X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SlaV0
    replied
    Originally posted by createmedia View Post
    You will need to adjust the controls carefully to get the best out of the key by selecting detail option and you can switch to the key display to see how good your key is in the chroma key window.

You can also use the circle selector rather than the colour dropper.

Sometimes increasing the saturation before you key works well, and if the skin tones are OK on the talent, then turn the key off, use 3 way colour corrector, select hue, move to the green area and increase the green, that may help, turn the key back on.

I find the cancel colour selection is a bit vicious and tends to turn grey purple you need to wind the power back a bit.

There was very little in it between Robus Key and the built in keyer when I tested both, the built in one I found was better on fuzzy hair.

The main considerations for a good key are
    1. Getting even lighting on the green backdrop behind the presenter this should be lit separately as it kills shadows. LED frosted fluorescent replacement style tubes (same colour spectrum as the face light) work well, with the fitting zip tied vertically oriented to a lighting pole.
    2. The face light should be soft with a diffuser as you don't want shadows on the green backdrop.
    3. The talent should stand at least 2 feet in front of the green background in front of the green backdrop lights, which also helps reduce the effect of green light radiating from the backdrop.
    4. Talent not to move around too much but be expressive with hands and test the hands extremities of movement first.
    5. Manual camera white balance before you start.
    6. Manual focus.
    7. The camera iris should be set to manual and the green backdrop should produce a 50% grey level, then the talent should be correctly exposed. (The old blue was a much lower luminance level and subject to more electronic noise and less people wear green than blue).
    8. Do not have mixed lighting, 3200K lights with daylight often gives a bad key.
    9. If using a phone use Movie Pro app as it supports PAL and NTSC frame rates up to 50/60p on UHD and gives manual control of the camera settings
    10. Always use a lapel or radio mic and hide the wire behind clothing - good sound is also vital.
    So there you are.

Mike
    Very very detailed answer Sir, thank you as well. For now I have Robus Key and this plugin always does a great work. Not different this time. As for other advice - I need to be prepared better before next green screen recording session. For now I do not have proper conditions according to your advices and it pays off with not so good keying. Great that good plugins exists and help non professionals to have better results though :)

Leave a comment:

• createmedia
    replied
    You will need to adjust the controls carefully to get the best out of the key by selecting detail option and you can switch to the key display to see how good your key is in the chroma key window.

You can also use the circle selector rather than the colour dropper.

Sometimes increasing the saturation before you key works well, and if the skin tones are OK on the talent, then turn the key off, use 3 way colour corrector, select hue, move to the green area and increase the green, that may help, turn the key back on.

I find the cancel colour selection is a bit vicious and tends to turn grey purple you need to wind the power back a bit.

There was very little in it between Robus Key and the built in keyer when I tested both, the built in one I found was better on fuzzy hair.

The main considerations for a good key are
    1. Getting even lighting on the green backdrop behind the presenter this should be lit separately as it kills shadows. LED frosted fluorescent replacement style tubes (same colour spectrum as the face light) work well, with the fitting zip tied vertically oriented to a lighting pole.
    2. The face light should be soft with a diffuser as you don't want shadows on the green backdrop.
    3. The talent should stand at least 2 feet in front of the green background in front of the green backdrop lights, which also helps reduce the effect of green light radiating from the backdrop.
    4. Talent not to move around too much but be expressive with hands and test the hands extremities of movement first.
    5. Manual camera white balance before you start.
    6. Manual focus.
    7. The camera iris should be set to manual and the green backdrop should produce a 50% grey level, then the talent should be correctly exposed. (The old blue was a much lower luminance level and subject to more electronic noise and less people wear green than blue).
    8. Do not have mixed lighting, 3200K lights with daylight often gives a bad key.
    9. If using a phone use Movie Pro app as it supports PAL and NTSC frame rates up to 50/60p on UHD and gives manual control of the camera settings
    10. Always use a lapel or radio mic and hide the wire behind clothing - good sound is also vital.
    So there you are.

Mike
    Last edited by createmedia; 04-12-2022, 08:59 PM. Reason: Typo

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by SlaV0 View Post
    Sir, thank you very much. At last I have managed to do it properly. Although I can see that without perfect light conditions keying effect isn't good by default chromakey. Maybe there is a good thing to buy Robuskey. I used demo long time ago and it did the job so good.
    If the chromakey will be used strictly for a 'talking head' shot, New Blue Chroma Key Pro might work for you and is in the $100 range. As long
    as you are not looking for a product that handles motion or fine hair details well, this might be worth downloading the trial to test.

