Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• import Divx/Xvid format in Edius

hi
    How can i import Divx/Xvid format in Edius ?
    Does it have plugins for this work?
    Second Question:some of my AVI clips that is true but when i import them to Edius they dont have Video
    only are Audio ????but in system player they have both of them?!?!?!?
    Why?
    Tanx

It means that the video codec is not recognisable or decodable in EDIUS, but the audio data is (EDIUS is fairly forgiving in that most AVI files either use PCM Wave, MP3 or AC-3).

Regarding DivX/XviD, EDIUS v4.5 onward will support these codecs. Just make sure you have the latest codecs installed. Remember too, that some of these files will give you some A/V sync problems, if VBR MP3 audio is used.

Comment

thanx
      i have Edius 4.02
      i will buy the new vesion

Comment

If you have 4.02, you can upgrade to 4.54 (latest version) for free!

Check the GV News forum for more information.

Comment

Importing Divx files: how ?

Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
          It means that the video codec is not recognisable or decodable in EDIUS, but the audio data is (EDIUS is fairly forgiving in that most AVI files either use PCM Wave, MP3 or AC-3).

Regarding DivX/XviD, EDIUS v4.5 onward will support these codecs. Just make sure you have the latest codecs installed. Remember too, that some of these files will give you some A/V sync problems, if VBR MP3 audio is used.
          Can you explain how can i import ? I can't find the correct path to do this !
          I tried to select an AVI file, compressed with "divx 7 converter" but it failed (the file couldn't be selected) !!

There will be a new feature in Edius 5 (I'm using v. 4.6)?

Thanks from Italy and sorry for my English ! :)

Comment

Is the clip a .AVI file or a .MKV file?

If it's .MKV (Matroska), it will not be supported at all (neither v4.x nor v5.01)

Comment

Thanks for your answer.
              The file is NOT an .mkv. It's an AVI file (captured from a videocamera), compressed with "Divx converter" (www.divx.com). May i have an example (or a link where i can download) of a divx file so i can try to import into my timeline, please ? This is very important form me, because i have captured 250 GB uncompressed AVI file. I would like to compress with the converter above, saving 80% of disk space, but if i can't edit the output file (.divx) in the timeline, i can't proceed and i don't want to waste all my work !!!

I'm waiting for your reply.

Comment

Do you know what profile in "DivX Converter" was used to make the AVI file you're trying to import?

I'm suspecting that the file is based on the H.264 video spec - you might get it to open in v5 of EDIUS (as it has increased H.264 support).

I might suggest you try the 30-day free v5 trial, on a clean system and see if it will open up for you.

Comment

I suppose it's a H.264 video codec too.....
                  I tried to install the 30-day free v5 trial, like you suggest me, but nothing changed. It always failed !!
                  I'm wondering if you've never tried to import a .divx file in the timeline, confirming if the feature is REALLY OK in the latest version of EDIUS.

Are you really sure the divx codec is supported ?? Could you officially confirm it ? Is it reported on the user guide ? Where ?

Thanks a lot.

Comment

Without a sample file, it's difficult for me to confirm whether it will work or not. Do you have a link to a file I can download and check?

The .divx file extension is not supported, but the data inside the file may still be compatible. It may even be as simple as renaming the file to .AVI.

Comment

Problem solved !

Yes, now it's fine !
                      I renamed my file compressed with divx 7 to .avi and now it's OK !!!
                      Edius 5 now can import the file saving 90% disk space !!

Thank you very much for your help !

Comment

Working...
                      X