Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-installing Edius

I'm going to try and keep this as brief as possible:

I had a HP z800 machine - windows 7 (because I used Avid MC).
    I think this history is correct:
    I bought Edius 5 - still have the disc and serial number (think this also has usb fob....which I still have)
    I then bought upgrade - Edius 6 - still have disc and serial number.
    I think I recall some 'issues' about the serial number and it not working but anyway, David Clark (from whom I purchased) resolved everything.
    I then think I did upgrades by downloading upgrades - can't remember. But, I got to Edius 8 something or other.

My Z800 refused to work. I tried replacing the power unit and other things. No joy. Would not boot. Then there was a bang and a flash...very dramatic.

So, I now have another z800. This has windows 10. I have all my old drives from the old z800 including the 'c' drive on which Edius and all other program files are stored.

I tried loading Edius on the new machine. I started with 5, upgraded to 6...but at this point it says I only have 30 days in which to use it and I must insert the usb key. I never had to do that? Anyway, I only have one usb key and that's for E5 I think??? So, I uninstalled.

Then I inserted by old C drive and tried to run Edius 8 from that. I just get messages like, d3dx9_43.dll not found.

My serial numbers are logged on Edius ...but I'm just stuck. Why can't I get Edius to run off that old C drive?

Can anyone help?
    Edius 8 / Avid Media Composer 5
    HP Z800 Workstation
    Intel Xeon x5675 6 Core @ 3.07Ghz
    176GB Ram
    nVidia Quadro K4200 4gb
    HP DVD writer
    LG Bluray writer
    WD Internal HD @ 4TB (x4)
    Lacie External HD @ 500GB (x3)
    Win 10

UPDATE....

I have managed to actually re-install Edius and it's working!!!
    Edius 8 / Avid Media Composer 5
    HP Z800 Workstation
    Intel Xeon x5675 6 Core @ 3.07Ghz
    176GB Ram
    nVidia Quadro K4200 4gb
    HP DVD writer
    LG Bluray writer
    WD Internal HD @ 4TB (x4)
    Lacie External HD @ 500GB (x3)
    Win 10

Comment

Working...