ChromaKey Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChromaKey Help?

We have several clips that we have shot in our studio, with a chroma-key green wall. We are using edius to key-out the back ground. We are have a hard time getting a clean key. Is there any tutorials on this? We have done this before, but today and with these clips it is a problem.
    tdtinker
    tdtinker
    3 Edit Systems all running widows 10: 1 Intel Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz Quad Core 8MB 77W Edius 8.5 Vistitler 2.6.0 Window 10-12 GB-
    1 i7 QUAD CORE 920 2.66GHz 8MB 130W Overclocked to at least 3.5GHz Edius 7.51
    New system: Asus X99 i7 6900K 3.2GHz, 32GB DDR 4 Ram, GTX 1070
    Edius 8.5
    www.actvp.com

There is in fact a tutorial here: http://ediustraining.grassvalley.com/index.php

Under the "6. Effects" section, video 6.1 explains it pretty well, and even goes in to how to finesse a better keying using the various tools within the Chromakey effect palette. Though the EDIUS GUI in this video is still for EDIUS 4.0, the location of each tool and the usage remains the same.

Comment

lighting is important

if using a green background, use a magenta backlight to shine onto the back of suject without spilling any of that light onto the screen, this will give you a super clean key

here is how I usually key
      http://www.videoproductions.com.au/h...chromakey.html
      Anton Strauss
      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Oh, it will be helpfull.

And if the background is blue, what color choose for the backlight ?

Marc
        System : W7 Ultimate - MB: Asus Z170 - I7 6700K - Ram 16 Go - SSD1 256 Go (OS/log) - SSD2 1To (rushes) - HDD 4To (save) - Nvidia Asus GTX970 - HDspark - Edius WG 9 - Vistitle 2.6 - Robuskey - Mercalli4 - Neat video - Ignite - Hitfilm4Pro - AV : Eset Nod32 - Others : Moniteur Sony 32-EX500 - Cam : Sony EX1-R - 2 x Sony PXW-X70 - 1 x Pana GH5
        Edius in France

Comment

After the fact you can try and use some of the tools to help make the key better.

You can use the soft edge to try and make the key a little better... also you have the Range and Power features that help bring the other colors back to as close to the original shot that can help with cleaning it up also.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Marc44 View Post
            Oh, it will be helpfull.

And if the background is blue, what color choose for the backlight ?

Marc
            If I remember correctly yellow. This will neutralize the blue spill. I think you can also gel the kicker.
            Last edited by SRsupport; 01-16-2008, 04:29 PM.
            Steve
            EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
            A proud EDIUS EDITOR
            For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Under the "6. Effects" section, video 6.1 explains it pretty well, and even goes in to how to finesse a better keying using the various tools within the Chromakey effect palette. Though the EDIUS GUI in this video is still for EDIUS 4.0, the location of each tool and the usage remains the same.
              Doesn't really give enough detail on the different tools in the chromakeyer. Is there something more in depth or is it just trial and error? What is CG mode, liner canelcolor, cutout line and cut out frame.
              tdtinker
              tdtinker
              3 Edit Systems all running widows 10: 1 Intel Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz Quad Core 8MB 77W Edius 8.5 Vistitler 2.6.0 Window 10-12 GB-
              Edius 8.5
              www.actvp.com

Comment

Originally posted by tdtinker View Post
                We have several clips that we have shot in our studio, with a chroma-key green wall. We are using edius to key-out the back ground. We are have a hard time getting a clean key. Is there any tutorials on this? We have done this before, but today and with these clips it is a problem.
                tdtinker
                What if you upload 3 sec of footage for me somewhere and I'll run it here and give you the settings to get a clean key?
                Would that work?

Sr
                Steve
                A proud EDIUS EDITOR
                For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

I have sent you a private message.
                  tdtinker
                  tdtinker
                  Edius 8.5
                  www.actvp.com

Comment

Originally posted by SRsupport View Post
                    If I remember correctly yellow. This will neutralize the blue spill. I think you can also gel the kicker.
                    Thanks, Sr
                    What want you to say by : gel the kicker

Marc
                    System : W7 Ultimate - MB: Asus Z170 - I7 6700K - Ram 16 Go - SSD1 256 Go (OS/log) - SSD2 1To (rushes) - HDD 4To (save) - Nvidia Asus GTX970 - HDspark - Edius WG 9 - Vistitle 2.6 - Robuskey - Mercalli4 - Neat video - Ignite - Hitfilm4Pro - AV : Eset Nod32 - Others : Moniteur Sony 32-EX500 - Cam : Sony EX1-R - 2 x Sony PXW-X70 - 1 x Pana GH5
                    Edius in France

Comment

Typo:

I mean that if you use a kicker light to help separate the subject from the background you can use a yellow Gell (filter) on that one too.
                      Steve
                      A proud EDIUS EDITOR

Comment

yes, yellow
                        Anton Strauss
                        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

I mean that if you use a kicker light to help separate the subject from the background you can use a yellow Gell (filter) on that one too.
                          Yes, I see.

Marc
                          Edius in France

Comment

It does seem sometimes we get off topic. I did get help from SRsupport for our project that was due yesterday. But the question is still Edius doesn't really give enough detail on the different tools in the chromakeyer. Is there something more in depth or is it just trial and error? What is CG mode, liner canelcolor, cutout line and cut out frame.
                            tdtinker
                            tdtinker
                            Edius 8.5
                            www.actvp.com

Comment

(1) Display switching - Check on "Key display" to display a part available to cut out in black. Check on "Histogram display" to show in histogram style.
                              (2) Color selection - Select a color to transmit from the window.
                              You can select a color (key color) to transmit by 4 methods.
                              (3) Autofit - Click it to automatically define keyer settings appropriate for the selected key color.
                              (4) Detail - You can define the detailed keyer settings.
                              (5) Rectangle - Apply chromakey to a particular range.
                              (6) Cancel Color - Add the key color and its opposite color onto the border part where the key color and other colors are bounded.
                              (7) Autofit tracking - Check on "Enable" to adjust the key color variation automatically.
                              (8) CG mode - Check it to set the parameter for CG. Uncheck it to set the parameter for natural image.
                              (9) Soft edge - Check it to blur the border of the background image and overlaid image.
                              (10) Linear Cancel/Color - Check it for possible improvement of the bleeding of the blue screen or green screen or the discoloration by reflections.

Comment

Working...
                              X