4.54 Crash at Start up with Storm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.54 Crash at Start up with Storm

I am revisiting a problem I encountered a few weeks back.
    I have 4.54 running on an OHCI no problem.
    However on my Storm system Tyan 2462 and Dual 2800 AMD's 4.0* works but as soon as you apply the update you cannot get past the opening screen.
    Whether you try to create a profile or load an existing project It just crashes.
    I had waited until the London show, expecting to see Andrew, one of the Reading team that I know. He was not there but I did speak with one of their tech support team. He confirmed there HAD been random problems and no pattern had emerged.

Anyone have any ideas on what might work. Not seen too much about it here.

Thanks

David

I wonder if it's some kind of corrupt user settings?

Try creating a new user account, then run EDIUS in that and see if it works.

Comment

When I first tried to use it from the update there was no user profile. I tried to create a new one - vapourised.
      Restarted Edius but this time went straight to open an OHCI test project.
      It opened. I then changed the project settings to Storm and got an output from Storm. Progress I thought.
      I then tried to open a new project and got a crash. Edius would not restart. When I rebooted a profile had appeared but now if I touch anything on that first screen- profile /project/preset I get a crash and Edius will not restart without a re-boot and when it does it crashes before I can do anything with it.
      Just tried terminating XD select and produced the same crash.

David

PS Thank you for an excuse to open a new bottle of SC.

Comment

Try a new Windows user account?

Comment

I am having this same exact issue myself!
          I would love to find out what the direct cause of this problem is??

Saully G.

Comment

I'm guessing you have both Storm and OHCI on the same system.

Try disabling the OHCI under Device Manager, restart the system and see if it works.

...Angelo
            Canopus/GV: DVStorm2 w/component-out board, ADVC300, Edius 4.61, ProCoder 3.05, Imaginate2
            System: MSI B75A-G43 (v2.0), i7-3770K, 4GB, HD6850, Pyro1394 pci-e, 6 Disks 2.4TB non-raid, Win7-32bit, Dell 24" & 19" LCD

Comment

Hi,
              I have a DV Storm2 System, no OHCI installed.

Saully G.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelo View Post
                I'm guessing you have both Storm and OHCI on the same system.

Try disabling the OHCI under Device Manager, restart the system and see if it works.

...Angelo
                Only OHCI is from the Sound blaster Audigy 2. I disabled the OHCI to no avail.

Saully
                Did you upgrade from 3 or have a clean install?

Brandon
                Tried creating a new XP account - reproduced the same effect - could open projects but once a new "anything" was created a crash occurs and there is no way into E4 after that

David
                Last edited by DigitalDave; 02-08-2008, 08:14 AM.

Comment

And this is only when you try to make something new with a DVStorm preset right? No crashes if the new project is Generic OHCI?

I've seen this a few times since 4.5 and it only seems to affect a small percentage of DVStorm systems.

I know you're an EP3 guy, but what was the upgrade path in this case? As in, what version of the EDIUS v4 disc was installed to upgrade first? (4.0x? 4.5x?)

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
                    And this is only when you try to make something new with a DVStorm preset right? No crashes if the new project is Generic OHCI?

I've seen this a few times since 4.5 and it only seems to affect a small percentage of DVStorm systems.

I know you're an EP3 guy, but what was the upgrade path in this case? As in, what version of the EDIUS v4 disc was installed to upgrade first? (4.0x? 4.5x?)
                    Hi Kenneally
                    Yes I stayed with 3.52 until I considered E4 was usable 4.6 has finally sorted the major bugs.
                    I went from 4.0.
                    To clarify ANY new project will induce a crash- once that crash occurs there is no way back in ever without a reinstall. If I start E4.* after this crash the start up screen will crash on its own. The 4.0 version installs and runs fine.

I would love to use Multicam on a forthcoming Drama we are filming (the cast all have Down's Syndrome so it should be quite a challenging project as we will Iso the cameras rather than attempting a live mix)
                    I dont want to do it OHCI and whilst I dont have a problem getting NXe ...and a new system it is annoying when so many others have Storm working.

David

Comment

About all I can suggest is using the attached files to completely pull out any and all EDIUS related files from the system, and then put on v4.00 and then apply the v4.54 update.

But what I would throw in extra to this, is that before the clean reinstall, you remove the DVStorm completely until right at the end - to ensure that everything else is eliminated from being a crash suspect, and also to stop any legacy drivers from hanging around.

Once the system is tested to be happy minus the Storm, stick it back in and only run the installer for the 'Canopus DV Driver' as included in the 4.54 update ZIP file.

See if that works.
                      Attached Files

Comment

is cleanup.txt a manual way of doing what CanopusCleaner1.0.zip does?

or do you need to do both?
                        Anton Strauss
                        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

I'm not entirely sure on the CanopusCleaner app's scope, since I've not had to run it on my systems here (one is ACEDVio/OHCI, the other has a permanent clean ghost image I refresh on with every new EDIUS build).

The app is what Tech Support guys have used in nasty cases.

Comment

Dave, you might want to check this thread. Check the second post made by me, that should help.

Comment

Kenneally, thank you for your tool....cough! I did give it a whirl but with no success. I have now finally tried on a clean XP install and the problem persists. It is Storm driver related on the basis that I disabled Storm and the OHCI is fine. The problem is with the latest Storm Driver as Pre 4.5 version worked. Unless the drivers for Storm are being rewritten then it seems destined to 3.52...on this system.

David
                              Last edited by DigitalDave; 02-09-2008, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X