Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ray Lenahan
    • Sep 2019

DVDs burnt in 9.5 won't play

I have burnt hundreds of DVD in previous versions of Edius. Now i'm on 9.5. The DVDs seem to be coming out as DATA DVD vs. VIDEO. They won't play in a stand alone DVD. But they play in a computer using VLC...What has changed ? and how to fix it ? player.
  • createmedia
    • May 2007

Is by any chance your PC auto formatting the DVD's for drag and drop as soon as they are put in?

If you use the burn to disc option in Edius it should create the menu and encode the Video TS files that are required by the player.

As there are no mass shouts about the problem, I guess it's something unique to your setup.

Can you look to see what is on the DVD in Win explorer?

Regards

Mike
    Sys4: Edius9/11WG ASUS Z10PE-D16WS MB 2xE5-2696 Xeon 72 cores. 16TB RAID0 64G RAM RTX3090Ti. Samsung 55" QLED 1500 NIT HDR 4K TV. Storm3G Elite/Decklink 4K 12G HDR. Yamaha RX-A870 A/V 7.1 audio. Sys1-3 Edius 8.5 WG + RX-E1+HDBX1000 MIP HP xw8600 2 x X5492 CPU 8 cores, 8G RAM, GTX1080TI. All sys Fibred to central media pool - 5TB RAID + QLogic Fibre Switch. Central SD Pro VCR rack. All sys YUV & audio to theatre with Sony STR DN1040 7.1 audio amp with 1000W sub 63" HD 3D Samsung TV

Comment

• antonsvideo
      • May 2007

Originally posted by Ray Lenahan
      I have burnt hundreds of DVD in previous versions of Edius. Now i'm on 9.5. The DVDs seem to be coming out as DATA DVD vs. VIDEO. They won't play in a stand alone DVD. But they play in a computer using VLC...What has changed ? and how to fix it ? player.
      EDIUS uses the Windows burn engine, so some Win update may have caused an issue

always avoid Win for burning, use Nero Burning Rom or Imgburn (free) https://www.videoproductions.com.au/html/imgburn.html

use EDIUS to create the DVD image only

if Pal, make sure you set audio to dolby digital 256, by default EDIUS sets mpeg audio
      Anton Strauss
      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 64GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

• Ray Lenahan
        • Sep 2019

Edius DVDs still not working in normal players

I tried a new batch of vertatim DVD-r and got the same results burning directly off the timeline.
        The DVDs work in a computer with VLC but fail in all my stand alone DVD players. I had success by making a MPEG4 file in Edius ... then imported it into TMPG to be encoded as a DVD complaint file ..then burned a standard DVD in Encore. In the past I have successfully burned thousands of DVD-r directly in Edius but the problems started with version 9.5.....I have edius 8 and 9.5 in the same computer. so...I tried Edius 8. the DVDs failed to play in stand alone players too. This is driving me nuts and costing me $$ and time..The BluRay DVDs made in Edius 9.5 seem to work fine.

Comment

• trillium
          • May 2007

If you are burning mp4 to DVD then it has to be a data DVD I think.
          Jim Willett
          UAB CIRC
          Dell 3630 Precision workstation
          Nvida 1060 OVC, CPU i7-8700 3.7GH
          Edius 9.4

Comment

• antonsvideo
            • May 2007

Originally posted by Ray Lenahan
            I tried a new batch of vertatim DVD-r and got the same results burning directly off the timeline.
            The DVDs work in a computer with VLC but fail in all my stand alone DVD players. I had success by making a MPEG4 file in Edius ... then imported it into TMPG to be encoded as a DVD complaint file ..then burned a standard DVD in Encore. In the past I have successfully burned thousands of DVD-r directly in Edius but the problems started with version 9.5.....I have edius 8 and 9.5 in the same computer. so...I tried Edius 8. the DVDs failed to play in stand alone players too. This is driving me nuts and costing me $$ and time..The BluRay DVDs made in Edius 9.5 seem to work fine.
            I already gave you the guaranteed solution
            Anton Strauss
            Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 64GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

• Ray Lenahan
              • Sep 2019

YES your method worked.. I still wonder why my old Edius 8 method worked every time but not Edius 9.5

Comment

• Thor
                • May 2007

I have to echo what Anton said. Never fails. Just use Burn to Disc to create the image, and use ImgBurn or Nero. It's couldn't be more simple.
                Regards,

Jon

#1: Iwill DK8N, 2 x 270 Opterons, 2 Gb RAM, WinXPPro-32, Edius 5.51, NX PCI-X & HDV Expansion, ProCoder 3, Imaginate 2, Sony WV-DR9, Sony EDV-9500, Sony GV-D200.
                #2: Asus P5E, Q9400, WinXPPro-32, Edius 6.07, HD Spark
                #3: Edius SP with Breakout Box, Win10, Edius 7.53

Comment

• IVPR
                  • May 2014

I agree with Thor and Anton. Set yourself free!
                  Colin

Edius 9.52 WG - HD Spark - Win10 Pro - Gigabyte Z77-D3H -Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz - 32 GB Dual Channel DD3 @ 667MHz - 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT640 - Pioneer BD-RW BDR-206 and LG Optical Drives - VisTitle 2.8 - NeatVideo4 - TMPAW6 - TMPMW5 -TMPG mpeg plug-in - TMPG AVC plug-in - Also Edius 6.08 on XP

Comment

• DigitalDave
                    • May 2007

Originally posted by antonsvideo
                    I already gave you the guaranteed solution
                    Do you ever wonder why you bother?

Comment

• AJL14
                      • Jun 2007

Thor - you said ....."Just use Burn to Disc to create the image......". Why not just use ".......Burn to File......" to create the image, then off to ImageBurn, etc,? Don't have to bother with a disc being verified in the recorder that way. Just an inquiring mind!
                      Alan
                      Alan J. Levi
                      Director

SYSTEM:AsRock Z490 Taichi MB, Intel i9-10850K CPU, 64 Gig Trident 3600 RAM, Corsair HX1000W PS, nVidia RTX 3070 Video, Corsair h115i Water CPU cooler, Asus BW16-B1HT BluRay DVD, Samsung 512GB SSD boot in Swapable Tray, 2 1TB Samsung SSD video files RAID 1, 4.5TB RAID 1 Outboard backups, Behringer 2000 Audio Fader/Controller, LG 27" 4K Monitor, 2 Asus 1080 monitors.

Comment

• DigitalDave
                        • May 2007

Alan, you have to use "Burn to Disc" to access the "Compile disc image to folder", to make the iso to feed to ImgBurn, Nero etc. You are not creating a physical disc assuming you are untick the box.

Comment

• AJL14
                          • Jun 2007

Gotcha! Thanks. You're right.
                          Alan
                          Alan J. Levi
                          Director

SYSTEM:AsRock Z490 Taichi MB, Intel i9-10850K CPU, 64 Gig Trident 3600 RAM, Corsair HX1000W PS, nVidia RTX 3070 Video, Corsair h115i Water CPU cooler, Asus BW16-B1HT BluRay DVD, Samsung 512GB SSD boot in Swapable Tray, 2 1TB Samsung SSD video files RAID 1, 4.5TB RAID 1 Outboard backups, Behringer 2000 Audio Fader/Controller, LG 27" 4K Monitor, 2 Asus 1080 monitors.

Comment

Working...