Relocating my picture on green screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relocating my picture on green screen

I captured myself speaking with green screen in the background, with me in the bottom left corner of the frame. I would like to move my location to the bottom right corner. I just cannot seem to get it in Edius 7.53, which is what I have. It will help me a lot, that way when I do chromakey, I don't have to re-record with me sitting at different positions, depending on the footage I want to overlay myself on.

Detailed steps, or link to demo video or forum answer will help immensely.

Regards,
    ClimberArun

Maybe try the Layouter, cropping as needed and then moving in the x direction.
    i7 3930K, Win 10 pro 64 Bit.
    RAM 32 GB.
    ASUS P9X79-Deluxe.
    PS Thermaltake 1kW.
    Graphics Gigabyte GTX1660 OC.
    OS:Intel 535 SSD 480 GB, Data: two 2TB WD Cavier Black, RAID 0.
    Cameras: Sony EX1, AX100, x1000v, A7R4, DJI Mavic 2 Pro
    SW: Edius v8.53 WG & 9.52 WG, Vegas 17 Pro, CS6, Resolve Studio 16, Hitfilm 2017, Sound Forge 13, SpectraLayers Pro v6.0, Neat Video v5, Vistitle 2.8.5 TMPEnc VMWorks 7, Auth. Works 6, MochaPro v4.1, Robuskey, DVD Architect 7, 3D LUT Creator.

Comment

If you scale the foreground clip with Layouter or the Transform effect, the background will be black so the Chromakey will not work there.
      So :
      step 1. turn off the chromakey effect on the Key channel if its applied.
      step 2. open Layouter or Transform effect and find Background color, increase opacity to 100%.
      step 3 use the Background color eyedropper to select the same chromakey color from the Edit Preview window (probably green).
      step 4 use the Layouter or transfrom effect to move or scale subject. The background should be the same color.
      step 5 turn on the Chromakey effect in the key channel (below the clip).
      Check out my blog
      and YouTube channel

Comment

you can also enable the rectangle in the chroma keyer, this will then eliminate the black and show the correct bg behind the talking head
        Anton Strauss
        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS 9 WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by 3pointedit View Post
          If you scale the foreground clip with Layouter or the Transform effect, the background will be black so the Chromakey will not work there.
          So :
          step 1. turn off the chromakey effect on the Key channel if its applied.
          step 2. open Layouter or Transform effect and find Background color, increase opacity to 100%.
          step 3 use the Background color eyedropper to select the same chromakey color from the Edit Preview window (probably green).
          step 4 use the Layouter or transfrom effect to move or scale subject. The background should be the same color.
          step 5 turn on the Chromakey effect in the key channel (below the clip).
          Thank you very much for the detailed steps. Those worked perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
            you can also enable the rectangle in the chroma keyer, this will then eliminate the black and show the correct bg behind the talking head
            Thank you for responding. I was able to achieve it with the steps given by another user. But I would like to understand know your method as well. What is 'enable rectangle'? Is it only in Edius 9? At least I cannot find it in my version (7.53).

Comment

Originally posted by ClimberArun View Post

Thank you for responding. I was able to achieve it with the steps given by another user. But I would like to understand know your method as well. What is 'enable rectangle'? Is it only in Edius 9? At least I cannot find it in my version (7.53).
              enable rectangle is in chroma keyer of all versions of EDIUS, here is a screenshot of it in EDIUS 5
              https://www.videoproductions.com.au/...gle-enable.png
              Anton Strauss
              Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS 9 WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Working...
              X