Windows XP Professional x64 Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by number88 View Post
    Ok, my new computer is a huge source of frustration as it often crashes, giving me the "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL" etc message, then it restarts...this is with no programs added, at various random times. I did a bit of searching and some people have found the ASUS P5N-T-DX motherboard to be very unstable so looking around here I see George (gdame) recomends the asus P5K64 WS so I'm going to ask the computer store to send mine back and get that one instead.

...maybe I should also ask them if they could buy back the memory and video card for half price or whatever they offer and get the stuff George recomends...2 gigs of 1333 OCZ memory and Quadro FX1500. I would lose $$$ but I want to be happy with the end result.

then I got to thinking, my hobby is collecting video clips and having them play back at random, but I currently only collect clips from dvds because the quality is better than tv...however, a few days ago I got a hd tv and am starting to notice some pictures are looking very nice. Can I get a computer that can capture that 1080i HDTV signal by way of the hdmi cable coming out of my shaw HD pvr box? If it's possible, I guess it would involve adding some kind of capture card with hdmi input, plus upgrading my edius pro 3? I guess I'm being lazy asking this without looking around more first, but it's about 2:30 am and I've had a rough weekend working with this new computer which I'm going to take back tomorrow, and I'd like to have a better idea what I'd like before I take it back. Anyway, I'll look around a bit some more tomorrow. Thanks
    Number88, click on my screen name and select find all posts. Weed through those and you will find all the info to build a system that rocks. Cathryn from the UK did and she is one happy editor now.
    George Dame
    Grass Valley / Canopus System Integrator - Nearly 13 Years
    Providing Systems, Onsite Delivery, Support & Training Services Nationwide
    Get Your Copy of The Edius 6 Comprehensive Tutorial by contacting me via PM, email or phone
    Invite us to your local video association for a full demonstration!
    www.editHD.com - 1-877-ieditDV

Comment

Hi,
      I have been using my computer for along time, and don't know mine is XP 64 or 32bit.
      where can I check to know the 64 or 32bit?
      thnks

Comment

Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> System -> General

or

Start -> Run -> msinfo32

Comment

got It.
          thnk you

Comment

Originally posted by shueardm View Post
            Hi,

1) Remove the Sound card and see if that changes anything. if not
            2) Remove 3 of your (video) hard drives and see if it still gives that error when using a single hard drive. Do you have a RAID card installed?

Thanks for the tips! I was going to remove the onboard sound thru the bios but didn't want to do anything that might cause the store to say I voided the warranty. When I return the computer I'll tell the store your suggestions. I don't have any raid, just 4 hard drives.

Comment

Originally posted by gdame View Post
              Number88, click on my screen name and select find all posts. Weed through those and you will find all the info to build a system that rocks. Cathryn from the UK did and she is one happy editor now.
              Ok, I looked thru some of your posts, but will read more... thanks very much!

Comment

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is generally the sign of a driver or hardware conflict. It could be some kind of BIOS settings conflict, and it can also be the sign of bad/failing hardware.

On the other hand, it might be something simple like a card not "sitting nicely" in its slot.

The last time I had IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL it was because the fan on my graphics card had failed.

Hopefully the store will be able to sort it out for you.

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_BH View Post
                  IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is generally the sign of a driver or hardware conflict. It could be some kind of BIOS settings conflict, and it can also be the sign of bad/failing hardware.

On the other hand, it might be something simple like a card not "sitting nicely" in its slot.

The last time I had IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL it was because the fan on my graphics card had failed.

Hopefully the store will be able to sort it out for you.

Ok, thanks for all the suggestions. I'll update the results.

Comment

Working...
                  X