Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

digital Juice swipes and double alpha

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • digital Juice swipes and double alpha

    I just got my new "Double Alpha" swipes. For the life of me I cant figure how to us them.

    In the first 10 volumes (single alpha) I out put them to QT files and it choked Edius a bit. However they worked as long as I pre loaded the buffer.

    The next set of volumes have "double alpha" and when I render them out I get the swipe QT file and a Matte. How is the Matte supposed to be used?

    Thanks

    Ronnie
    Ronnie Martin
    Kato Video Productions
    main system: custom built by Edit HD Ultma 277,Intel (R) core (TM) i7 2600K cpu 3.40 GHz 3.40Ghz, 16GB ram, Windows 7, Intel HD (R) graphics 3000, NVIDA Gforce GT 440, C drive Samsung SSD 850 pro, video drive WD 3TB SATA, 2 LG Bluray drives, External WD SATA 2TB storage/backup drives in thermaltake Black device. edius 8.3 WG

  • #2
    For some reason I also cannot get the audio to render.

    Thanks

    Ronnie
    Ronnie Martin
    Kato Video Productions
    main system: custom built by Edit HD Ultma 277,Intel (R) core (TM) i7 2600K cpu 3.40 GHz 3.40Ghz, 16GB ram, Windows 7, Intel HD (R) graphics 3000, NVIDA Gforce GT 440, C drive Samsung SSD 850 pro, video drive WD 3TB SATA, 2 LG Bluray drives, External WD SATA 2TB storage/backup drives in thermaltake Black device. edius 8.3 WG

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by RonnieMartin View Post
      I just got my new "Double Alpha" swipes. For the life of me I cant figure how to us them.

      In the first 10 volumes (single alpha) I out put them to QT files and it choked Edius a bit. However they worked as long as I pre loaded the buffer.

      The next set of volumes have "double alpha" and when I render them out I get the swipe QT file and a Matte. How is the Matte supposed to be used?

      Thanks

      Ronnie
      I have the first set and both Pat Sipes and I have tried to get samples from Digital Juice for the double alpha swipes. Neither one of us was able to get a response. I mentioned this to Mike Downey and he is going to check this out with Digital Juice. As far as the Matte, I do not know. Not having a sample, it is hard to determine how this would work.
      Do you have Premiere Pro or FCP to try it in? If you do, give it a try.
      Considering how much DJ product I have, I was guite disappointed when I was snubbed by them.
      If you have a way to pop a sample to me, just PM me and I will work on it and send Pat Sipes(pjsssss) a copy as well.

      On the first point you made about using QT. Why, didn't you just use Canopus HQ for your output format? It will retain alpha from within Juicer 3.
      Last edited by Jerry; 01-26-2008, 10:08 PM.
      Jerry
      Six Gill DV
      www.sgdvtutorials.com
      If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

      Vistitle YouTube Channel
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

      Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
      http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf


      Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
      Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

      Comment


      • #4
        I was a little disappointed also with the fact that they do not include any tutorials for Edius. They have them for Final cut, vegas Premier and some others but nothing for Edius. As far as I can see now the "double alpha" does not work with Edius. If I could just get the audio to render I can still use them with single alpha. I have upgraded my "JUICER 3" to the latest build. I think I am using the same settings. I have tried almost every setting on the program and still do not get audio.

        Sorry to rant so

        Ronnie
        Ronnie Martin
        Kato Video Productions
        main system: custom built by Edit HD Ultma 277,Intel (R) core (TM) i7 2600K cpu 3.40 GHz 3.40Ghz, 16GB ram, Windows 7, Intel HD (R) graphics 3000, NVIDA Gforce GT 440, C drive Samsung SSD 850 pro, video drive WD 3TB SATA, 2 LG Bluray drives, External WD SATA 2TB storage/backup drives in thermaltake Black device. edius 8.3 WG

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by RonnieMartin View Post
          I was a little disappointed also with the fact that they do not include any tutorials for Edius. They have them for Final cut, vegas Premier and some others but nothing for Edius. As far as I can see now the "double alpha" does not work with Edius. If I could just get the audio to render I can still use them with single alpha. I have upgraded my "JUICER 3" to the latest build. I think I am using the same settings. I have tried almost every setting on the program and still do not get audio.

