Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angelo
    replied
    For my ATI X800XL, I'm using Omega Catalyst 7.9 and ATI Tools v1.3.6.1042.

For sound, I'm using the onboard Realtek HD Audio.

...Angelo

Leave a comment:

• DigitalDave
    replied
    FWIW I am using ATI Radeon 8800 Pro and Audigy 2 sound card. I know that many Storm users are using 4.5* but I also know that UK support are investigating problems with Storm since it's arrival. The fact that in OHCI ( Storm drivers disabled) it works would indicate something quirky but I have found no way to get the older version driver back in and and get it working as it should....so maybe there is more to it?

David

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    I do wonder if there is a common element in the graphics card, with systems that crash and those that don't..

Leave a comment:

• Angelo
    replied
    I'll just add that I'm using Edius 4.54 with DVStorm2 hardware and OHCI without any issues on my system. I used the Strom drivers that came with the 4.54 update.

I'm currently editing a SD (DVStorm profile) +3 hour timeline without a single crash plus the Quad-Core just flies with SD timelines.

...Angelo

Leave a comment:

• SaullyG
    replied
    Did we come to the conclusion that the cause of this problem is
    the DV Storm Drivers? If so, would the Storm Drivers pre-4.5
    by some chance work with this current version?

Saully G.

Leave a comment:

• DigitalDave
    replied
    Kenneally, thank you for your tool....cough! I did give it a whirl but with no success. I have now finally tried on a clean XP install and the problem persists. It is Storm driver related on the basis that I disabled Storm and the OHCI is fine. The problem is with the latest Storm Driver as Pre 4.5 version worked. Unless the drivers for Storm are being rewritten then it seems destined to 3.52...on this system.

David
    Last edited by DigitalDave; 02-09-2008, 02:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Dave, you might want to check this thread. Check the second post made by me, that should help.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    I'm not entirely sure on the CanopusCleaner app's scope, since I've not had to run it on my systems here (one is ACEDVio/OHCI, the other has a permanent clean ghost image I refresh on with every new EDIUS build).

The app is what Tech Support guys have used in nasty cases.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    is cleanup.txt a manual way of doing what CanopusCleaner1.0.zip does?

or do you need to do both?

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    About all I can suggest is using the attached files to completely pull out any and all EDIUS related files from the system, and then put on v4.00 and then apply the v4.54 update.

But what I would throw in extra to this, is that before the clean reinstall, you remove the DVStorm completely until right at the end - to ensure that everything else is eliminated from being a crash suspect, and also to stop any legacy drivers from hanging around.

Once the system is tested to be happy minus the Storm, stick it back in and only run the installer for the 'Canopus DV Driver' as included in the 4.54 update ZIP file.

See if that works.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• DigitalDave
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
    And this is only when you try to make something new with a DVStorm preset right? No crashes if the new project is Generic OHCI?

I've seen this a few times since 4.5 and it only seems to affect a small percentage of DVStorm systems.

I know you're an EP3 guy, but what was the upgrade path in this case? As in, what version of the EDIUS v4 disc was installed to upgrade first? (4.0x? 4.5x?)
    Hi Kenneally
    Yes I stayed with 3.52 until I considered E4 was usable 4.6 has finally sorted the major bugs.
    I went from 4.0.
    To clarify ANY new project will induce a crash- once that crash occurs there is no way back in ever without a reinstall. If I start E4.* after this crash the start up screen will crash on its own. The 4.0 version installs and runs fine.

I would love to use Multicam on a forthcoming Drama we are filming (the cast all have Down's Syndrome so it should be quite a challenging project as we will Iso the cameras rather than attempting a live mix)
    I dont want to do it OHCI and whilst I dont have a problem getting NXe ...and a new system it is annoying when so many others have Storm working.

David

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    And this is only when you try to make something new with a DVStorm preset right? No crashes if the new project is Generic OHCI?

I've seen this a few times since 4.5 and it only seems to affect a small percentage of DVStorm systems.

I know you're an EP3 guy, but what was the upgrade path in this case? As in, what version of the EDIUS v4 disc was installed to upgrade first? (4.0x? 4.5x?)

Leave a comment:

• DigitalDave
    replied
    Originally posted by Angelo View Post
    I'm guessing you have both Storm and OHCI on the same system.

Try disabling the OHCI under Device Manager, restart the system and see if it works.

...Angelo
    Only OHCI is from the Sound blaster Audigy 2. I disabled the OHCI to no avail.

Saully
    Did you upgrade from 3 or have a clean install?

Brandon
    Tried creating a new XP account - reproduced the same effect - could open projects but once a new "anything" was created a crash occurs and there is no way into E4 after that

David
    Last edited by DigitalDave; 02-08-2008, 08:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SaullyG
    replied
    Hi,
    I have a DV Storm2 System, no OHCI installed.

Saully G.

Leave a comment:

• Angelo
    replied
    I'm guessing you have both Storm and OHCI on the same system.

Try disabling the OHCI under Device Manager, restart the system and see if it works.

...Angelo

Leave a comment:

Working...
X