Clear All

• tdtinker
    replied
    Thank you ....That helps
    tdtinker

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    (1) Display switching - Check on "Key display" to display a part available to cut out in black. Check on "Histogram display" to show in histogram style.
    (2) Color selection - Select a color to transmit from the window.
    You can select a color (key color) to transmit by 4 methods.
    (3) Autofit - Click it to automatically define keyer settings appropriate for the selected key color.
    (4) Detail - You can define the detailed keyer settings.
    (5) Rectangle - Apply chromakey to a particular range.
    (6) Cancel Color - Add the key color and its opposite color onto the border part where the key color and other colors are bounded.
    (7) Autofit tracking - Check on "Enable" to adjust the key color variation automatically.
    (8) CG mode - Check it to set the parameter for CG. Uncheck it to set the parameter for natural image.
    (9) Soft edge - Check it to blur the border of the background image and overlaid image.
    (10) Linear Cancel/Color - Check it for possible improvement of the bleeding of the blue screen or green screen or the discoloration by reflections.

Leave a comment:

• tdtinker
    replied
    It does seem sometimes we get off topic. I did get help from SRsupport for our project that was due yesterday. But the question is still Edius doesn't really give enough detail on the different tools in the chromakeyer. Is there something more in depth or is it just trial and error? What is CG mode, liner canelcolor, cutout line and cut out frame.
    tdtinker

Leave a comment:

• Marc44
    replied
    Originally posted by SRsupport View Post
    I mean that if you use a kicker light to help separate the subject from the background you can use a yellow Gell (filter) on that one too.
    Yes, I see.

Marc

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    If I remember correctly yellow. This will neutralize the blue spill. I think you can also gel the kicker.
    yes, yellow

Leave a comment:

• SRsupport
    replied
    Typo:

I mean that if you use a kicker light to help separate the subject from the background you can use a yellow Gell (filter) on that one too.

Leave a comment:

• Marc44
    replied
    If I remember correctly yellow. This will neutralize the blue spill. I think you can also gel the kicker.
    Thanks, Sr
    What want you to say by : gel the kicker

Marc

Leave a comment:

• tdtinker
    replied
    I have sent you a private message.
    tdtinker

Leave a comment:

• SRsupport
    replied
    Originally posted by tdtinker View Post
    We have several clips that we have shot in our studio, with a chroma-key green wall. We are using edius to key-out the back ground. We are have a hard time getting a clean key. Is there any tutorials on this? We have done this before, but today and with these clips it is a problem.
    tdtinker
    What if you upload 3 sec of footage for me somewhere and I'll run it here and give you the settings to get a clean key?
    Would that work?

Sr

Leave a comment:

• tdtinker
    replied
    Under the "6. Effects" section, video 6.1 explains it pretty well, and even goes in to how to finesse a better keying using the various tools within the Chromakey effect palette. Though the EDIUS GUI in this video is still for EDIUS 4.0, the location of each tool and the usage remains the same.
    Doesn't really give enough detail on the different tools in the chromakeyer. Is there something more in depth or is it just trial and error? What is CG mode, liner canelcolor, cutout line and cut out frame.
    tdtinker

Leave a comment:

• SRsupport
    replied
    Originally posted by Marc44 View Post
    Oh, it will be helpfull.

And if the background is blue, what color choose for the backlight ?

Marc
    Last edited by SRsupport; 01-16-2008, 05:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_MD
    replied
    After the fact you can try and use some of the tools to help make the key better.

You can use the soft edge to try and make the key a little better... also you have the Range and Power features that help bring the other colors back to as close to the original shot that can help with cleaning it up also.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Marc44
    replied
    Oh, it will be helpfull.

And if the background is blue, what color choose for the backlight ?

Marc

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    lighting is important

if using a green background, use a magenta backlight to shine onto the back of suject without spilling any of that light onto the screen, this will give you a super clean key

here is how I usually key
    http://www.videoproductions.com.au/h...chromakey.html

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_CP
    replied
    There is in fact a tutorial here: http://ediustraining.grassvalley.com/index.php

Under the "6. Effects" section, video 6.1 explains it pretty well, and even goes in to how to finesse a better keying using the various tools within the Chromakey effect palette. Though the EDIUS GUI in this video is still for EDIUS 4.0, the location of each tool and the usage remains the same.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X