Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrassValley_PS
    replied
    But if you use Layouter to save your presets, you can only use 1 at a time. If you add another preset made from Layouter, it will overwrite the first one.

Leave a comment:

• 3pointedit
    replied
    Also if the clip media being affected does not match project dimensions, then the clip's layouter is already scaling the source to "fit". Applying the transform in this case will be applying additional math to the pixels and therefore degrading the image, especially if you are enlarging the picture.
    In these cases I prefer to use layouter, remember that the Layouter can also be saved as a Current User Preset.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_PS
    replied
    I am often asked about when to use Layouter and when to use Transform. If I am doing a one time move or clip manipulation, I use Layouter. If I remotely think I may save it as a preset, or I think I may need to do multiple moves, I use Transform.

Leave a comment:

• kpot
    replied
    Originally posted by Haddock View Post
    I found it, it's name in French is "modification" as you wrotte...

Thanks for help

Hello:
    This filter is one of the most useful. With it you can often avoid nested sequences. I use it very often.
    Anton has already mentioned an example above.

Regards kurt

Leave a comment:

• Haddock
    replied
    Originally posted by kpot View Post
    Transform:

German: Umwandeln
    French: convert... modification
    Whatever: The filter transform looks exact like the layouter (without presets)

Maybe that helps - kurt
    I found it, it's name in French is "modification" as you wrotte...

Thanks for help

Leave a comment:

• kpot
    replied
    Sorry to annoy you EdiUsers... but I don't find the french translation for "transform" in the list... may be some french user will see this

Transform:

German: Umwandeln
    French: convert... modification
    Whatever: The filter transform looks exact like the layouter (without presets)

Maybe that helps - kurt

Leave a comment:

• Haddock
    replied
    ... or may be someone can capture the filter opened to see what it looks like...

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Haddock
    replied
    Sorry to annoy you EdiUsers... but I don't find the french translation for "transform" in the list... may be some french user will see this
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    the Transform filter can be found in your filter panel and acts the same as layouter, but can give benefits to layouter by applying moves within moves etc.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• DigitalDave
    replied
    Interesting instructions but I am lost... I am in French version so what do you mean by Transform filter ?

Interesting thread
    In the FILTERS list is Transform. It works like layouter BUT as a filter. The advantage is it can be used more than once in a clip or in a Chrominance filer etc.
    I think it is widely agreed that for straightforward applications, Layouter is just fine.

Leave a comment:

• Haddock
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_PS View Post
    I would also suggest that you use Transform filter instead of Layouter for any preset that you might save. That way you can apply multiple effects without overwriting the other.
    Interesting instructions but I am lost... I am in French version so what do you mean by Transform filter ?

Interesting thread

Leave a comment:

• lancelewis
    replied
    thanks

Thanks, this has worked. Of course, I was hoping for a way to just export the presets I already had in the layouter, but this worked just fine. Thanks for the help and the tip on using the transform filter.

Leave a comment:

• kpot
    replied
    Originally posted by lancelewis View Post
    We have multiple licenses for Edius and multiple computers we work on. I would like to export the presets I have saved in the layouter on one computer and import them into the layouter on another computer. Is this possible.

One possibility would be:
    - Information palette > Right-click on Layouter > Save as User Effect.
    - Effects palette > Right-click on this User Effect > Export.
    kurt

PS was faster!
    Last edited by kpot; 06-12-2020, 09:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_PS
    replied
    I would put all of the custom made presets into a folder in the Effects tab. Then Right click and choose export and save to an external drive or network. On the new machines, go to the Effects tab and to the top Effects folder. Then right click and Choose Import and navigate to where you saved the previous folder.

I would also suggest that you use Transform filter instead of Layouter for any preset that you might save. That way you can apply multiple effects without overwriting the other.

Leave a comment:

• lancelewis
    started a topic Export/Import Presets from Layouter

Export/Import Presets from Layouter

We have multiple licenses for Edius and multiple computers we work on. I would like to export the presets I have saved in the layouter on one computer and import them into the layouter on another computer. Is this possible.
Working...
X