Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alpha Custom Map transitions? how to make? where to get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpha Custom Map transitions? how to make? where to get?

Hey guys, so where do people find Alpha Custom Map transitions to install?
    I know somebody on here gave me a heart one years ago..

the default one seems to be a left to right swipe,
    I'm looking for an up to down reveal

But as a whole hoping to figure out Alpha Custom Maps and what I can do with them
    if anyone has examples or samples to show of what they've done with it,
    or links to bitmaps I'd love to see

does ANY bitmap work?
    for example could a photoshop brush be converted into a bitmap and used in Edius?

thanks all
    www.skysimonephotography.com
    www.skysimonefilm.com
    www.facebook.com/skysimonephoto

Laptop:
    ASUS - 17.3" Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 - 1TB Hard Drive + 256GB SSD - Metal Star Gray
    Edius Pro 9 Windows 10

You do know that you can adjust the direction and acceleration on those, right?
    Look under the C>Program Files>Grass Valley>Edius 9>Edius FX>Alpha folder for the \Alpha\BasicW V.bmp. When the black is at the top, the animation will move toward the light as default.
    So, look for Alpha Maps that have the darker portion at the top and with a 'V' in their name.

Under Alpha Map, adjust the Sharpness to around 100(lower will have a wider swath of alpha, Acceleration to and Speed to 0.
    Sharpness will adjust the amount of alpha definition.

Under Animation, set Acceleration to 24 and Speed to 18.
    Under General, select Enable overscan handling and Force Frame render.

All of these settings are user selected.
    Jerry
    Six Gill DV
    www.sgdvtutorials.com
    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Thanks Jerry for these detailed instructions, wow you nailed the entry (transition in)

would I just save it as a video file and flip/reverse it and repeat to do the exit transition?
      if I saved that as a video file though I couldn't have the underlying video go from black background to transparent

sorry if the answer is obvious... thank you for your help
      www.skysimonephotography.com
      www.skysimonefilm.com
      www.facebook.com/skysimonephoto

Laptop:
      ASUS - 17.3" Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 - 1TB Hard Drive + 256GB SSD - Metal Star Gray
      Edius Pro 9 Windows 10

Comment

If you want the same direction for out (going toward the bottom) just drag the first effect, from the information panel, to the rear of the clip.

If you want to change the out direction to move upward, under animation click the static tab and rotate the BIG arrow to -180.

Did you try the wipe I posted in your other thread? I actually prefer it. The only downside to the SMPTE wipes is that they don't have any adjustments. But, there
        are many variations of each wipe from different directions.

Look at the two screen shots I provided of the wipe. If you are after a clean edge, use the SMPTE #3 wipe. If you want some softness, use the Alpha Custom Map. I prefer the SMPTE #3 wipe.
        If you do use the Custom Alpha Map, have the wipe move faster than the SMPTE wipe. You will have to play with it.

https://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/...ad.php?t=44596 Post #9

If you are rendering to continue working, use Shift+G to save the alpha.

If you want to save this effect, right click on the top Alpha Custom map and choose 'Current User Preset.'

It will save as Alpha Custom Map with a time code and more than likely at the bottom of the 2D transition list. If not, look around for it.

Right click on this entry and change the name so that it indicates the direction of the intro wipe.

If you don't change the direction of the movement, just apply the saved preset to the end of the clip.

If you reverse the direction of the out transition, do the same process as before and notate the direction of the wipe.

Here is the BasicW V alpha map:
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Jerry; 05-03-2020, 01:28 AM.
        Jerry
        Six Gill DV
        www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
        Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
          ... Look under the C>Program Files>Grass Valley>Edius 9>Edius FX>Alpha folder for the \Alpha\BasicW V.bmp. ...

Hi Jerry:
          under the C>Program Files>Grass Valley>Edius 9>Edius FX>Alpha folder
          I have no further subfolders but a lot of ("alpha")*.bmp's
          Edius-Version 9.52.6031).
          I am confused.
          Any ideas?
          Thanks - kurt
          Intel core i7-6700K / ASUS Z170A / 32 GB RAM / Intel HD Graphics 530 / SSD Systemdrive / Gigabyte GeForce GT 1070 / Win-10/64 Pro (V-1809) / EDIUS-9.52 (6153)-WG / Mercalli (V2, V4 and V5 Plugin/64bit) / Resolve-16.2.4 Studio / Zonealarm(Firewall etc) / ImgBurn / PowerDVD etc.
          // Read > Test > Understand

Comment

The alpha folder contains .bmp files, of which the one I listed is stored. Is that what you are asking?
            Jerry
            Six Gill DV
            www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

The alpha folder contains .bmp files, of which the one I listed is stored. Is that what you are asking?
              In my alpha-Folder are a lot of .bmp files but nothing like

BasicW V.bmp.

// I have no problem to use my (alpha) .bmp's. My "problem" is only that I don't have "BasicW V.bmp".

kurt
              Intel core i7-6700K / ASUS Z170A / 32 GB RAM / Intel HD Graphics 530 / SSD Systemdrive / Gigabyte GeForce GT 1070 / Win-10/64 Pro (V-1809) / EDIUS-9.52 (6153)-WG / Mercalli (V2, V4 and V5 Plugin/64bit) / Resolve-16.2.4 Studio / Zonealarm(Firewall etc) / ImgBurn / PowerDVD etc.

Comment

Then that must be one that I added separately or possibly through Video Spice rack.
                Here is the file:
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Jerry; 05-03-2020, 02:10 AM.
                Jerry
                Six Gill DV
                www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

I dug through some of my files and where I got most of my extra alpha maps was from a program called Video Spice Rack. Good luck finding that now.
                  The company that created Video Spice Rack is now called Pixelan. Pixelan was started in 1996. Video Spice Rack was before that.
                  So, you are looking for a program that is over 24 years old.
                  Jerry
                  Six Gill DV
                  www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

I dug through some of my files and where I got most of my extra alpha maps was from a program called Video Spice Rack. Good luck finding that now.
                    The company that created Video Spice Rack is now called Pixelan. Pixelan was started in 1996. Video Spice Rack was before that.
                    So, you are looking for a program that is over 24 years old.

Hi Jerry:
                    I see (all clear).
                    Thanks for the zip-file.
                    kurt

Comment

Working...
                    X