Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deebee69
    • May 2007

dragging multiple clips in multicam

So Ive done what Mike Downey told me to do in his Tutorial ....which was in multicam mode control click 2 or more clips within the bin window and then drag and drop them on to the timeline.
    Well in his tutorial he does just this and he multi selects 4 clips and drags them to the timeline where 4 clips stacked onto eachother stack neatly to the timeline.
    Even though Im in multicam mode and have selected clips to come in jamed to their timecode, Im only control clicking 2 clips to see 1 clip of 2 able to travel to the timeline
    What am I doing wrong?
    Edius Version 7.4.Win 7 pro
    -Dual Xeon i7 2.66 Ghz x 5550quadcore NehalemHyper/Threading.SupermicroX8DAI motherboard. 1xwestern dig 32mb cache drive.2x 1tb samsung 32mb cache sata drives. 6x 2GB DDR3 ECC RAM.nVidia-gtx 760 card.Procoder3,Prodad,New Blue,Blufftitler After Effects,cinemasuite etc.
  • pjsssss
    • May 2007

I am guessing that you have both clips but they are on the same track one after another. Is that correct?

Comment

• deebee69
      • May 2007

NO
      just one clip travels with my cursor ...the second clip does not travel combined with the first clip at all and certainly does not follow the first clip onto the same track.
      Im trying to stack them as in the tutorial but when ive control clicked both clips in the bin window only one is on the end of my cursor not the second clip which was selected at the same time?
      -Dual Xeon i7 2.66 Ghz x 5550quadcore NehalemHyper/Threading.SupermicroX8DAI motherboard. 1xwestern dig 32mb cache drive.2x 1tb samsung 32mb cache sata drives. 6x 2GB DDR3 ECC RAM.nVidia-gtx 760 card.Procoder3,Prodad,New Blue,Blufftitler After Effects,cinemasuite etc.

Comment

• GrassValley_BH
        Demystifier/Analogizer
        • Apr 2007

Sounds like your Sync Mode is set to Async, so both clips are coming in one-behind-the-other.

Comment

• deebee69
          • May 2007

No
          Its set to timecode
          But im beginning to think there might be a problem with how Ive synced the 2 cameras together ,although the cameras are synced perfectly with setting them to FREE RUN so there clocks are running continuously.
          I can bring the 2 camera tracks in manually and sync them up but the drag and drop feature from bin window is not working for me?

Comment

• SRsupport
            Grass Cutter Gold
            • May 2007

Put the sync to clips in are both clips going now?
            Steve
            EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
            A proud EDIUS EDITOR
            For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

• deebee69
              • May 2007

Yes that brings in both clips stacked on top of each other.
              But the 2 clips don't match in time with their timecode .
              The 2 cameras were set up to free run and same time code running identically,so whilst its nice and a step foreward to bring the clips in on top of each other the multicam way of bringing in the clips via their timecode still alludes me.
              Ive got on with the editing today by manually syncing the 2 time codes together on the timeline and have managed to edit in multicam mode ok.
              However Im still misstified as to why these clips wont come in with their timecode in unison?

Comment

Working...