X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ludde
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluetongue View Post
    One thing that may fix this if it is what I am getting from your description, in EDIUS go to
    Settings<>Hardware<>Overlay and set the refresh rate to Field instead of Frame
    Regards Barry
    Hi, I have the overlay set to fields....
    I will check out the pegasus board..
    Thanks
    Ludde

Leave a comment:

• Bluetongue
    replied
    Originally posted by Ludde View Post
    Hi, hope you can help me, I taped a guitarplayer, but after capturing in edius, I see that the strings and frets are Flickering, they float together, I didn´t noticed this when I was shooting, It is not there in the viewfinder or on the lcd display of my HV20....
    Is there something I have done wrong capturing it, if not, is there some sort of trick to remove this flickering, I have already tried the de interlacer and anti flicker filter ?
    One thing that may fix this if it is what I am getting from your description, in EDIUS go to
    Settings<>Hardware<>Overlay and set the refresh rate to Field instead of Frame
    Regards Barry

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    Unless it is something needed now, I would always wait until NAB. Lots of things are introduced at that time.

Leave a comment:

• gdame
    replied
    I recorded in 1920x1080, but then, via firewire, canon HV20 is only able to put out 1440x1080, so I captured it in 1440x1080 HDV HQ AVI, The canon HV20 is only able to put out 1920x1080 via HDMI, I don´t know if GV has a solution for that.., maybe somebody has info ?
    But anyway, as said before, the problem is not there when video is exported..
    GV has a board called the Pegasus that captures via HDMI directly to the HQ format via a hardware encoding chip on the board, No software encode to HQ here! The resultant files are fully compatible with Edius Pro.

Just a thought.

Leave a comment:

• Ludde
    replied
    Yes, Canon HV20 records in 1920x1080, but only output 1440x1080 viafirewire, if you want 1920x1080, one must use HDMI

Leave a comment:

• SRsupport
    replied
    can hdv record 1920 x1080? I don't think so.
    but I can be wrong
    As far as I know HDV is 1440

Leave a comment:

• Ludde
    replied
    Originally posted by gdame View Post
    What was the format of the clip that you tried to export? was it a full size HQ clip? If so, maybe some thing is weird with the way it was aquired or captured. If you make a new file of the entire clip on the timeline, does that cure it?
    I recorded in 1920x1080, but then, via firewire, canon HV20 is only able to put out 1440x1080, so I captured it in 1440x1080 HDV HQ AVI, The canon HV20 is only able to put out 1920x1080 via HDMI, I don´t know if GV has a solution for that.., maybe somebody has info ?
    But anyway, as said before, the problem is not there when video is exported..

Leave a comment:

• Ludde
    replied
    I am using Desktop,but I will experiment with refresh rate, now that I know that there is nothing wrong with the picture, I can sit back and relax a monent :)

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_MD
    replied
    I wouldexperiment and see how the different refreshrates effect the picture.

You might run into the problem that the monitor is not going to handle that type of video perfectly.

Are you using a desktop or Laptop?

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Ludde
    replied
    Hi, I am using the computer monitor..So what refresh rate should I have for HDV work then ?

Leave a comment:

• gdame
    replied
    Well, I could do that, but I tried to export a piece and I also exported a still picture, then the problem is simply not there, must be a edius thingy..hmmm
    What was the format of the clip that you tried to export? was it a full size HQ clip? If so, maybe some thing is weird with the way it was aquired or captured. If you make a new file of the entire clip on the timeline, does that cure it?

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_MD
    replied
    When you edit are you looking at a Monitor or using the computer moniter overlay as your visual reference?

If you are using the computer monitor it might just be the refresh rate that is causing the look you are getting :)

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Ludde
    replied
    Well, I could do that, but I tried to export a piece and I also exported a still picture, then the problem is simply not there, must be a edius thingy..hmmm

Leave a comment:

• gdame
    replied
    Hi, hope you can help me, I taped a guitarplayer, but after capturing in edius, I see that the strings and frets are Flickering, they float together, I didn´t noticed this when I was shooting, It is not there in the viewfinder or on the lcd display of my HV20....
    Is there something I have done wrong capturing it, if not, is there some sort of trick to remove this flickering, I have already tried the de interlacer and anti flicker filter ?
    Do you have a small samply of the clip? Or a still we could see? Does it happen for the entire clip or more so when the strings are being played?

Leave a comment:

• Ludde
    started a topic Problem with guitarpicture in edius hdv

Problem with guitarpicture in edius hdv

Working...
X