Bluray HD film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluray HD film

I just finished work on a 22 minute film shot in HD 720p, panasonic HVX200 and output to Bluray disc. We took my Bluray player to the theatre and hooked it up to the HD projection system. It was their first HD showing. After tweaking the colors the piece was unbelievable in color and sharpness. Still photographs I was having trouble keeping sharp, were now sharp. The improvement over a SD DVD is considerable!

Finally, after a year of adding equipment, searching forums,etc. the work is at last able to be viewed. The first public viewing is tomorrow in Nashville,Tn.
    Thanks to all for help with editing tips and especially Bluray settings.

rob

wonderfull

Comment

Congratulations Rob! Your patience and perseverance obviously paid off!
      Cheers,
      Alan
      Alan J. Levi
      Director

SYSTEM: ASUS P8Z77-VPro mobo, Intel 3770K CPU, 16 Gig Crucial 1866 RAM, Antec 1000W PS, EVGA nVidia 560Ti 1Gig Video, CoolerMaster CPU cooler, LG GGW-H20L BluRay DVD, SPARK card w/23" Samsung 1920x1080 Monitor, OCZ 240GB SSD boot in Swapable Tray & 3 WD Enterprise 1TB video RAID 5 HDD's. 4.5TB RAID 1 Outboard backups, Behringer2000 Audio Fader/Controller

Comment

SO it can be done !! :-)
        Asus P5K64WS, Intel Core 2 Quad QX6850 Extreme CPU, Saphire HD 3850 512mb graphics, WDraptor160 OS, Highpoint Rocket raid 2310 4 x 500gig Seagate sata 2 se drives in raid 0, NXe and Edius 5.51 Imaginate 2.
        Procoder 3.06 and various Prodad add-ons

Comment

The film was about Desegregation in Nashville from 1957. The room seated 240 and there was standing room only. Many commented on the quality of cinematography. It was privilige to honor the children and parents who suffered these injustices with a great product.
          Yes it can be done. And YES the audience did notice the quality difference.

rob

ps even though I watched this film probably 100 times through editing and such it was a moving experience to watch with the audience.

Comment

Did you use Mpeg 2 for the Blu-ray?

Comment

Yes I used the Mpeg2HD 1280x720p23.976

Comment

Congratulations!

Blu-Ray is finally closed the circle.
                George Dame
                Grass Valley / Canopus System Integrator - Nearly 13 Years
                Providing Systems, Onsite Delivery, Support & Training Services Nationwide
                Get Your Copy of The Edius 6 Comprehensive Tutorial by contacting me via PM, email or phone
                Invite us to your local video association for a full demonstration!
                www.editHD.com - 1-877-ieditDV

Comment

Working...
                X