Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laddi.b
    replied
    Thanks for all the help. My 73 minute timeline (with 350 subtitles and 40 Imaginate files) is exporting now -- will take 43 minutes to complete.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    I use HQ with no loss in quality

in most cases, HQ is better than Lossless, it can be used for SD and HD

Leave a comment:

• laddi.b
    replied
    Will the video quality suffer any loss if I use the HQ AVI exporter? Is the Lossless AVI Exporter option better?

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    one more reason to quickly compile the timeline to a new file, won't take long

Leave a comment:

• laddi.b
    replied
    Thanks. Incidentally, after checking where each crash happens (by viewing the VOB files created) I'm beginning to suspect TitleMotion titles.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    since the much anticipated v4.5 is not far away, wait for it

I am meeting with Mr Canopus Australia tomorrow and I will be having a lengthy discussion

Leave a comment:

• laddi.b
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    unfortunately, the product is no longer advertised and as a result may not works as advertised :)
    Fair enough. Would you suggest upgrading to the current version of Edius or waiting for the much anticipated v4.5?

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    unfortunately, the product is no longer advertised and as a result may not works as advertised :)

Leave a comment:

• laddi.b
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    is the file on the timeline CanopusHQ or Canopus Lossless? If so, I have seen this happen when I was using 3.62

It did not happen when using DV or when exporting timeline to a new DV or HQ file and then using PCE in standalone mode
    The file is Canopus HQ. I'll try exporting to single HQ file and then print to DVD. However, I'd like the product to work as advertised.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    is the file on the timeline CanopusHQ or Canopus Lossless? If so, I have seen this happen when I was using 3.62

It did not happen when using DV or when exporting timeline to a new DV or HQ file and then using PCE in standalone mode

Leave a comment:

• laddi.b
    replied
    Originally posted by Zorro View Post
    Did you install any video codecs recently? There are some codec packages available online which don't work with PCE.
    I haven't installed any new video codecs.

Leave a comment:

• laddi.b
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
    At which stage does the crash occur? Is it before PCE loads up, or during conversion?

Is there any error message, or does it dump straight to the desktop?
    The crash normally occurs during the first third of the conversion process.
    There are no error messages -- straight to desktop.

Leave a comment:

• Zorro
    replied
    Did you install any video codecs recently? There are some codec packages available online which don't work with PCE.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    At which stage does the crash occur? Is it before PCE loads up, or during conversion?

Is there any error message, or does it dump straight to the desktop?

Leave a comment:

• laddi.b
    started a topic Procoder Express crashes Edius 3.62

Procoder Express crashes Edius 3.62

I have SP hardware and Edius Pro v3.62 on Dual core Opteron 285s, 2 gig RAM. For months I've had largely trouble operation with Edius, but lately when I print to DVD from the timeline, using Procoder Express, Edius crashes without warning. My default project settings use the HQ codec and I follow Anton's recommended settings for Procoder. Please help.
Working...
X