• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• image quality after zooming in

my original material is 1920 * 1080.

I enlarged the image with the layouter.

From 100 % to 110 %, sometimes 130 %.

If I screen the result in the cinema, could this cause any major problems with the image quality?

Please try to use lanczos in the layouter.
    Lanczos will give better scaling results compared to the default setting.
    Steve

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

If you are going to do a lot of zooming in or panning around the shot, it is best to shoot in UHD then you can zoom in with no quality loss in an HD project.

HD footage in an HD project maximum of 115% zoom in otherwise it will go soft, to recover it a bit I like to apply the Matrix sharpness to the zoomed in result and play with the numbers in the 3 columns and looking at it on a large 4k TV until it looks best.

That Matrix filter takes a a bit of getting used to

The sharpness filter can add edge enhancement which doesn't look as nice as the Matrix filter.
      Sys4: Z10PE-D16WS MB 2xE5-2696 Xeon 64 active logical cores. EWG9. 64G RAM. Aorus GTX1080Ti. 55" Q7 1500 NIT HDR 4K TV/Storm 3G Elite/Decklink 4K 12G/8CH audio monitoring, Yamaha RXA-870 A/V. Sys1-3 EWG8 + RX-E1+HDBX1000 MIP in HP xw8600 2 x X5492 CPU 8 cores, 8Gig RAM, Quadro FX3800. All sys Fibre to central media pool - 5TB Axus Yotta RAID + QLogic Fibre Switch. Central VCR rack plus YUV & audio to viewing room with Yamaha AX1 7.1 100 watt per channel amp with 1000W sub 63" HD 3D Samsung TV

Comment

Working...
      X