Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HDSPARK Not working with Edius 8 (windows 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDSPARK Not working with Edius 8 (windows 10)

I have been using Edius for a very long time, and all of a sudden my HDSPARK video out stopped working, I runned the hardware tool, but it didnt work. Does, anyone know how to fix this issue? Does anyone know what cards are supported with Edius 8, or a alternative?

Hi

Go to https://www.edius.net/edius-i-o-cards.html and legacy cards are at the bottom are not officially supported but will work in Edius 8 with the Edius 7 hardware drivers but not in Edius 9.

You will not see the Spark card mentioned as support was dropped after Edius 7

Regards

Mike
    Sys4: Edius9/XWG ASUS Z10PE-D16WS MB 2xE5-2696 Xeon 72 cores. 16TB RAID0 64G RAM RTX3090Ti. Samsung 55" QLED 1500 NIT HDR 4K TV. Storm3G Elite/Decklink 4K 12G HDR. Yamaha RX-A870 A/V 7.1 audio. Sys1-3 Edius 8.5 WG + RX-E1+HDBX1000 MIP HP xw8600 2 x X5492 CPU 8 cores, 8G RAM, GTX1080TI. All sys Fibred to central media pool - 5TB RAID + QLogic Fibre Switch. Central SD Pro VCR rack. All sys YUV & audio to theatre with Sony STR DN1040 7.1 audio amp with 1000W sub 63" HD 3D Samsung TV

Comment

Mike, I read in the Legacy link on the page you provided, it stated that the HD Spark and HD Spark Pro work with both Edius 8 and 9. Good news!
      Regards,

Jon

#1: Iwill DK8N, 2 x 270 Opterons, 2 Gb RAM, WinXPPro-32, Edius 5.51, NX PCI-X & HDV Expansion, ProCoder 3, Imaginate 2, Sony WV-DR9, Sony EDV-9500, Sony GV-D200.
      #2: Asus P5E, Q9400, WinXPPro-32, Edius 6.07, HD Spark
      #3: Edius SP with Breakout Box, Win10, Edius 7.53

Comment

I have been on Windows 10, 8.53 Workgroup and the HDspark card for a while now with no problems. Occasionally I have to recheck the device box for it to work.
        Mark Williams
        [email protected]
        http://vimeo.com/channels/3523
        http://www.pond5.com/artist/mark29
        Edius 8 WG, i7 6700K, Asus 170-A mobo, 16 GB Ram, System 960 Evo M.2, Video multiple 850 Evo SSDs, Shadow Rock Slim cpu cooler, On board graphics, Corsair 400c case, HD Spark, Windows 10, Panasonic GH6

Comment

Originally posted by koolnjguy2003 View Post
          I have been using Edius for a very long time, and all of a sudden my HDSPARK video out stopped working, I runned the hardware tool, but it didnt work. Does, anyone know how to fix this issue? Does anyone know what cards are supported with Edius 8, or a alternative?
          it should work fine providing it is seen and selected in the preview device selection window

if it is not seen, the driver may have got disabled in the startup tab
          Attached Files
          Anton Strauss
          Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

same problem her, upgrade windows 7 to 10. i had to reinstall the edius 7.5 an first the drivers op the hdspark card didn't work. is this correct? driver HSX-E1? version "HSX-E1Driver_v103" but i'm nut sure this works on windows 10. i see no second monitor showing up.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinlingier1 View Post
              same problem her, upgrade windows 7 to 10. i had to reinstall the edius 7.5 an first the drivers op the hdspark card didn't work. is this correct? driver HSX-E1? version "HSX-E1Driver_v103" but i'm nut sure this works on windows 10. i see no second monitor showing up.
              do you see the HD Spark in EDIUS system settings, hardware , preview device? If yes, is it ticked

you need the following version in order to use in Win 10
              EDIUS_7.53_0031_DL_Setup.exe
              Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

no, system settings -> hardware -> preview device. i see just 1 and that device is generic OHCI-Output.
                that the problem, my driver gives it works fine but it will not showing up in Edius.

Comment

is this the correct driver for windows 10?

Comment

is this the correct driver for windows 10?
                    you must not install any driver for the HD Spark as the EDIUS 7.53 installation installs the driver
                    Anton Strauss

Comment

you must not install any driver for the HD Spark as the EDIUS 7.53 installation installs the driver
                      thx, i found my solution. i did remove the older driver and did uninstall my edius. and did a reinstall of edius. and that did the job for me.

Comment

thx, i found my solution. i did remove the older driver and did uninstall my edius. and did a reinstall of edius. and that did the job for me.
                        yes, that is the correct solution
                        Anton Strauss

Comment

HD Spark works thru Edius version 9.55. The HD Spark does not work in Edius X. The Storm 3G will.
                          Jerry
                          Six Gill DV
                          www.sgdvtutorials.com
                          If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                          http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                          Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Working...
                          X