Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aristotelis
    replied
    I put some thinking on the case and I end up with the following procedure which I believe is the fastest way:

Search inside the bin (Ctrl+F) using the following criteria
    1) Clip type->still
    2) Timeline reference -> used
    Edius will gather all used images inside a new search folder
    Then make a clone of your project and create a new sequense
    drag all the images from the search folder inside that sequense and delete all the other sequences
    Consolidate your project in a new folder and you are done...
    Last edited by Aristotelis; 05-22-2007, 05:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    Thanks guys for all the different ways of thinking. I will try the old Hans method.

Leave a comment:

• vienna1944er
    replied
    please, excuse my miserable english......

eventually simple way, eventually faster, and imho more control chances

create in windows the file i.e ...."_folder1 for **** imaginate" on hold it open
    create in the bin a new folder i.e. ..... "**** first 20 for imaginate" and open [activate] it

a) on your timeline mark the different 20 pic and move it in one step per mouse to the new open bin-folder
    b) sent the different 20 pic from your timeline per shotcut "Add to Bin" to the new open bin-folder

in the new open bin-folder right-mouse click[kontex] on a clip, and keybord "x"
    will open the correct windows-folder from the media-file and mark the media-file

move [or duplicate] the marked file from one to the other open window folder with the mouse

exampel (look at the name from the folders):

greetings from europe\austria\vienna....old Hans

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    OK. I was just hoping I could highlight or move the 20 - 30 clips and get them to a folder as opposed to deleting the other thousand, but maybe I am just getting greedy.

I assume that I should do this, consolidate the program, and then go back and undo the delete and repeat the procedure for each group of clips that I want to use?

Leave a comment:

• SRsupport
    replied
    Pat,

It's easy. Once the files are removed form the timeline you don't have to search them in the bin.

It is just a command.
    Sequence the pictures to a new and just delete all the file form the other sequences.

It's very easy.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• Aristotelis
    replied
    You can do what SRsupport suggested and then use windows search inside your new folder to find images only....

This will not be time consuming

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    Originally posted by SRsupport View Post
    Make a copy of the project file and remove the files fro the time line you don't want to consolidate and you're done.Remember to use remove un-used file form the bin also.
    That will be a little time consuming considering there are well over a thousand clips and I want to grab them for Imaginate in groups of 20 or 30. Any other way?

Leave a comment:

• SRsupport
    replied
    Make a copy of the project file and remove the files fro the time line you don't want to consolidate and you're done.Remember to use remove un-used file form the bin also.

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    I think we are on the right track. I love learning something new.

It seems that when I do this that it is wanting to copy the files for the entire project, not just the clips I have selected and put in the new sequence.

This project has probably a thousand clips of video, graphics, and photos. I want to do several different Imaginate series, so it is important to be able to put different photos in different folders.

Leave a comment:

• Aristotelis
    replied
    Go to file and then choose consolidate project, choose a new folder and check the option copy used files to project folder...
    This is a very nice feature and the most important is that it will not modify the resolution of your images...It will just make a copy of the original files...

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    That sound very promising. How do I consolidate to a folder

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    unfortunately, Ctrl+T is not a good solution if your plan is to use them in imaginate

because if you use Ctrl+T you will end up with low res 720px wide image that can't be zoomed and moved in Imaginate

the bigger the better when it comes to imaginate, I use the full 10 megapixel images from my Canon D400

Leave a comment:

• Aristotelis
    replied
    Drag all the photos you need in a new sequence and then consolidate the sequence in a new folder...

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    started a topic Making a New Folder

Making a New Folder

I have a series of photos on a timeline that have come from various folders and locations. Now I would like to somehow group them all together in a windows folder so that I can import them all into Imaginate. This would keep me from having to manually locate each photo. The best solution so far is to do a CTRL T on each one to the same folder. While that is a better solution, it is still very time consuming. Does anyone have a better suggestion?
Working...
X