Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony EX-1 Edius Question

Ex-1 Edius Question

One of my machines is running NX Edius 4.54 Broadcast. I have installed a card reader for my EX-1 and I am able to import the clips from the card after exporting them from the card as .mxf files via the sony card reader software. They open in this machine with out a problem. (BTW the video is stunning) I have another NX machine running 4.54 Pro (non broadcast) that has an SD project on it and I want to share some of the clips from the EX to that project. I moved them over via my network as .mxf files to the NX machine running Edius Pro 4.54 and they would not open.

Is this an Edius/Broadcast problem? How can I import files from the EX into the machine running Edius 4.54 pro?

Thanks guys and gals sorry for all the questions today

Ronnie
    Ronnie Martin
    Kato Video Productions
    main system: custom built by Edit HD Ultma 277,Intel (R) core (TM) i7 2600K cpu 3.40 GHz 3.40Ghz, 16GB ram, Windows 7, Intel HD (R) graphics 3000, NVIDA Gforce GT 440, C drive Samsung SSD 850 pro, video drive WD 3TB SATA, 2 LG Bluray drives, External WD SATA 2TB storage/backup drives in thermaltake Black device. edius 8.3 WG

I think you need broadcast for the second machine.
    Steve
    EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
    A proud EDIUS EDITOR
    For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

EX requires a minimum of EDIUS Broadcast v4.6

So essentially, if you want to share content in that specific format, both systems need Broadcast installed.

(ie. you can buy an upgrade for the Pro system, or sneaker-net your dongle)

Comment

Will the update to 4.6 take care of the EX problem in Edius Pro or will I still have to upgrade that one machine to Broadcast? I want to be able to use the EX with projects on both machines. This current project will be on going for several months possibly a year.

Thanks
        Ronnie
        Ronnie Martin
        Kato Video Productions
        main system: custom built by Edit HD Ultma 277,Intel (R) core (TM) i7 2600K cpu 3.40 GHz 3.40Ghz, 16GB ram, Windows 7, Intel HD (R) graphics 3000, NVIDA Gforce GT 440, C drive Samsung SSD 850 pro, video drive WD 3TB SATA, 2 LG Bluray drives, External WD SATA 2TB storage/backup drives in thermaltake Black device. edius 8.3 WG

Comment

Both machines MUST be broadcast - sorry.
          TingSern
          --------------------------------------
          Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

Originally posted by RonnieMartin View Post
            Will the update to 4.6 take care of the EX problem in Edius Pro or will I still have to upgrade that one machine to Broadcast? I want to be able to use the EX with projects on both machines. This current project will be on going for several months possibly a year.

Thanks
            Ronnie

Ronnie,

The codec is in broadcast so to work with the projects you would need broadcast on both.

Mike

Comment

Not a Problem.... I will simply update to Broadcast on both machines. I can see that the new EX has such stunning images that I will want to use it on both machines.

Monday I shot with my DSR 500 at the University of Mississippi Dental School and I had been using the EX just a few hours earlier. When I looked at the video that I shot with the DSR 500 it just didn't look as sharp and it has 2/3 inch chips. I think what happens is that when you have been looking at HD or HDV footage then suddenly shift to SD it you think something is wrong with the camera.

However, Edius came to the rescue. A slight sharpness filter made the SD footage "pop" a little bit and after a while it looked fair. The final result for distribution will be SD DVD so ultimately it is not as distressing. I sure will be glad when we can distribute our work in a HD format (which ever wins) at a reasonable price.

I think that when some company comes out with a set top player that will play everything from a CD to what ever HD format (and bubba can find it at Walmart) the prices of the blank disks and burners will get down to where a bottom feeder like me can afford it. Maybe my customer base will be able to afford it also.

Thanks for all your help
              Ronnie
              Ronnie Martin
              Kato Video Productions

Comment

Generally, if you have access to a HD camera, I will still film in HD even if the ultimate destination is SD. Better colours and sharpness is the reason.
                TingSern
                --------------------------------------
                Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

Working...
                X