• Show
Clear All

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    That's correct.

Leave a comment:

• LightPrism
    replied
    Thanks Chris - so for sake of clarity, buy the crossgrade to get the dongle and then install from Kenneally's iso.... the version that comes with the purchased dongle is still 4.54.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_CP
    replied
    Originally posted by LightPrism View Post
    What is the upgrade process since a physical dongle (or 2 for broadcast version) are required. Just call sales in San Jose and they ship out the dongle(s)?
    If you are upgrading from EDIUS Pro 3, you can perform a cross-grade upgrade to EDIUS Broadcast 4.5, which will be a 1-dongle solution. The easiest way to buy the upgrade in North America is through our online store. All of the upgrades listed there are in stock right now.

Leave a comment:

• SoundFreak
    replied
    My dongle sits straight on the Motherboard, the Intel S5000XVN has a USB port (not only jumpers) so all my dongle's reside inside the server casing.
    That I think is as safe as you can get ...........

Leave a comment:

• THoff
    replied
    In a way that would be more reliable than needing two functioning dongles -- you are reducing the number of potential points of failure.

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Originally posted by pjsssss View Post
    But that is no different if you had bought Brooadcast originally. If I had 2, I would go the one dongle route.
    Yeah. I'd go with 1 dongle too, either way I don't do much mobile editing via a laptop so the dongle is just in the rear USB port of my workstation(s)

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    Originally posted by STORMDAVE View Post
    ^ Yeah that's possible...but as mentioned a few times, if you lose that dongle, you lose both the Broadcast license and the Edius application license itself...so that's about $1,000 worth of software :(
    But that is no different if you had bought Brooadcast originally. If I had 2, I would go the one dongle route.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    I think you only end up with 2 dongles when you upgrade from standard to broadcast

in my case, I bought broadcast in the first place, so it only came with 1 dongle

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    ^ Yeah that's possible...but as mentioned a few times, if you lose that dongle, you lose both the Broadcast license and the Edius application license itself...so that's about $1,000 worth of software :(

Leave a comment:

• THoff
    replied
    But I think you can combine the two dongles into one using the Edius License Manager utility, correct? The new dongles included with Broadcast can handle multiple licenses, and the old dongle would wind up being empty, but you'd free up one USB port.

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Great work KH! Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    You will still need both dongles. It's the license on the dongles that counts...not the software.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_CP View Post
    Physical product with EDIUS 4.6 won't be available from the factory until early March, but we may not stock them in the San Jose warehouse until all of our current inventory is exhausted. Since there are several upgrade options, we may not be totally 4.6'd until late March.

I would buy the upgrade, download the 4.6 ISO, install from the ISO and plig in the dongle. Maybe burn the ISO to your own DVD...? Just thinking out loud here....
    Chris,
    If I download the Broadcast 4.6 version, and install on a clean unit, will this negate the need to use the Edius Pro and Broadcast dongle? Hopefully, it will work as a full version and just need the broadcast dongle.
    Any thoughts?
    Jerry

Leave a comment:

• LightPrism
    replied
    Thanks Chris and Kenneally- one of our internet connections is very fast so probably will go that route as advised. So glad that you guys came up with a full install instead of the myriad of steps to get there.

What is the upgrade process since a physical dongle (or 2 for broadcast version) are required. Just call sales in San Jose and they ship out the dongle(s)?

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_CP
    replied
    Physical product with EDIUS 4.6 won't be available from the factory until early March, but we may not stock them in the San Jose warehouse until all of our current inventory is exhausted. Since there are several upgrade options, we may not be totally 4.6'd until late March.

I would buy the upgrade, download the 4.6 ISO, install from the ISO and plig in the dongle. Maybe burn the ISO to your own DVD...? Just thinking out loud here....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X