Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Audio with QT clip?

Hi All,

I have a QT clip that when I bring it in to the time line, the audio does not come with. Try as I might, I've got nothing. Yet, from within QT player, everything is fine. Any ideas or workarounds?

Thanks.

Dave

Okay, so this is getting frustrating. I am dragging the QT clip to a VA track, but there is no audio at all on the timeline. The only thing I'm thinking to get by this is to maybe convert to an AVI with QTPRO? I don't own it though so I don't know if that will work...

Thoughts?

Comment

Sounds like the audio is in a format that Edius is not fond of. Conversion to .avi is always a better option.

Be thankful you're not editing .avi in FCP!
      Rusty Rogers | Films
      >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
      >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
      Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

EDIUS only accepts PCM wave audio from a QT clip. Now, pretty much NO QT clip uses PCM wave (nowadays it's AAC), so I would suggest you open up the QT player, export the audio out separately as a WAV file, and then import that file into EDIUS, locking it to the video.

Or you can rerender the entire clip out from QT player, as Rusty suggested.

Comment

Have had similar problem and rendered clip out of Procoder Express (stand alone) into Edius format to get around problem.
          System 1 - SP with Edius Broadcast 4.54 , 2x DUAL 2.66 Xeon CPU's, Tyan 2696, 2gig RAM, Sapphire 1950PRO 2

System 2 - RT2 MAX with Edius Pro 4.54, 2x Xeon 2.4ghz CPU's, 512meg RAM, Compaq

Comment

Working...
          X