No announcement yet.

EDIUS-compatible third-party products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "integrated into edius" is the reason IM is so nice. IM can still be used as a stand alone program. You just need to export an AVI file and drop it on the time-line. The integrated into edius, makes what ever action you did in IM act as a still on the time-line. One guy said he just figured out the timing for each photo and made the AVI to match. Now thats OK with just a few photos, but what if you need to make a 1 sec change to a 100 photos. With IM as a stand alone program, I would need to re-export each photo again. The way we have it now, I can just grab the end of the clip on the time-line and move it to the length I need. Very quick. And as GV already knows, time is money.

Bob
    AsRock Z170 Extreme6+, I7-6700K OC to 4.7, MSI GTX 980ti, 32gig of ram, H100i cooler, 1TB WD Black for system. WD Black drives For footage, Sizes changes as needed. 2 WD Gold drives are in a Raid setup, Win-10 Pro 64bit. Edius 7.53
    2 24" HD Samsung monitors and a 43" Sony UHD TV, XBR-43X800D. 2, Panasonic DVX-200 Cameras.

Comment

[QUOTE=Claire;127270]
      The usual advice for preventing twitter and flicker is to apply some blur but this doesn't help with Layout, just blurs while not needed with Imaginate.

Only thing applying blur does is blur the image. There are two things that I use and they are 95-99% successful. They are both in Photoshop.
      If the image comes from the timeline I start by deinterlacing the image and matching the NTSC color. Then I run the deinterlace action that is in Photoshop.
      This second step does the trick on most of the tricky flickering troublespots.
      As the image gets larger, so does the flickering. I start with the large original photo. If it doesn't correct it I reduce the image down and try it again.

If I am using stills, I will spend quite some time on preparing the photos before even attempting to throw them into Imaginate, or Stage tools.
      This will save time in the long run and keep the video image that is produced as
      pristine as it possibly can be.
      Jerry
      Six Gill DV
      www.sgdvtutorials.com
      If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
      http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
      Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Oversize pics

Layouter now accepts the original image frame size not just that of the timeline, as was the old 3D PIP, so there should be no need for Imaginate

Mike
        Sys4: Z10PE-D16WS MB 2xE5-2696 Xeon 72 active logical cores. EWG9. 64G RAM. Aorus GTX1080Ti. 55" Q7 1500 NIT HDR 4K TV/Storm 3G Elite/Decklink 4K 12G/8CH audio monitoring, Yamaha RXA-870 A/V. Sys1-3 EWG8 + RX-E1+HDBX1000 MIP in HP xw8600 2 x X5492 CPU 8 cores, 8Gig RAM, Quadro FX3800. All sys Fibre to central media pool - 5TB Axus Yotta RAID + QLogic Fibre Switch. Central VCR rack plus YUV & audio to viewing room with Yamaha AX1 7.1 100 watt per channel amp with 1000W sub 63" HD 3D Samsung TV

Comment

Originally posted by createmedia View Post
          so there should be no need for Imaginate
          Better think again ............
          You either don't know how Imaginate works, never done a hundred + still image project with E6 and made numerous changes over and over again, or work for GV.

Comment

Originally posted by createmedia View Post
            Layouter now accepts the original image frame size not just that of the timeline, as was the old 3D PIP, so there should be no need for Imaginate

Mike
            the Layouter has serious problems with animating stills, because keyframes don't dynamically move with lengthening or shortening of clips

example, add keyframes to move from A to B on a 6 sec still, then change the still duration to 3 sec, now go back to Layouter and find the keyframes have vanished outside the visible area and can't be updated until you first lengthen the clip again

with IVT files on Edius timeline, it can be stretched longer or shorter and the keyframes update automatically to a correct % of the new duration

an IVT can be double clicked any time and modified in the IM2 program

I can get the job done in E6 using Layouter, but on more complex stills where large resolution is required such as 30,000 x 30,000 I will fire up E5

Imagine a 30,000 x 30,000 still with 300 faces, start the animation from one head and slowly zoom out to reveal all, looks impressive and is impossible to do in E6
            Anton Strauss
            Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Working...
            X