X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ulisse
    replied
    Originally posted by STORMDAVE View Post
    Yeah get the latest one, there was a recent one that was released.
    It only does playback, no encoding.

Oh yeah, SR beat me by 3 minutes! hehehehe
    Thanks a lot!!!!

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Originally posted by Ulisse View Post
    In the PC without Edius I have Divx Pro codecs oly. Have I to download PlaybackCodecsPack_v303.zip?
    It it the right file?
    thanks
    Yeah get the latest one, there was a recent one that was released.
    It only does playback, no encoding.

Oh yeah, SR beat me by 3 minutes! hehehehe

Leave a comment:

• Ulisse
    replied
    Originally posted by STORMDAVE View Post
    What codec did you use? If it was Canopus HQ, Canopus Lossless, Canopus DV, you will need the "Playback codec" which is available for free for systems without Edius.
    I did use Canopus HQ codec.

Leave a comment:

• Ulisse
    replied
    In the PC without Edius I have Divx Pro codecs oly. Have I to download PlaybackCodecsPack_v303.zip?
    It it the right file?
    thanks

Leave a comment:

• THoff
    replied
    Display the file properties in Windows Media Player, it will tell you which video codec is being used. The codec is probably not installed on the second PC, resulting in the black screen.

If the codec in question is the Canopus HQ codec, you can download a decode-only version of the codec from the Canopus support site. Do not install it on a system that has Edius or Procoder on it, since it will disable the ability to encode to Canopus HQ, but it is a good way to share files with other people who are using different tools for postprocessing etc.

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    What codec did you use? If it was Canopus HQ, Canopus Lossless, Canopus DV, you will need the "Playback codec" which is available for free for systems without Edius.

Leave a comment:

• SRsupport
    replied
    Install the free playback codec pack (from the download section when you log in to support) on the pc that does not have EDIUS.

Leave a comment:

• Ulisse
    started a topic A problem with codecs?

A problem with codecs?

Hi, I have just made an avi file with Edius and if I use Window Media Player I can view it without problems. But if I bring the same file into a different PC without Edius, Window Media Player cannot play it. Precisely I listen audio only. Window Media Player opens every file but it is impossible to open an avi file made with Edius. What can I do if I like to open that file with Window Media Player?
    Thanks
Working...
X