Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your 4:3 to 16:9 converting techniques here........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrassValley_MD
    replied
    Ronnie, it takes away the ability to place the layout over individual clips easily but you could create a single file when you have the video editing done and then bring that single clip in and use the layout tool once.

Or, start a new sequence bring the first one in and then apply the layout tool.

I think either way would work.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• RonnieMartin
    replied
    My end product is usually 4X3 SD DVD. However, more and more clients are asking for their video in 16X9 SD. I am editing originally in 16X9 and then going back and using the layout tool on each clip individually and changing them to 4X3. I am careful to place the titles so that they do not require re positioning.
    Most of the time my video is 1 hour and 30 minutes long and to go back on each clip is really time consuming. Is there another way to do this?

Thanks

Ronnie
    www.dirtracingvideo.com

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    yes, and you can also fine tune vertical position in case you are chopping off heads

and in case of 16:9 to 4:3, you can control horizontal position on a scene per scene basis so nobody is cut in half

also, to avoid zooming too much and losing too much info, I stretch slightly, nobody will notice

and yes, the layout tool is the one to use to do it all

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bill
    replied
    And if you ever want to go the other way '16:9 to 4:3'
    bring up the layout tool and click on 'Fit Height'

This way you fill the screen and get rid of the black bars ,
    but lose some of the footage from the sides.
    Last edited by Mr Bill; 05-22-2007, 02:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    Rt Click on the clip or hit F7 to bring up the Layout tool. I can't remember all of the settings but click on Fit to Width.

Leave a comment:

• Post your 4:3 to 16:9 converting techniques here........

To all my GURU Edius users. Post your 4:3 to 16:9 techniques below. Cheers
Working...
X