          Sorry to rant so

          Ronnie
          I watched the tutorial for Premiere and it seems pretty easy. If you have premiere, use it for now. Until more people have a sample, it will not be known if a work around is possible. The problem would be the track matte.
          Jerry
          Six Gill DV
          www.sgdvtutorials.com
          If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

          Vistitle YouTube Channel
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

          Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
          http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf


          Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
          Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

          Comment


          • #6
            Here is something that is also a little strange. When I play the rendered file from with in QT player, there is audio but when importing it into Edius there is none. However, all my previous swipes from the first 10 volumes rendered with audio.

            Ronnie
            Ronnie Martin
            Kato Video Productions
            main system: custom built by Edit HD Ultma 277,Intel (R) core (TM) i7 2600K cpu 3.40 GHz 3.40Ghz, 16GB ram, Windows 7, Intel HD (R) graphics 3000, NVIDA Gforce GT 440, C drive Samsung SSD 850 pro, video drive WD 3TB SATA, 2 LG Bluray drives, External WD SATA 2TB storage/backup drives in thermaltake Black device. edius 8.3 WG

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by RonnieMartin View Post
              Here is something that is also a little strange. When I play the rendered file from with in QT player, there is audio but when importing it into Edius there is none. However, all my previous swipes from the first 10 volumes rendered with audio.

              Ronnie
              What version of Edius are you using? Also, try to export using the Canopus HQ file to see if anything happens.
              Jerry
              Six Gill DV
              www.sgdvtutorials.com
              If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

              Vistitle YouTube Channel
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

              Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
              http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf


              Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
              Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

              Comment


              • #8
                Now I am getting paranoid and I thought I would go back to some of the old swipes and see if they would render the audio embedded in the video. I was able to do it before with the older version.

                No luck. I am beginning to believe there is something wrong with the latest version of the Juicer.

                Guys it really should not be this hard.

                Ronnie
                Ronnie Martin
                Kato Video Productions
                main system: custom built by Edit HD Ultma 277,Intel (R) core (TM) i7 2600K cpu 3.40 GHz 3.40Ghz, 16GB ram, Windows 7, Intel HD (R) graphics 3000, NVIDA Gforce GT 440, C drive Samsung SSD 850 pro, video drive WD 3TB SATA, 2 LG Bluray drives, External WD SATA 2TB storage/backup drives in thermaltake Black device. edius 8.3 WG

                Comment


                • #9
                  Well I just came off the DJ forum on their website and it appears that I am not the only one with problems with the Juicer.

                  http://www.digitaljuice.com/communit...tm.asp?m=70663

                  I don't feel quite as stupid now. Almost but not quite.

                  The version of Edius that I am using is 4.54

                  What I have found out is that rendering as QT file or Canopus HQ works as far as the video goes. However, in order to get the audio I have to render the audio as a separate file.

                  I give up on the double alpha.

                  Ronnie
                  Ronnie Martin
                  Kato Video Productions
                  main system: custom built by Edit HD Ultma 277,Intel (R) core (TM) i7 2600K cpu 3.40 GHz 3.40Ghz, 16GB ram, Windows 7, Intel HD (R) graphics 3000, NVIDA Gforce GT 440, C drive Samsung SSD 850 pro, video drive WD 3TB SATA, 2 LG Bluray drives, External WD SATA 2TB storage/backup drives in thermaltake Black device. edius 8.3 WG

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by RonnieMartin View Post
                    Well I just came off the DJ forum on their website and it appears that I am not the only one with problems with the Juicer.

                    http://www.digitaljuice.com/communit...tm.asp?m=70663

                    I don't feel quite as stupid now. Almost but not quite.

                    The version of Edius that I am using is 4.54

                    What I have found out is that rendering as QT file or Canopus HQ works as far as the video goes. However, in order to get the audio I have to render the audio as a separate file.

                    I give up on the double alpha.

                    Ronnie

                    I believe it is that way do to the Sound FX volumes. This will give you alternate audio on each file, including the original Swipes package.
                    When you do this, you have to insert a seperate disc. At least, that's been
                    my workflow. If you are using Canopus HQ you will get RT out of the Swipes as opposed to using QT files. Depending on your configuration, of course.
                    Jerry
                    Six Gill DV
                    www.sgdvtutorials.com
                    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

                    Vistitle YouTube Channel
                    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

                    Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf


                    Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I am out of town at the moment, but will be back on Monday. I have some thoughts on making the new Swipes work. But as Jerry mentioned, I do not have one to try. So if there is any way to get one I will play with it. Jerry, I did finally get a reply but it said they had contacted GV and were trying toget a copy to test with. I will PM you the content when I get back.

