Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• antonsvideo
    replied
    720x540 is the correct pixel aspect for 4:3 NTSC still images using square pixel, you can also use smaller like 640x480

720/180=4
    540/180=3

the question is, what pixel shape did PP export, square or rectangular?

Leave a comment:

• tdtinker
    replied
    I did go in and change each photo (175), but it still don't understand why they are loading up as 16X9 images in a 4X4 project.
    tdtinker

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by tdtinker View Post
    1. What are the sizes of the stills? 920X720
    2. What is your project preset? SD 4X3
    3. What was the preset in PP?10'X7.5"
    4. What resolution and aspect ration were you after? 4X3
    5. Did you export the timeline from PP to get the stills? No I exported the images as jpegs to a folder as 920x720px
    As Matt says, just right click and adjust the aspect ratio. My question is why so low of a resolution for the stills?

Leave a comment:

• mattmatt
    replied
    So whats the problem? Importing a pic at 920x720 1.3333 will looked squished in a 4:3 edius project.

Again, just right click the still, go properties, and change the aspect ratio to 1.3333. Done.

Leave a comment:

• tdtinker
    replied
    1. What are the sizes of the stills? 920X720
    2. What is your project preset? SD 4X3
    3. What was the preset in PP?10'X7.5"
    4. What resolution and aspect ration were you after? 4X3
    5. Did you export the timeline from PP to get the stills? No I exported the images as jpegs to a folder as 920x720px

Leave a comment:

• mattmatt
    replied
    If you are in a 4:3 edis project, all you have to do is make sure that whatever pixel aspect ratio the "stills" where created in, is still true upon import. This way (I'm assuming you exported from a HDV project in PP) edius will make sure the image is displaed correctly, although it might letterbox or pillar box it, depending on your project.

For example, if you are working in a HDV 16:9 PP project, then your pixel aspect ratio will be 1.3333. So when you import your stills or video from there into edius 4:3 project, just make sure that your aspect ratio for each bin item is still 1.3333. To do this, right click on the still, go down to properties and then change (or leave) the aspect ratio to 1.333 (16:9).
    Last edited by mattmatt; 02-26-2008, 11:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by tdtinker View Post
    We are importing a group of still from a PP project to Edius 4-3 project as JPEGS, but the stills import as 1.3333(16X9). Do we have a setting wrong?
    tdtinker
    1. What are the sizes of the stills?
    2. What is your project preset?
    3. What was the preset in PP?
    4. What resolution and aspect ration were you after?
    5. Did you export the timeline from PP to get the stills?

Leave a comment:

• tdtinker
    replied
    Still no suggestion?

Leave a comment:

• tdtinker
    started a topic Aspect Ratio on Stills

Aspect Ratio on Stills

We are importing a group of still from a PP project to Edius 4-3 project as JPEGS, but the stills import as 1.3333(16X9). Do we have a setting wrong?
    tdtinker
Working...
X