Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony's new HVR-Z7U and HVR-S270U will be shipping in mid February.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony's new HVR-Z7U and HVR-S270U will be shipping in mid February.

Will Edius 4.6 pro or Broadcast support these new cameras?

Thanks

Ronnie
    Ronnie Martin
    Kato Video Productions
    main system: custom built by Edit HD Ultma 277,Intel (R) core (TM) i7 2600K cpu 3.40 GHz 3.40Ghz, 16GB ram, Windows 7, Intel HD (R) graphics 3000, NVIDA Gforce GT 440, C drive Samsung SSD 850 pro, video drive WD 3TB SATA, 2 LG Bluray drives, External WD SATA 2TB storage/backup drives in thermaltake Black device. edius 8.3 WG

They just shoot HDV Ronnie so there shouldn't be any problems at all.

Vaughan
    Main Edit System ASUS Z170-Pro, 6700K, 32 gig ram HD Spark, Windows 7 64bit Edius 8.1 (Edit Machine)
    2nd System Intel DZ77BH, 3770K, 16 GB ram, Edius 8.1 (ingest and authoring)
    3rd system (internet & Printing station)

Comment

Originally posted by RonnieMartin View Post
      Will Edius 4.6 pro or Broadcast support these new cameras?

Thanks

Ronnie
      The Z7U in stock in some stores Today
      ---------------------------------------------------
      Edius 4.6 Broadcast, FCP Studio, MacPro 8 Core, (Currently using 8800GT) ATI 2600

Comment

I am beginning to think that I should have waited for the 270 instead of the EX at least I could shoot DVCAM and I guess get good clean video until the Blu Ray gets affordable for the masses.

Ronnie
        Ronnie Martin
        Kato Video Productions
        main system: custom built by Edit HD Ultma 277,Intel (R) core (TM) i7 2600K cpu 3.40 GHz 3.40Ghz, 16GB ram, Windows 7, Intel HD (R) graphics 3000, NVIDA Gforce GT 440, C drive Samsung SSD 850 pro, video drive WD 3TB SATA, 2 LG Bluray drives, External WD SATA 2TB storage/backup drives in thermaltake Black device. edius 8.3 WG

Comment

Originally posted by RonnieMartin View Post
          I am beginning to think that I should have waited for the 270 instead of the EX at least I could shoot DVCAM and I guess get good clean video until the Blu Ray gets affordable for the masses.

Ronnie
          A friend of mine bought the EX and is very unhappy. He not only doesn't like the blurr in motion shots he really hates the looooooooong start up time (and has actually missed shots because of it) and the terrible way it off balances in one's hands. He's negotating trading it off this week in Cleveland and if not then in LA next week, opting to get an HVX200.
          "What me worry?" Alfred E. Neuman .. after all, two wrongs don't make a right - BUT - three lefts do :-)

MacBook Pro (late 2011 8,2) 10.1, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 Gb 1600 DDR 3, 512 GB SSD, Mountain Lion with Parallels, External SATA HDD's on Thunderbolt, Final Cut Pro 7.

Canon 5DM2, 7D, HF G20 x 2, HF M40, with Beachtek Audio, Pro mixing, mics, both LED and Arri fresnel lighting, portable camera dolly, and camera jib.

Comment

Originally posted by drdimento View Post
            A friend of mine bought the EX and is very unhappy. He not only doesn't like the blurr in motion shots he really hates the looooooooong start up time (and has actually missed shots because of it) and the terrible way it off balances in one's hands. He's negotating trading it off this week in Cleveland and if not then in LA next week, opting to get an HVX200.
            Is the HVX any better in these regards? - I'm on the fence too...
            www.wishlistcentral.com - suggest new features
            www.buglistcentral.com - report bugs
            www.wishlistcentral.com/edius/ - Free edius user add-ons

Comment

I would wait until NAB to see what Panasonic has up it's sleeve. It's only 2 months away.

Comment

Originally posted by STORMDAVE View Post
                I would wait until NAB to see what Panasonic has up it's sleeve. It's only 2 months away.
                Hmm - true, although the Z7 is looking really good - tape and Memory at the same time!
                www.wishlistcentral.com - suggest new features
                www.buglistcentral.com - report bugs
                www.wishlistcentral.com/edius/ - Free edius user add-ons

Comment

Originally posted by xmanflash View Post
                  Is the HVX any better in these regards? - I'm on the fence too...
                  Depends on what issue you are talking about.

If it is blur from 24P, well, that's largely dictated by the frame rate and temporal resolution. Given the same frame rate and shutter speed, the blur will be identical.

However, there are differences in how the sensors scan. The HVX reads out the entire sensor at the same time, something the EX doesn't do -- it has a rolling shutter. When the camera pans or zooms rapidly, or if an object moves quickly through a locked shot, that can cause distortion problems that are difficult not to notice.

Regarding handling, if you aren't putting the cameras on a tripod, I would suggest some other support system like a DVRig. Neither camera is one you want to hand-hold for extended periods.

As far as startup times are concerned, the HVX takes a couple of seconds (I'd day between three and five) when you turn it on, but there is no lag when you actually start recording, and in video (not film) mode, it can pre-record so that your recording actually includes a couple of seconds from before you pressed the REC button.

Comment

Working...
                  X