Export/Import Presets from Layouter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Export/Import Presets from Layouter

We have multiple licenses for Edius and multiple computers we work on. I would like to export the presets I have saved in the layouter on one computer and import them into the layouter on another computer. Is this possible.

I would put all of the custom made presets into a folder in the Effects tab. Then Right click and choose export and save to an external drive or network. On the new machines, go to the Effects tab and to the top Effects folder. Then right click and Choose Import and navigate to where you saved the previous folder.

I would also suggest that you use Transform filter instead of Layouter for any preset that you might save. That way you can apply multiple effects without overwriting the other.
    1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

Originally posted by lancelewis View Post
      We have multiple licenses for Edius and multiple computers we work on. I would like to export the presets I have saved in the layouter on one computer and import them into the layouter on another computer. Is this possible.

One possibility would be:
      - Information palette > Right-click on Layouter > Save as User Effect.
      - Effects palette > Right-click on this User Effect > Export.
      kurt

PS was faster!
      Last edited by kpot; 06-12-2020, 09:14 PM.
      Intel core i7-6700K / ASUS Z170A / 32 GB RAM / Intel HD Graphics 530 / SSD Systemdrive / Gigabyte GeForce GT 1070 / Win-10/64 Pro (V-1809) / EDIUS-9.52 (6153)-WG / Mercalli (V2, V4 and V5 Plugin/64bit) / Resolve-16.2.4 Studio / Zonealarm(Firewall etc) / ImgBurn / PowerDVD etc.
      // Read > Test > Understand

Comment

thanks

Thanks, this has worked. Of course, I was hoping for a way to just export the presets I already had in the layouter, but this worked just fine. Thanks for the help and the tip on using the transform filter.

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_PS View Post
          I would also suggest that you use Transform filter instead of Layouter for any preset that you might save. That way you can apply multiple effects without overwriting the other.
          Interesting instructions but I am lost... I am in French version so what do you mean by Transform filter ?

Interesting thread
          Yvon durieux alias "Haddock" Belgium GMT + 2

Sorry for my poor english, I am french native speaking

Main System: Azus Z87 Pro, [email protected], 16gb ram, Nvidia GeForce GT 630, Windows 7 Pro 64, Samsung 840 pro, Edius 8.53.2808 WG and 9.40.4896 + NXexpress or HDspark, 2T separate video SSD.

Comment

Originally posted by Haddock View Post
            Interesting instructions but I am lost... I am in French version so what do you mean by Transform filter ?

Interesting thread
            In the FILTERS list is Transform. It works like layouter BUT as a filter. The advantage is it can be used more than once in a clip or in a Chrominance filer etc.
            I think it is widely agreed that for straightforward applications, Layouter is just fine.

Comment

the Transform filter can be found in your filter panel and acts the same as layouter, but can give benefits to layouter by applying moves within moves etc.
              Attached Files
              Anton Strauss
              Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Sorry to annoy you EdiUsers... but I don't find the french translation for "transform" in the list... may be some french user will see this
                Attached Files

Main System: Azus Z87 Pro, [email protected], 16gb ram, Nvidia GeForce GT 630, Windows 7 Pro 64, Samsung 840 pro, Edius 8.53.2808 WG and 9.40.4896 + NXexpress or HDspark, 2T separate video SSD.

Comment

... or may be someone can capture the filter opened to see what it looks like...

Thanks

Comment

Sorry to annoy you EdiUsers... but I don't find the french translation for "transform" in the list... may be some french user will see this

Transform:

German: Umwandeln
                    French: convert... modification
                    Whatever: The filter transform looks exact like the layouter (without presets)

Maybe that helps - kurt
                    Intel core i7-6700K / ASUS Z170A / 32 GB RAM / Intel HD Graphics 530 / SSD Systemdrive / Gigabyte GeForce GT 1070 / Win-10/64 Pro (V-1809) / EDIUS-9.52 (6153)-WG / Mercalli (V2, V4 and V5 Plugin/64bit) / Resolve-16.2.4 Studio / Zonealarm(Firewall etc) / ImgBurn / PowerDVD etc.

Comment

Originally posted by kpot View Post
                      Transform:

German: Umwandeln
                      French: convert... modification
                      Whatever: The filter transform looks exact like the layouter (without presets)

Maybe that helps - kurt
                      I found it, it's name in French is "modification" as you wrotte...

Thanks for help

Comment

I found it, it's name in French is "modification" as you wrotte...

Thanks for help

Hello:
                        This filter is one of the most useful. With it you can often avoid nested sequences. I use it very often.
                        Anton has already mentioned an example above.

Regards kurt

Comment

I am often asked about when to use Layouter and when to use Transform. If I am doing a one time move or clip manipulation, I use Layouter. If I remotely think I may save it as a preset, or I think I may need to do multiple moves, I use Transform.
                          1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

Also if the clip media being affected does not match project dimensions, then the clip's layouter is already scaling the source to "fit". Applying the transform in this case will be applying additional math to the pixels and therefore degrading the image, especially if you are enlarging the picture.
                            In these cases I prefer to use layouter, remember that the Layouter can also be saved as a Current User Preset.
                            Check out my blog
                            and YouTube channel

Comment

But if you use Layouter to save your presets, you can only use 1 at a time. If you add another preset made from Layouter, it will overwrite the first one.

Comment

Working...
                              X