Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EDIUS3(with PhotoAlbum) and EDIUS4 on same PC

HI!
    On the old Canopus site someone posted a technic for installing on the same PC the 2 versions of Edius espcialy due to the impossibiliy of using PhotoAlbum with Edius4!
    I found a new way of having both the versions od Edius on the same PC,
    also because I have many projects using the great PhotoAlbum!

I Virtualized the installation of Edius3 with SVS (http://juice.altiris.com/node/86) Great solution! With one click I activate Edius3 and edit with it and
    than I can deactivate it also with another click! No conflicts!

I hope this help also other people that was sceptic upgrading to Edius 4 because of PhotoAlbum "problem"!

Svs?

Hi

I followed the link to juice/altiris and although it appears to offer registration, nothing actually happens, no password or instructions. I went to the SVS site and see that is now a Symantec company and has no mention of "personal version" of the virtualisation software.

I also have the problem of Photoalbum and v4 and I am desperate for a solution as I have a video with photoalbum pages which I need to amend but can't install v3 and v4 on the same computer...yet.

If you can point me to a copy of this software, I would be extremely grateful

James

Comment

Originally posted by amplix View Post
      Hi

I followed the link to juice/altiris and although it appears to offer registration, nothing actually happens, no password or instructions. I went to the SVS site and see that is now a Symantec company and has no mention of "personal version" of the virtualisation software.

I also have the problem of Photoalbum and v4 and I am desperate for a solution as I have a video with photoalbum pages which I need to amend but can't install v3 and v4 on the same computer...yet.

If you can point me to a copy of this software, I would be extremely grateful

James
      Start here:
      http://juice.altiris.com/svs
      or download it at:
      http://www.download.com/Software-Vir...ml?tag=lst-0-1

When you Install svs it points you automaticly to the site for the
      personal serial number!

Comment

I hope this works out for you guys!

Just remember to be careful with this as it is not supported and you are in new waters. :)

I just would hate for you to lose anyting that is important!

Mike

Comment

Now got the virtualisation software

Hi
          I've got the Asiris software now and I set up a layer called Edius 3. I can install Edius 3 into this layer. It works but the screen resolution is lower than 1024*768 which is my standard setting. When I install PA 2.02 into this layer it doesn't appear on my transitions.

Can you describe the method of installation in case I'm missing out a step

James

Comment

Working...
          X