Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• creating DVDs with "no" quality loss

Hello,

I shot an ambitious and professional short film with Panasonic HVX200 Mini35, 720*560, 50p, 16:9, PAL (I'm based in Europe), so it's basically DCVPRO 50, and it seems to work in a top field first mode.

The film seems to become great and I want to bring it to festivals such as Cannes, Venice, Berlin, Toronto..

Thus: the DVD which I will create must be perfect, with as little quality loss as possible.

For DVD Authoring, I also have Sony DVD Architect 4.0, which seems to be quite good.

I'm asking for all kinds of recommendations/questions to these answers:

1. With what encoding method (Canopus Procoder Express, Canopus loseless-AVI, Canopus HQ-AVI, Uncompromised RGB-AVI, ...) would you create the first file out of the timeline? How should my settings look like? For example, if I use Canopus HQ, it asks for codec settings: "Q" between 4 and 19, maximum size between 4 and 100.

2. (that's a basic question): Do I first have to render the timeline or is this automatically done when encoding (as mentioned in quesiton one)?

3. As EDIUS 4.52 cannot directly export to DVD, one first has to create some AVI, and in a second step use a programm such as DVD creator.

Would you recommend to first create an AVI file, and then use DVD creator OR DVD architect for creating the DVD itself?

4. When creating the DVD, what do I have to think aboutin terms of settings?

Thanks a lot!! Michael

step 1 is to update to 4.54 because 4.52 has several issues with sharpness and flicker in the D1 standard def world

then we talk again
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

this would explain a lot...

could you be a little more precise what "several isses" you mean?

or do you have any text which explains this?

Comment

Working...
      X