Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoundFreak
    replied
    Thanks Anton for the "ATInVidiaXPRO45" it works as a charm with ATI 2600 Pro at Home, but strangely with the Office rig using an old FX 5600 it doesn't !

Leave a comment:

• SoundFreak
    replied
    I am using Edius from version 1.1 and have learned from past updates who went very wrong.

I have multiple boot HD's with XP and Edius safely in my drawer, always with previous versions on it, they won't get me with my pants down .................

Anyway good advice, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    Originally posted by SoundFreak View Post
    This morning the pc did not boot, 2nd boot ok, recovered from serious error bla bla, ran tune up utils / windows repair, found 21 problems, some related to edius.
    Now would be a good time to back up important files - just in case...

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    I have not tried the 8800

make sure the dll (D3D7NV.DLL) copied itself in the Stages folder of Explode Pro 4.5

be sure you start the Xplode Pro config tool found in Xplode Pro folder and not the Xplode Edius config tool

Leave a comment:

• PaulTV
    replied
    Hi Anton, I set up explode pro as I "think" it should be but no joy - I guess I need a guide here, if I set xplode renderer to nvidia direct 3d T&L HAL, I get blue screen at xplode transition, true for any form of renderer on the list, must be missing something or the 8800gt is not supported.

thanks

Paul
    Last edited by PaulTV; 02-21-2008, 02:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PaulTV
    replied
    Thanks Anton, I'm off out for tapas breakfast now, I'll check this out and report back, meanwhile, I'll download the 4.6 update again, and try a new install, something is odd with this one I have, even showing strange behaviour on the laptop.

Paul

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    http://www.videoproductions.com.au/e...idiaXPRO45.exe

after installing, you need to config Xplode Pro 4.5, let me know if you need help with that

Leave a comment:

• PaulTV
    replied
    Thanks Anton, I've looked too, but no success, I have an NVidia 8800GT - cool thanks. Stormdave had it on Edius Forum, but its down.

Paul
    Last edited by PaulTV; 02-21-2008, 10:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    the xplode pro 4.5 patch is available for nvidea or ati cards, but will not work with all cards or graphics driver versions

the older the driver, the better your chance

I am currently having trouble finding download locations, if you let me know what card you have, I can email you the patch

Leave a comment:

• PaulTV
    replied
    Anton, not aware of pro patch - can you illuminate? sorry, I seldom use Explode...

Paul

Leave a comment:

• SoundFreak
    replied
    Edius 4.6 Pro, NX card (no expansion) previous projects still run smooth.

Installed the update yesterday and completed a previous project without any issues.

This morning the pc did not boot, 2nd boot ok, recovered from serious error bla bla, ran tune up utils / windows repair, found 21 problems, some related to edius.

Repaired the list (sorry did not list down the problems) rebooted, and now cutting for the last 3 hours, all ok.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    all working perfect here

xplode pro transitions are all realtime even if stretched to 4 seconds duration (this of course is graphics card and xplode pro patch dependent)

what is your overlay method? Direct draw or direct 3D?

I use Direct Draw

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    I am running 4.6 on an NX with expansion kit and it works fine. You might want to try DL again. There is a possibility that you had a corrupt download.

Leave a comment:

• PaulTV
    replied
    A couple of other observations, whilst attempting to run 4.6, I noticed a slight image tearing at the bottom of the overlay, and during a slow pan/zoom the overlay is actually dropping frames, whilst the output from the NX is completely smooth.

I ran 4.6 on my laptop and the result is the same, full buffer, but frame dropping on the overlay too.

By the way, very odd, I tried to do a simple page peel, always used to be realtime, with Explode Pro, but no more, even on a single line of DV - is this right?

Paul

Leave a comment:

• PaulTV
    replied
    Well, I've just been around it one more time, uninstalled everything and installed 4.03 broadcast, then updated to 4.6 - same issues, can't edit due to unresponsive GUI, and "sticking" - very strange indeed, same with an OHCI setting as well as NX project - same with HD or SD project.

Re installed 4.54 and all is well.

something odd in this update for sure....

Paul

Leave a comment:

Working...
X