• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluetongue
    replied
    Originally posted by NakedEye View Post
    Hi Barry

Which Boris products are you still experiencing issues with....I have not seen any problems with the latest revisions of RED, BFX or Graffiti.

Dave.
    I use RED and since the upgrade to version 4.3.3 Boris has worked well with Edius including 5.12
    That post of mine was quite some time ago, and was purely due to incorrect field order reading by Boris

Regards Barry

Leave a comment:

• NakedEye
    replied
    Doh....the old date thing....I wondered why the years go so fast!!!

Leave a comment:

• rando
    replied
    Originally posted by omagham View Post
    For edius templates check www.magham.com
    What are the nature of those templates? I like them are they avaliable in english? Are they moving? or just still?

Leave a comment:

• CentralEurope
    replied
    02-04-2008, 01:27 AM
    look at the date from "Barry's" posting
    at these days Edius 5 are not listed as Host on BorisFX pages

at today http://www.borisfx.com/canopus/

and
    Source: http://www.borisfx.com/host/matrix.php#null

BORIS Host Compatibility Matrix
    We have tested the following host applications to confirm that they work with the latest versions of Boris FX plug-ins. If the version of your host application does not appear, or if you are using an older version of a Boris FX plug-in, please contact us for more information, or download a 14-day trial version.

EDIUS 3.x
    RED - version 4.x
    FX - version 9.x
    Graffiti - version 5.x

EDIUS 4.x
    RED - version 4.x
    FX - version 9.x
    Graffiti - version 5.x

EDIUS 5
    RED - version 4.x
    FX - version 9.x
    Graffiti - version 5.x
    For 100% sureness, you need to ask "Antonsvideo" ...... (from this forum)

you wish a link ==> call Centraleurope

Leave a comment:

• NakedEye
    replied
    Hi Barry

Which Boris products are you still experiencing issues with....I have not seen any problems with the latest revisions of RED, BFX or Graffiti.

Dave.

Leave a comment:

• omagham
    replied

Originally posted by drdimento View Post
    We are evaluating Edius and are excited thus far about what it can do but come from an Avid world with Hollywood FX Effects and Motion Titling with Title Deko Pro.

Can someone (or many) note the plug ins, extended effects, filters, transition effects, templates, motion titling, etc. that there are available for Edius OR if they are puchasable or available through other markets/suppliers?

Leave a comment:

• prakashkrp
    replied
    TRY www.avcsindia.com

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    http://www.canopus.com/products/EDIUSPro/options.php

Leave a comment:

• Bluetongue
    replied
    By standalone you mean export the video then open it in Boris Red instead of as a plug in "inside Edius" ?

Also, have you seen/heard of any problems with any other HD format? Like the .mxf P2 material as example?
    1: Your understanding of Standalone is correct, Boris will export in Canopus HQ and with transparent alpha if reqired
    2: Not sure
    Barry

Leave a comment:

• drdimento
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluetongue View Post
    Yes that is correct, it is only with HDV. When used as a filter there is a disconnect and it assumes lower field first instead of Upper field first. If you are using progressive I cannot say what the outcome will be as it seems to be defaulting to LFF from Edius. When used as standalone there is no problem, recognises the correct field
    Regards Barry
    By standalone you mean export the video then open it in Boris Red instead of as a plug in "inside Edius" ?

Also, have you seen/heard of any problems with any other HD format? Like the .mxf P2 material as example?

Leave a comment:

• Bluetongue
    replied
    Yes that is correct, it is only with HDV. When used as a filter there is a disconnect and it assumes lower field first instead of Upper field first.
    If you are using progressive I cannot say what the outcome will be as it seems to be defaulting to LFF from Edius.
    When used as standalone there is no problem, recognises the correct field
    Regards Barry

Leave a comment:

• drdimento
    replied
    Boris Red Problem HDV?

Originally posted by Bluetongue View Post
    . . . . and of course Boris series of plug ins BUT at the moment they have a disconnect with Edius with HD video due to not recognizing the upper field first of HD and defaults to lower field making any active filter transition jittery. Works OK for SD (lower Field first) for me, using the canopus HQ in SD when I tried it. Boris have acknowledged this problem but how long to rectify is anyones guess Regards Barry
    Reading your signature says that the Boris Red issue is only with HDV? If so, won't affect us we avoid that 25Mb MPEG2 derivitive like the plague. All our 100Mb HD solid state.

Please advise.

Leave a comment:

• Bluetongue
    replied
    We are evaluating Edius and are excited thus far about what it can do but come from an Avid world with Hollywood FX Effects and Motion Titling with Title Deko Pro.

Can someone (or many) note the plug ins, extended effects, filters, transition effects, templates, motion titling, etc. that there are available for Edius OR if they are puchasable or available through other markets/suppliers?
    Some of the best are from PRODAD
    Mercalli for taking the shake out of hand held video
    Vitascene for adding a number of lighting /sparkle etc effects and transitions
    Hyroglyph for titling and animated titling and of course
    Boris series of plug ins BUT at the moment they have a disconnect with Edius with HD video due to not recognizing the upper field first of HD and defaults to lower field making any active filter transition jittery. Works OK for SD (lower Field first) for me, using the canopus HQ in SD when I tried it.
    Boris have acknowledged this problem but how long to rectify is anyones guess
    Regards Barry

Leave a comment:

• Plug Ins & Extended Effects, Templates, Motion Titles

Working...
X