Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.6 Clean Install on New Workstation

Have 2 or 3 Edius 3.x licenses.

Will have a new workstation this week and would like to use one of the Edius 3.x licenses to upgrade to 4.6.

Was wondering if there is a way just to buy the upgrade and then do a full one time clean install from CD or DVD instead of all the steps noted in the forum.

Remember mention that an .ISO might be available soon for a one step install of 4.6

The ISO should be up within the next hour or so.

It's 2GB, so I wouldn't plan to be up and running any time soon..

Comment

thanks much Kenneally.

Any chance of a DVD when purchasing the upgrade from San Jose sales?

Comment

Physical product with EDIUS 4.6 won't be available from the factory until early March, but we may not stock them in the San Jose warehouse until all of our current inventory is exhausted. Since there are several upgrade options, we may not be totally 4.6'd until late March.

I would buy the upgrade, download the 4.6 ISO, install from the ISO and plig in the dongle. Maybe burn the ISO to your own DVD...? Just thinking out loud here....

Comment

Thanks Chris and Kenneally- one of our internet connections is very fast so probably will go that route as advised. So glad that you guys came up with a full install instead of the myriad of steps to get there.

What is the upgrade process since a physical dongle (or 2 for broadcast version) are required. Just call sales in San Jose and they ship out the dongle(s)?

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_CP View Post
            Physical product with EDIUS 4.6 won't be available from the factory until early March, but we may not stock them in the San Jose warehouse until all of our current inventory is exhausted. Since there are several upgrade options, we may not be totally 4.6'd until late March.

I would buy the upgrade, download the 4.6 ISO, install from the ISO and plig in the dongle. Maybe burn the ISO to your own DVD...? Just thinking out loud here....
            Chris,
            If I download the Broadcast 4.6 version, and install on a clean unit, will this negate the need to use the Edius Pro and Broadcast dongle? Hopefully, it will work as a full version and just need the broadcast dongle.
            Any thoughts?
            Jerry
            Jerry
            Six Gill DV
            www.sgdvtutorials.com
            If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
            http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
            Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

You will still need both dongles. It's the license on the dongles that counts...not the software.

Comment

Great work KH! Thanks!

Comment

But I think you can combine the two dongles into one using the Edius License Manager utility, correct? The new dongles included with Broadcast can handle multiple licenses, and the old dongle would wind up being empty, but you'd free up one USB port.

Comment

^ Yeah that's possible...but as mentioned a few times, if you lose that dongle, you lose both the Broadcast license and the Edius application license itself...so that's about $1,000 worth of software :(

Comment

I think you only end up with 2 dongles when you upgrade from standard to broadcast

in my case, I bought broadcast in the first place, so it only came with 1 dongle
                      Anton Strauss
                      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by STORMDAVE View Post
                        ^ Yeah that's possible...but as mentioned a few times, if you lose that dongle, you lose both the Broadcast license and the Edius application license itself...so that's about $1,000 worth of software :(
                        But that is no different if you had bought Brooadcast originally. If I had 2, I would go the one dongle route.

Comment

Originally posted by pjsssss View Post
                          But that is no different if you had bought Brooadcast originally. If I had 2, I would go the one dongle route.
                          Yeah. I'd go with 1 dongle too, either way I don't do much mobile editing via a laptop so the dongle is just in the rear USB port of my workstation(s)

Comment

In a way that would be more reliable than needing two functioning dongles -- you are reducing the number of potential points of failure.

Comment

My dongle sits straight on the Motherboard, the Intel S5000XVN has a USB port (not only jumpers) so all my dongle's reside inside the server casing.
                              That I think is as safe as you can get ...........

Comment

Working...
                              X