Transitions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transitions

Newbie here and trying Edius 4 out and maybe I'm missing something but when I click the transitions I only see one type of transition. Are there any options for more? For background I'm an Avid editor and just looking for more Hollywood FX Effects and/or more transitions. They might be in the software but I'm just a little shy to look around some to avoid messing up my screen to much until I get more proficient.

As a sidebar is there a keyboard map of shortcuts somewhere?
    "What me worry?" Alfred E. Neuman .. after all, two wrongs don't make a right - BUT - three lefts do :-)

MacBook Pro (late 2011 8,2) 10.1, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 Gb 1600 DDR 3, 512 GB SSD, Mountain Lion with Parallels, External SATA HDD's on Thunderbolt, Final Cut Pro 7.

Canon 5DM2, 7D, HF G20 x 2, HF M40, with Beachtek Audio, Pro mixing, mics, both LED and Arri fresnel lighting, portable camera dolly, and camera jib.

Transitions are all in a folder ... you have to click on it to open it - it then drops down a long list of transitions. You can only apply one transition to the border of two clips.

Keyboard shortcuts are all listed in the hard plastic card that comes with EDIUS.
    TingSern
    --------------------------------------
    Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

Maybe the trial version doesn't unlock some of the transitions but when I clicked the folder on the right that had a "Transition" links and I dragged it over there was only two shown. Again, maybe the trial version only has the two options wherein upon purchase the rest will become visible.

On the Keyboard shortcuts it's the same issue, don't have the card yet.

On an extremely positive note, I sure do like Edius and it's really rockin' compared to our Avid suite especially on the render/export where our 30 min TV shows take about an hour to render and export to DVD while Edius rocks and seems to render and export them in about the same time as the length of the show.
      "What me worry?" Alfred E. Neuman .. after all, two wrongs don't make a right - BUT - three lefts do :-)

MacBook Pro (late 2011 8,2) 10.1, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 Gb 1600 DDR 3, 512 GB SSD, Mountain Lion with Parallels, External SATA HDD's on Thunderbolt, Final Cut Pro 7.

Canon 5DM2, 7D, HF G20 x 2, HF M40, with Beachtek Audio, Pro mixing, mics, both LED and Arri fresnel lighting, portable camera dolly, and camera jib.

Comment

I have never seen a trial version before ... so I must excuse myself then.
        TingSern
        --------------------------------------
        Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

That seems a little strange. I don't know for sure what is in the trial version, but I do not remember anyone complaining about that in the past. Under the Transition folder you should have 2D, 3D, Alpha, and SMPTE sub folders (there is also an Xplode for Edius but I do not know if it is in the trial versions). You should be able to expand each of those folders for the specific transition.

AFA the keyboard shortctus, go to Settings>Application Settings>Customize>Keyboard Shortcuts and that will give the list of the default shortcuts. As you can see there you can customize them to whatever you like.

Comment

To add to Pat's comment - when you re-bind a keyboard shortcut (double-click), you'll get a picture of a keyboard popup, showing you current bindings.

There's also this thread here that might be of use: http://ediusforum.grassvalley.com/fo...ead.php?t=2098

Comment

Thanks all for the help. Sure appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
              X