Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I'm curious :) with me going to buying Edius 9 now, to get me X, is there any point? Im not even going to install 9.

Should I just wait for the upgrade version from workgroup 8 to Edius X :)

Wonder whats the cheapest route?

Thanks in advance.

Tony

Asrock Z68 Extreme7 --i7-2700K --EDIUS 8.5WG--HDStorm+ --16GB Kingston HyperX--GTX 560Ti--AX850 PSU--MxM PCI-e Reader--Win 10 Pro 64bit

Comment

EDIUS X is available now.
      Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 NVME OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro, Shuttle Pro2

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS X, 9.5 WG, Vegas 18, Resolve Studio 16

Cameras: GH5S, GH5, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V x 2

Comment

Originally posted by tony View Post
        Hi, I'm curious :) with me going to buying Edius 9 now, to get me X, is there any point? Im not even going to install 9.

Should I just wait for the upgrade version from workgroup 8 to Edius X :)

Wonder whats the cheapest route?

Thanks in advance.

I would install 9 and X because 9 allows you to capture via OHCI DV and HDV whereas this feature is removed in X
        Anton Strauss
        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post

I would install 9 and X because 9 allows you to capture via OHCI DV and HDV whereas this feature is removed in X
          My 2 cents : and if you still work with a NX card (as I do on one computer) to have and YUV video output and to capture analogic composite or Y/C video you should also old Edius 8 (compatible with 9).

But I will not be offensed if Anton corrects me
          Yvon durieux alias "Haddock" Belgium GMT + 2

Sorry for my poor english, I am french native speaking

Main System: Azus Z87 Pro, [email protected], 16gb ram, Nvidia GeForce GT 630, Windows 7 Pro 64, Samsung 840 pro, Edius 8.53.2808 WG and 9.40.4896 + NXexpress or HDspark, 2T separate video SSD.

Comment

I can sell you the Grass Valley Storm Pro Card with Bay and it works perfect with 8, 9 and X and has Composite, S-Video and Component, SDI in and out as well as HDMI out, works perfect

Or you can install a Blackmagic Mini Recorder with SDI and connect the SDI to an analog to SDI converter, also from BM, I tested and it works well with perfect levels, no black clipping
            Last edited by antonsvideo; 09-16-2020, 11:14 AM.
            Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Thanks for info
              Yvon durieux alias "Haddock" Belgium GMT + 2

Sorry for my poor english, I am french native speaking

Main System: Azus Z87 Pro, [email protected], 16gb ram, Nvidia GeForce GT 630, Windows 7 Pro 64, Samsung 840 pro, Edius 8.53.2808 WG and 9.40.4896 + NXexpress or HDspark, 2T separate video SSD.

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post

Thanks, I've just bought Edius 9 from David. nice to qualify for the free upgrade to Edius X :)
                Tony

Asrock Z68 Extreme7 --i7-2700K --EDIUS 8.5WG--HDStorm+ --16GB Kingston HyperX--GTX 560Ti--AX850 PSU--MxM PCI-e Reader--Win 10 Pro 64bit

Comment

Are you saying you can't capture DV in Edius X unless you add external stuff

Comment

Originally posted by editpoint View Post

Are you saying you can't capture DV in Edius X unless you add external stuff
                    that is correct, DV and HDV capture have been removed, not sure why, I assume because Microsoft also no longer supports firewire 400, I think Microsoft assume that nobody in the world still uses a DV camera, but they don' think about archival reasons

if you keep 9 installed, you can still capture with 9
                    Anton Strauss

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_PS View Post
                      Users who purchase(d) EDIUS Pro 9 or EDIUS Workgroup 9 (excluding Educational and Home Edition versions) between September 13, 2019 and September 30, 2020 are eligible for a free license of EDIUS Pro 9 Plus or EDIUS Workgroup 9 Plus, which allow users to use both EDIUS Pro 9/Workgroup 9 and EDIUS X Pro version/Workgroup version (provisional name), respectively, in the future.
                      Application Period: December 16, 2019 until September 30, 2020.

For more information and to apply for EDIUS 9 Plus Promotion, go to the following link for details;
                      https://www.edius.net/plus?fbclid=Iw...f9cu8ykQv2L9Fo
                      I tried this but site says because I purchased from Asia area but it sent me to Grassvalley page and I had to fill in form to apply for the Serial number to get version 10 after I do this i get a popup saying it could take at least a month before this request is completed why so long? I am in Australia

Comment

contact your reseller for correct instructions
                        Anton Strauss

Comment

What if i got my Edius Pro 9 in 2018? is any way to get and update for 9 Plus or X?

Comment

Originally posted by EQR76 View Post
                            What if i got my Edius Pro 9 in 2018? is any way to get and update for 9 Plus or X?
                            you can only buy an X pro upgrade from 9 Pro and it is $199 US
                            Anton Strauss

Comment

Working...
                            X