                      Ronnie I have had problems with the audio for a while now. I reported it quite a while back. I also think either Juicer 3 screwed it up or one of the juicer updates. I also now render it out to a seperate file. As Jerry said, render it out to an avi not a mov, ot convert it in the bend.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        What I do with my Juice products is render them out to an external storage USB hard drive for easy use. This takes some time in the beginning but saves time when you are in the heat of an edit. My editing is seasonal and I have been trying to get everything up and going before I get busy again. I upgraded all my work stations to the latest version of Edius, bought a new camera and took the bait on the double alpha swipes and wanted to render them to the DJ external drive.

                        I went back to another computer that had the previous version of the Juicer that I used to render the first 10 volumes of Swipes. I tried to render the new double alpha swipes and it would not work. I looked at my settings as far as audio goes and they were the same that I have been trying all day.
                        Still no luck. There is a box to click for the audio to be embedded with the video and one for a separate wave file.

                        In order to get the sound fx to work it appears that I will have to render the audio separate from the video. That just takes another audio track and I already have to many tracks to get on the screen as it is.

                        Frustrating.

                        Thanks for all your help

                        Ronnie
                        Ronnie Martin
                        Kato Video Productions
                        main system: custom built by Edit HD Ultma 277,Intel (R) core (TM) i7 2600K cpu 3.40 GHz 3.40Ghz, 16GB ram, Windows 7, Intel HD (R) graphics 3000, NVIDA Gforce GT 440, C drive Samsung SSD 850 pro, video drive WD 3TB SATA, 2 LG Bluray drives, External WD SATA 2TB storage/backup drives in thermaltake Black device. edius 8.3 WG

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by RonnieMartin View Post
                          What I do with my Juice products is render them out to an external storage USB hard drive for easy use. This takes some time in the beginning but saves time when you are in the heat of an edit. My editing is seasonal and I have been trying to get everything up and going before I get busy again. I upgraded all my work stations to the latest version of Edius, bought a new camera and took the bait on the double alpha swipes and wanted to render them to the DJ external drive.

                          I went back to another computer that had the previous version of the Juicer that I used to render the first 10 volumes of Swipes. I tried to render the new double alpha swipes and it would not work. I looked at my settings as far as audio goes and they were the same that I have been trying all day.
                          Still no luck. There is a box to click for the audio to be embedded with the video and one for a separate wave file.

                          In order to get the sound fx to work it appears that I will have to render the audio separate from the video. That just takes another audio track and I already have to many tracks to get on the screen as it is.

                          Frustrating.

                          Thanks for all your help

                          Ronnie

                          Ronnie,
                          If you are rendering these out, and you have a copy of Premier Pro, I would just go ahead and use them that way. Unless we can come up with a work around, the double alpha will have to wait.
                          As far as audio: After I picked up all 3 of the Sound FX sets, I began picking and choosing my audio. So, in my case, I was creating a seperate file anyway.
                          Keep checking back. There are a couple of people interested in this that are connected to GV. So, hang in there.
                          Jerry
                          Six Gill DV
                          www.sgdvtutorials.com
                          If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

                          Vistitle YouTube Channel
                          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

                          Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                          http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf


                          Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                          Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            At this point I have concluded that the "JUICER 3" software is broken.

                            I thought that I had it figured out. What I planned to do was to render all the swipes on a disk to a folder along with the Matte and the SFX file separate. When I tried it with just one swipe it worked. In Edius, in order to save an audio track use when I was running out of room on the screen, I placed the sound effect just under the swipe clip on the video track and it worked. This takes an extra move but it worked. However, when I tried to render all the swipes on one disk to an external drive the SFX and the Matte did not render.
                            So now in order to get the SFX I have to go back and render them separately.
                            Also if I ever figure out how to use the "double alpha" I will have to do it again. At this point I give up and unless I can get some help from DJ tomorrow I will send it all back.

                            Ronnie
                            Ronnie Martin
                            Kato Video Productions
                            main system: custom built by Edit HD Ultma 277,Intel (R) core (TM) i7 2600K cpu 3.40 GHz 3.40Ghz, 16GB ram, Windows 7, Intel HD (R) graphics 3000, NVIDA Gforce GT 440, C drive Samsung SSD 850 pro, video drive WD 3TB SATA, 2 LG Bluray drives, External WD SATA 2TB storage/backup drives in thermaltake Black device. edius 8.3 WG

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I really think it is probably more on the Edius side. Try the same file in Quicktime after you have rendered it out with Juicer 3. If it plays then the problem is how Eius is reading it.

                              Is there any way you can send me one of the double swipes and let me try it?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X