EX1 and 4.6... instant editing now!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next version.

Comment

For those editing EX1 files without transcoding, how's the performance? Is it a little sluggish like HDV?
      Edius 6.5 on Lenovo W520 laptop: Intel Core i7-2720QM @2.2 GHz, Nvidia graphics card, 8GB RAM, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. Canon Vixia HF-G10, three Sony HDV video cameras and one Canon 7D.

Comment

In my personal experience it is much more sluggish!! I did some editing with 1920x1080 50i material and it was hard...
        I used a Core2Duo 6850 system with a RAID0 hdd setup...
        Aristotelis Bafaloukos
        Systems Engineer, Video Editor, 3D Artist
        BEng (Hons), MSc, MBCS

Ctrl+Alt+Delete

Comment

Playing with EX1

Still deciphering a work flow that makes sense...

Drag the folder structure from the Windows Explorer to the bin, then Batch Convert to HQ with great RT, one folder at a time, with lots of dinky files, or...

Use the Clip Browser, convert to .mxf and make single files of the tiny .mp4 clip-ettes but lose the RecDate/Time info. and some RT.

I have the camera TC set to Clock and that helps give a record time reference.

currently leaning toward .mxf :~/
          (btw... the instant edit really IS! Edit 24p 35mbs from the card!)
          Last edited by Rusty; 08-01-2008, 05:03 PM.
          Rusty Rogers | Films
          >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
          >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
          Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