repeatedly attemping re-install I had success- believe the successful reinstall was due to the order in which I chose to reinstall-

1) used 3.0 disc to uninstall all previous files

2) installed v2.0
                                (following this install the application still hung at launch)

3) used 3.0 disc to uninstall all previous files
                                -EXCEPT THE CANOPUS DV DRIVER.

4) installed v3.0-leaving the previous Canupos DV Driver intact

5) installed v3.22 from previous DL folder

6) installed EPRO for Rex RT from from previous DL folder

While the application still appeared to "hang" at launch I patiently waited - nearly 5 minutes or more - before doing the 3-finger salute...
                                and BINGO!- Edius completed its start-up and I'm back in business...

Currently running on v3.22 but will complete updates through v3.62-after I complete project in progress-

anybody have a zipped version of Edius 4.24 ?

I'd like to see if I can run it and have success with my DV Rex Pro RT breakout box...
                                I'll hang in there for a while until I decide on changing acquisition/servicing HDV or HD - all my work is standard def and the Canopus/GV family of products have served me well...

StoryCrafters

WIN XPPro SP2
                                Tyan Tiger K7 Motherboard
                                AMD Anthlon 1500+
                                1.33 GHz dual
                                1 GB RAM
                                DVRex RT Pro
                                Radeon 9800 Pro
                                Creative SB Live!
                                Edius v3.22
                                Imaginate v2.0
                                Procoder v2.0