Leave a comment:

• SlaV0
    replied
    Sir, thank you very much. At last I have managed to do it properly. Although I can see that without perfect light conditions keying effect isn't good by default chromakey. Maybe there is a good thing to buy Robuskey. I used demo long time ago and it did the job so good.

Leave a comment:

• createmedia
    replied
    I do this very simply in Edius9/X and I think this was available to do in Edius 7x.

Turn chroma key off (untick).

Put cursor over the talent clip.

Open the clip layouter.

Move your talent to the desired screen position.

Crop any part of the image that falls off the green screen.

In the opacity and colour section set the background colour to 100%.

Now click on the background colour thumbnail (black) and the colour chooser opens.

Use the colour chooser pipette on the green in the REC window and that will fill the cropped black background with the same colour as the green backdrop.

Layouter has now provided the chroma key with a full screen of green to work with.

Close layouter and turn on the chroma key.

There should then only be the talent showing on black until you add a new background below the talent clip.

Provided the talent always stays within the original green screen area when they move their arms that will be fine and yours looks OK, their left arm is nearest the edge.

Regards

Mike

Leave a comment:

• SlaV0
    replied
    And how to animate this rectangle option when I would like to relocate my talent for example from left to right? Because I had to crop the ares where there was no green screen and when I use Layouter to move picture it shows me those cropped areas again. Without possibility of animation of rectangle there is no point and it doesn't work as it should I guess.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by ClimberArun View Post

Thank you for responding. I was able to achieve it with the steps given by another user. But I would like to understand know your method as well. What is 'enable rectangle'? Is it only in Edius 9? At least I cannot find it in my version (7.53).
    enable rectangle is in chroma keyer of all versions of EDIUS, here is a screenshot of it in EDIUS 5
    https://www.videoproductions.com.au/...gle-enable.png

Leave a comment:

• ClimberArun
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    you can also enable the rectangle in the chroma keyer, this will then eliminate the black and show the correct bg behind the talking head
    Thank you for responding. I was able to achieve it with the steps given by another user. But I would like to understand know your method as well. What is 'enable rectangle'? Is it only in Edius 9? At least I cannot find it in my version (7.53).

Leave a comment:

• ClimberArun
    replied
    Originally posted by 3pointedit View Post
    If you scale the foreground clip with Layouter or the Transform effect, the background will be black so the Chromakey will not work there.
    So :
    step 1. turn off the chromakey effect on the Key channel if its applied.
    step 2. open Layouter or Transform effect and find Background color, increase opacity to 100%.
    step 3 use the Background color eyedropper to select the same chromakey color from the Edit Preview window (probably green).
    step 4 use the Layouter or transfrom effect to move or scale subject. The background should be the same color.
    step 5 turn on the Chromakey effect in the key channel (below the clip).
    Thank you very much for the detailed steps. Those worked perfect.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    you can also enable the rectangle in the chroma keyer, this will then eliminate the black and show the correct bg behind the talking head

Leave a comment:

• 3pointedit
    replied
    If you scale the foreground clip with Layouter or the Transform effect, the background will be black so the Chromakey will not work there.
    So :
    step 1. turn off the chromakey effect on the Key channel if its applied.
    step 2. open Layouter or Transform effect and find Background color, increase opacity to 100%.
    step 3 use the Background color eyedropper to select the same chromakey color from the Edit Preview window (probably green).
    step 4 use the Layouter or transfrom effect to move or scale subject. The background should be the same color.
    step 5 turn on the Chromakey effect in the key channel (below the clip).

Leave a comment:

• Harro
    replied
    Maybe try the Layouter, cropping as needed and then moving in the x direction.

Leave a comment:

• ClimberArun
    started a topic Relocating my picture on green screen

Relocating my picture on green screen

I captured myself speaking with green screen in the background, with me in the bottom left corner of the frame. I would like to move my location to the bottom right corner. I just cannot seem to get it in Edius 7.53, which is what I have. It will help me a lot, that way when I do chromakey, I don't have to re-record with me sitting at different positions, depending on the footage I want to overlay myself on.

Detailed steps, or link to demo video or forum answer will help immensely.

Regards,
    ClimberArun
Working...
X