X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neftv
    replied
    Originally posted by SRsupport View Post
    Is the mpeg stream encoded at absolute 30fps or it 29.974 marked as 30 fps?

Because I see that it is marked30fps

Steve
    It's definately 29.97. Media info software shows it like that and I had that check by PSG from the beginning.
    I have your question inquired to PSG about the gop structure. Sometimes they answer quickly sometimes not on informational things.

Leave a comment:

• SRsupport
    replied
    Is the mpeg stream encoded at absolute 30fps or it 29.974 marked as 30 fps?

Because I see that it is marked30fps

Steve

Leave a comment:

• Neftv
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_BH View Post
    Is the GOP structure really
    IPPBPPBPPBPPBPP

and not
    IBBPBBPBBPBBPBB

?
    Here is how it looks on web interface.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    Is the GOP structure really
    IPPBPPBPPBPPBPP

and not
    IBBPBBPBBPBBPBB

?

Leave a comment:

• Neftv
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
    They're correct - Closed GOP is preferred.

Come to think of it, I didn't have that option checked...

EDIT: No, no good. It still reencodes the video.

So, so far the only thing I can do to make it at least operate faster, is to change the field order in the clip's properties.

With that said, doing this can cause adverse effects with some video streams (reversed fields are easy to spot, since they look awful).

Presently, there are no EDIUS project presets that feature top-field first at 720 x 480 (the EDIUS NX D1 profile is 720 x 486 TFF - I tried that and it too, will reencode because of the frame size). I'm reckoning that adding such a preset would solve the issue here. I wish I could be of more help, but it seems that you've caught EDIUS out in this case. :(
    Explain to me about Field order.. DV is bottom but when injesting analog audio video its top but that is all I know about it.
    Does the right person know about the issue at hand? Do I need to call this in? Maybe the developers can make a preset that I can import? Well that could be useful to others too!!

Does the program mux value difference have anything to do with this too?

Edit...
    Why cant there be just a check box for smart encode and basically it just copies the original parameters to the output file? I dont know if that would be good in all instances but for us I think it would be ok.
    Last edited by Neftv; 01-25-2008, 10:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    They're correct - Closed GOP is preferred.

Come to think of it, I didn't have that option checked...

EDIT: No, no good. It still reencodes the video.

So, so far the only thing I can do to make it at least operate faster, is to change the field order in the clip's properties.

With that said, doing this can cause adverse effects with some video streams (reversed fields are easy to spot, since they look awful).

Presently, there are no EDIUS project presets that feature top-field first at 720 x 480 (the EDIUS NX D1 profile is 720 x 486 TFF - I tried that and it too, will reencode because of the frame size). I'm reckoning that adding such a preset would solve the issue here. I wish I could be of more help, but it seems that you've caught EDIUS out in this case. :(

Leave a comment:

• Neftv
    replied
    Darn. After testing, the discrepancy between source, project and target field ordering is a key. I did a test of just switching the field order and got much faster results (even when not using segment encoding).

It'd be handy to know what (if anything) is done to the GOP structure, during the encode on the C500.

I might pass this on to engineering and they can at least give a definite answer. (although I suspect the likely cause is the field ordering)
    I found out the following
    Frames Per GOP: 15
    GOP Structure: IPPBPPBPPBPPBPP
    GOP Closure: Closed GOP

The reason for Closed GOP and they wont changed it is it suppose to be better for editing.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    Darn. After testing, the discrepancy between source, project and target field ordering is a key. I did a test of just switching the field order and got much faster results (even when not using segment encoding).

It'd be handy to know what (if anything) is done to the GOP structure, during the encode on the C500.

I might pass this on to engineering and they can at least give a definite answer. (although I suspect the likely cause is the field ordering)

Leave a comment:

• Neftv
    replied
    Ok - something I want to try, but I need a sample clip.

Can you try uploading a clip to a file hosting place like http://www.yousendit.com/ or similar? (there's plenty of free file hosting sites online)

Incidentally, you're not able to change the encoder's settings on the C500 system are you? (I'm thinking field ordering)

Ok I finally figured out a upload place c500test.mpg
    This is a 60 sec test clip recorded from C500 with nothing done to it.
    I can only change bit rates and constant or variable and audio sample rate in web interface.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    Ok - something I want to try, but I need a sample clip.

Can you try uploading a clip to a file hosting place like http://www.yousendit.com/ or similar? (there's plenty of free file hosting sites online)

Incidentally, you're not able to change the encoder's settings on the C500 system are you? (I'm thinking field ordering)

Leave a comment:

• SRsupport
    replied
    works fine I see :)

Leave a comment:

• Neftv
    replied
    I hope this works. Thanks for telling me about PNG.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• SRsupport
    replied
    use png

I use the funtion all the time

Leave a comment:

• Neftv
    replied
    Like I said, adjusting the field ordering may not have any positive effect in reducing the time to encode, simply because the source content already differs from the project settings. (this is something that you cannot control)

By the way, can you put up a screenshot of a clips properties window for me?
    You guys have to many restrictions to upload things. I made bmp screen shots and just chopped the part I need and the image size is to big so I squashed it now your sight says the file size is over 19k. My file is only 241k. Again I love to post things in your response but it looks like I am not allowed to once again.
    I guess this will be an Eduis tech call about the mux rate.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    Like I said, adjusting the field ordering may not have any positive effect in reducing the time to encode, simply because the source content already differs from the project settings. (this is something that you cannot control)

By the way, can you put up a screenshot of a clips properties window for me?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X