Edius SP and Sony Beta BVW-50P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius SP and Sony Beta BVW-50P

Customer wants to output from Edius Broadcast V4.13 to a Sony BVW-50P and faces the following problems:

1. Exporting with 'First Edit' doesn't work. Everything seems to be ok but the beta deck won't go into record mode.

2. Exporting with 'Assemble' starts the recording but after a few minutes customer gets a 'phase lock error' message?!

Thanks for any help in advance.

1. make sure the Sony deck receives the same ref as the SP board and make sure Edius is set to external broadcast ref, if not, then go to step 2

2. connect Y cable to ref in on Sony, set 75 off, connect short BNC from ref out to Y in, this will lock the Sony to the incoming signal, Edius can be left in internal ref (free run)

Note: using internal ref (free run) improves the editing speed of Edius SP by 300% (I only use external ref for capture)

Now, how to print to tape:

1. place some bars/tone on a new sequence, about a min long

2. reset TC counter on deck to 0 and press rec and play on deck, then play the bars on timeline sequence

3. stop tape and rewind

4. go to the timeline that holds your project, I am assuming your project has an ID board and a 10 sec countdown? if so, here is what I normally do

timeline starts with 10 sec ID board followed by 10 sec countdown, so the actual project starts at exactly 20 sec

5. mark in at start of timeline

6. mark out around 10 sec after the end of timeline (this will place 10 sec of black after the show)

7. click print to tape and make sure your deck is selected, type 40:00 in the start time and click assemble, then start

works perfect here on a daily basis
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Dear Anton, first of all thank you for the useful tips. Since the customer also has a UVW-1800 and a Sony IMX deck which work like a charm with his SP I wasn't sure if the BVW-50P has a defect.

Speaking of Ref Sync: do you use a blackburst generator? If so, which model?

Note: using internal ref (free run) improves the editing speed of Edius SP by 300% (I only use external ref for capture)
      Your absolutely right. Unfortunately no one at NAB could tell me if this may be solved with a new card driver. At least a shortcut to switch between the three sync modes would help.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorro View Post
        Speaking of Ref Sync: do you use a blackburst generator? If so, which model?

Your absolutely right. Unfortunately no one at NAB could tell me if this may be solved with a new card driver. At least a shortcut to switch between the three sync modes would help.
        I use the Kramer 6003B Blackburst Generator (PAL)

I mentioned the external ref problem to Japan and I was told that this is how it is!?!?!

Basically, switching from player to recorder takes forever when external ref is selected and the external vectorscope goes loony during the switch as if all sync is lost during the switch, I can live with this issue but a shortcut to quickly switch ref would be ideal

luckily, internal ref works perfect for editing, but external must be selected for capture and for rec to tape
        Anton Strauss
        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Note

When you outpout to Beta BVW-50P by component,Please make sure that you do not choose "component input" in the capture settings,because a loop is not permit.

Comment

Working...
          X