Audio scrub in Edius 9?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio scrub in Edius 9?

Is it possible to turn off the audio scrubbing i Edius 9 (like in any other NLE on the planet)? This option is an absolute deal breaker for us since we work long hours with headphones and the audio scrubbing is just unbearable. We just want it when we need it. This toggle option is an absolute deal breaker for our studio.

Are you using Pro or workgroup?
    Steve

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

In a roundabout way.
      If you have the mixer open, you can mute the track. But if you want to hear audio when you play, you would have to unmute it.

I am assuming you may want a universal button to turn off audio scrubbing but allow audio for play? Not here yet.
      Main System: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB , GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i PS, Phanteks Luxe Case, 16TB RAID (4)HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB, Corsair H115i CPU Cooler, AJA Kona 4, BMD Intensity Pro 4K, Win 10

Comment

There is away to do this in workgroup. One button. :)
        Steve

Comment

Now you are keeping us in suspense; which button?
          EDIUS silver certified trainer.
          Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
          Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
          Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

Monitoring mode.
            In custom mode turn all the tracks off.
            set the monitoring mode to custom and you can turn off all track with one click.

If you use either mono or stereo of monitoring mode clicking on custom wil mute all tracks.

If you are not using monitoring mode during your edit a click om the monitoring mode will turn on an off audio.
            Steve

Comment

Could you not use SHIFT A (audio mute) to achieve what you want?

This was one of my first annoying things with EDIUS when I started using it!
              DVC Built for AVID MC (Now + EDIUS Workgroup 8.5.3)- Giabyte GA-X58A-UD3R, 2.66Ghz Intel i7-920 Quad Core HyperThreading processor, 1 NVidia Quadro FX1800 768MB, Win W7 Pro 64 bit, Now Win 10 MC Ver 8.4.4.3850, Workgroup 8 (8.5.3.3262)
              DVC Built for EDIUS- Giabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 3, Intel i7 6700K, Skylake Quad Core 4.0GHz, 32GB Ram, 240GB SanDisk, Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K, EDIUS Workgroup 8 (8.5.3.3262) Plus 9 (9.51.5619) VisTitle 2.580 Just a Hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenlewis View Post
                Could you not use SHIFT A (audio mute) to achieve what you want?

This was one of my first annoying things with EDIUS when I started using it!
                It's a Window command not an Edius one, at least that is how it is in Essex.
                Does it work in Edius for you?

Comment

Yes, it works for me in sunny West Sussex and is a default key press and I don’t use the normal EDIUS keypad short cuts I still use my AVID layout ones.
                  DVC Built for AVID MC (Now + EDIUS Workgroup 8.5.3)- Giabyte GA-X58A-UD3R, 2.66Ghz Intel i7-920 Quad Core HyperThreading processor, 1 NVidia Quadro FX1800 768MB, Win W7 Pro 64 bit, Now Win 10 MC Ver 8.4.4.3850, Workgroup 8 (8.5.3.3262)
                  DVC Built for EDIUS- Giabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 3, Intel i7 6700K, Skylake Quad Core 4.0GHz, 32GB Ram, 240GB SanDisk, Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K, EDIUS Workgroup 8 (8.5.3.3262) Plus 9 (9.51.5619) VisTitle 2.580 Just a Hobby.

Comment

Yes, it works for me in sunny West Sussex and is a default key press and I don’t use the normal EDIUS keypad short cuts I still use my AVID layout ones.

SHIFT-A in normal Edius-layout selects the clips in the TL-tracks.
                    kurt
                    Intel core i7-6700K / ASUS Z170A / 32 GB RAM / Intel HD Graphics 530 / SSD Systemdrive / Gigabyte GeForce GT 1070 / Win-10/64 Pro (V-1809) / EDIUS-9.52 (6153)-WG / Mercalli (V2, V4 and V5 Plugin/64bit) / Resolve-16.2.4 Studio / Zonealarm(Firewall etc) / ImgBurn / PowerDVD etc.
                    // Read > Test > Understand

Comment

Yes that is correct. :)
                      Steve

Comment

How strange- doesnt work in Essex, Austria or wherever Steve is.

Can you recheck the mapping as maybe you have uncovered a hidden gem. That said my studio speakers are controlled from a switch box, covering 4 PCs (3 editing capable + the "Office" PC) so one touch and they are mute.

Comment

Yes you re correct. It is “SHIFT and S”. I have just checked it on my old PC defaulted user settings.
                          I must have changed it when I first used EDIUS because keyboard short cuts limitations did not work for me.
                          I must edit the previous comment to make it clearer. It will not toggle the Scrubbing on or off but tracks that are highlighted it will turn them on and off.
                          This was one of the many limitations of EDIUS rants, I had with our friend David when I moved over to EDIUS some years ago, from AVID and Liquid.
                          Ken

Comment

So it's not a "World Beating" shortcut after all - sneaked a bit of UK satire in.

Comment

So you could do shift-0, the shift-s - and if you had the macro generator you could assign this to one button/key. However, it is actually changing the timeline rather than just turning off scrubbing..

So back to the drawing board or ask Google to do it - to continue the biting satire (probably lost on anyone outside the UK).
                              EDIUS silver certified trainer.
                              Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
                              Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
                              Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

Working...
                              X