Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edius Pro 4.51C and smart render?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Looking at your source, I wonder if EDIUS can mux elementary streams with SegmentEncode. I get the feeling it can't.

    Do you have a MPEG-2 Program Stream you can try?

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by GrassValley_BH View Post
      Looking at your source, I wonder if EDIUS can mux elementary streams with SegmentEncode. I get the feeling it can't.

      Do you have a MPEG-2 Program Stream you can try?

      We do use MPEG 2 Program stream. That is the type of file we use all along. Our MPEG recorder will only record that as it has no provision to change it. We do own Digital Rapids Stream Pro and we can encode files and we use DR to make DV files from Production's Final Cut systems to MPEG2 Program or other MPEG.
      Could this have to do with Canopus's own MPEG2 codec? What I see commonly used is Main Concept's MPEG2 codecs and that is what DR uses I not sure about Womble. We are trying to stay away from Womble because if it does a re-encode it's codec makes video look worse in my testing.

      IF I had to change to Elementary stream MPEG 2 it will cause a workflow issue. Our broadcast server can handle Program stream and Transport stream.

      Comment


      • #18
        Hmm.. Is there MPEG Layer II audio, or PCM audio in the Program Stream?

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by GrassValley_BH View Post
          Hmm.. Is there MPEG Layer II audio, or PCM audio in the Program Stream?
          Yes the audio of the original is MPEG layer 2 @ 256 and I set the same in the MPEG2 preset.

          Comment


          • #20
            Strange, I'm not sure why it's not just using the original MPEG stream, but somehow it must think the original stream is different from the selected output.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by GrassValley_BH View Post
              Strange, I'm not sure why it's not just using the original MPEG stream, but somehow it must think the original stream is different from the selected output.
              I wonder if there is some specific deeper parameter that is not the same? I mean beyond the bit rate and sample rate. Not sure how to look that up for an incoming MPEG file.

              Comment


              • #22
                You're not adjusting the quality setting with your output parameters are you? If segment encoding, don't touch that setting..

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
                  You're not adjusting the quality setting with your output parameters are you? If segment encoding, don't touch that setting..
                  I believe that is it's default setting of Standard I never changed that. You know what I should try is to edit an already edited Edius made MPEG and edit it shorter like I trim more at the front and end. Then output to the MPEG preset I have. See if the output goes much faster. If it doesn't then I know that Edius just does not do Smart Rendering not matter what the segment encode checkmark is for.

                  ***Update
                  It will output faster to an Edius made MPEG. Like 10 times faster. So something deeper in our mpegs are not the same. Any suggestion on how to analyze an MPEG.. Beyond what the freeware program Media Info can give me?
                  Last edited by Neftv; 01-24-2008, 09:37 PM. Reason: Update

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Continuing from my update from my previous post....
                    I figured out that the program mux rate and the top field/bottom field is different.
                    On our Princeton Server Group MPEG Recorder (C500) it uses a program mux rate of 10124800 and I believe that is a MPEG Standard.
                    Edius has it set for 8569600.
                    On the C500 it set for top field. in Edius it seems to default to Bottom Field. I not sure about that one. I think Capturing from DV is bottom field but why on file import it forces the parameter to bottom.

                    So where do I go from here?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      There's your cause I'd say - field ordering.

                      Try forcing it to Top field. I don't know if that will work though, since the project preset enforces bottom field regardless of what your source clips might be using.

                      Try it anyway and see what happens.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
                        There's your cause I'd say - field ordering.

                        Try forcing it to Top field. I don't know if that will work though, since the project preset enforces bottom field regardless of what your source clips might be using.

                        Try it anyway and see what happens.
                        Forcing the field order to match just before I name the file to save out does not change the render time. So the only thing left is that program mux rate which I can't change.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Like I said, adjusting the field ordering may not have any positive effect in reducing the time to encode, simply because the source content already differs from the project settings. (this is something that you cannot control)

                          By the way, can you put up a screenshot of a clips properties window for me?

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
                            Like I said, adjusting the field ordering may not have any positive effect in reducing the time to encode, simply because the source content already differs from the project settings. (this is something that you cannot control)

                            By the way, can you put up a screenshot of a clips properties window for me?
                            You guys have to many restrictions to upload things. I made bmp screen shots and just chopped the part I need and the image size is to big so I squashed it now your sight says the file size is over 19k. My file is only 241k. Again I love to post things in your response but it looks like I am not allowed to once again.
                            I guess this will be an Eduis tech call about the mux rate.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              use png

                              I use the funtion all the time
                              Steve
                              EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
                              A proud EDIUS EDITOR
                              For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I hope this works. Thanks for telling me about PNG.
                                Attached Files

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X