Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius-Effect "Matrix"

Hi:

I want to sharpen (or blur) a clip with the Edius effect "Matrix".
    Where can I find a description of how to set the appropriate values in the matrix to
    1. sharpen the clip or
    2. to make the clip blurred.

Does anyone have any information about this (in German or English) ?
    Thanks in advance - kurt
    Intel core i7-6700K / ASUS Z170A / 32 GB RAM / Intel HD Graphics 530 / SSD Systemdrive / Gigabyte GeForce GT 1070 / Win-10/64 Pro (V-1809) / EDIUS-9.52 (6153)-WG / Mercalli (V2, V4 and V5 Plugin/64bit) / Resolve-16.2.4 Studio / Zonealarm(Firewall etc) / ImgBurn / PowerDVD etc.
    // Read > Test > Understand

there are 3 presets already for each, weak, medium or strong blur or sharpen
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS 9 WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
      there are 3 presets already for each, weak, medium or strong blur or sharpen
      Hi, Anton:
      Thanks for the advice. I know the three effects, but I completely forgot that they are realized as a matrix.

// A single look (= double click) from me would have been enough and everything would have been clear. "I couldn't see the forest for the trees."
      Everything (again) clear - thanks.
      kurt
      Intel core i7-6700K / ASUS Z170A / 32 GB RAM / Intel HD Graphics 530 / SSD Systemdrive / Gigabyte GeForce GT 1070 / Win-10/64 Pro (V-1809) / EDIUS-9.52 (6153)-WG / Mercalli (V2, V4 and V5 Plugin/64bit) / Resolve-16.2.4 Studio / Zonealarm(Firewall etc) / ImgBurn / PowerDVD etc.
      // Read > Test > Understand

Comment

I had a play with the matrix as well, I found this article helpful https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kernel_(image_processing) so that I could perform sharpness on only the horizontal axis. Or blur a small amount on the vertical axis. The built in Gaussian blur will allow this also but you get very coarse amounts to adjust with (as % value). A light vertical only blur can help defeat the interlace twitter or shimmer in drone footage for example.
        Check out my blog
        and YouTube channel

Comment

you can adjust Gaussian blur in small values like 0.1, 0.2 etc in H and V axis by adjusting in the lower half of the panel
          Attached Files
          Anton Strauss
          Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS 9 WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Haha... I never noticed that! Thank you
            Check out my blog
            and YouTube channel

Comment

Working...
            X