No announcement yet.

PAL 720 x 586 to NTSC 720 x 486 - need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go to www.magicdvdripper.com to download Magic DVD Ripper. It's ok for converting from DVD to mpg or avi.
    Desktop: Intel Vernonia-R Server Board, dual Xeon 5420 2.5Ghz (8 cores), Vista Ultimate 64 Bit, 12 GB RAM, NVidia 9800Gt 512MB graphics, 320 GB system drive, 2x1TB Seagate editing drives (not in RAID), 30 inch HP monitor.

Laptop: Toshiba Portege R700 2.66 Ghz cpu, 4GB RAM, 500GB hard drive

Comment

Originally posted by tingsern View Post
      StormDave, the last I checked of DVD Decrypter was it was closed down. Website no more....
      It was shut down because it has a CSS decrypter...but it is legal if you rip your own NON copy protected DVD's. I use this all the time when customers bring in standalone burned DVD's...either PAL or NTSC. The developer no longer works on it, so this is the "last" version of the applications. It even works under Vista!

DVD Decrypter v3.5.4.0

Don't worry, it's not a virus. Been using DVD Decrypter for years now, I think it's the best tool available for what you want to do and it does it in one step. No need to rip the VOB's, then demux them separately (Although you can do that). This way, you pop in the disc, follow my steps and you will have the audio and video ready to go. You can even load these files in Procoder and convert to another file type. When you rip these you have "RAW" files, as in non encoded ones...If you are having trouble with the .ac3 file loading into EDIUS, you need to download a free AC3 decoder (Decoding to uncompressed .wav) it's called "BeSweet".
      Last edited by STORMDAVE; 01-15-2008, 08:29 AM.

Comment

FYI the author now maintains a new, legal software application called IMGBurn, which I use almost daily.

Comment

Me also uses DVD Decrypter too ... for my legal clients ... all 100% legal. Very good software. Sometimes, I wonder why they created this DVD encryption in the first place .... that's another story anyway.
          TingSern
          --------------------------------------
          Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

Originally posted by drdimento View Post
            are you serious? that easy? how hard to sync? we don't use timecode we use clapper. is there a mark in feature or the like to sync them AND after setting the sync does it render out a new clip (this latter is what Liquid does and it boggs it down like crazy and best doubled clicked and then wait for the render although you don't have to but sort of hangs)

we have a dual xeon, hp8200's, with 2gb ram, and all sata drives. no raid, i don't like raid.
            Hi Roger

I'm also new with Edius and love the program. I still have 2 AL systems and even before that, 2 working D/DPR Video Machines by Fast. Moving away from a brand I've been loyal to since 1992 was'nt easy - it felt like betrayal. Now I'm glad I did and the uncertainty of AL's future just got to me.

Like you, I do all my HD work on Edius and my simple SD work on AL. The Edius MultiCam is just amazing and making changes later a very easy task. Also I like having access to every cam's audio - not stuck with only one master track like in AL.

Now I'm looking at getting a second Edius system.
            Regards,
            Gavin

==============================
            i7-860 Quad-Core, ASUS P7P55D-E PRO, 4Gig Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600, ASUS ATi Sapphire Radeon HD 4850, VIA HD Onboard Audio, SonyDRU-840A, LG SuperMulti Blue - Blu-ray Rewriter GGW-H20L, Promise FastTrac TX4310 SATA RAID Card with 3x1TB Seagate SATA2 Raid5, Seagate SATA2 250Gig & Seagate SATA2 1TB, XPPro SP3, EDIUS HDSpark V5.12

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
              it can be done in ProCoder Express with Edius closed simply browse for VIDEO_TS folder, select VTS_01_1.VOB as source and then select VOB direct to DVD as target, the resulting DVD will not have a menu
              First I put the DVD in and Procoder didn't see the DVD. So, I copied the VIDEO_TS folder from the DVD (via Explore in M$ Windows) and then did the Procoder VOB_01 as indicated and all that was decoded was about 8 or 9 mins of video. I guessed that the VOB_02 and VOB_03 had to be done separately but they decoded exactly the same thing. So, I opened ProCoder Express again and followed the wizard using the "Advanced" (manual) settings marking in at 00.00 and the out left as the preset at 09.13 and it appears that it's working although I'm not sure that there is going to be the whole video. Will post back if not.

Am I doing it right?

UPDATE: Stuck during the decoding cycle at 06.13. Any ideas?
              Last edited by drdimento; 01-28-2008, 05:38 PM.
              "What me worry?" Alfred E. Neuman .. after all, two wrongs don't make a right - BUT - three lefts do :-)

MacBook Pro (late 2011 8,2) 10.1, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 Gb 1600 DDR 3, 512 GB SSD, Mountain Lion with Parallels, External SATA HDD's on Thunderbolt, Final Cut Pro 7.

Canon 5DM2, 7D, HF G20 x 2, HF M40, with Beachtek Audio, Pro mixing, mics, both LED and Arri fresnel lighting, portable camera dolly, and camera jib.

Comment

You need to position (or select files) such that the menus don't get in the way.

Comment

First I put the DVD in and Procoder didn't see the DVD. So, I copied the VIDEO_TS folder from the DVD (via Explore in M$ Windows) and then did the Procoder VOB_01 as indicated and all that was decoded was about 8 or 9 mins of video. I guessed that the VOB_02 and VOB_03 had to be done separately but they decoded exactly the same thing. So, I opened ProCoder Express again and followed the wizard using the "Advanced" (manual) settings marking in at 00.00 and the out left as the preset at 09.13 and it appears that it's working although I'm not sure that there is going to be the whole video. Will post back if not.

Am I doing it right?

UPDATE: Stuck during the decoding cycle at 06.13. Any ideas?
                  if there are more than one title on the DVD, then you need to do the same for each title

VTS_01_1.VOB (select this file only for 1st title)
                  VTS_01_2.VOB
                  VTS_01_3.VOB
                  VTS_01_4.VOB
                  VTS_01_5.VOB

VTS_02_1.VOB (select this file only for second title)
                  VTS_02_2.VOB
                  VTS_02_3.VOB
                  VTS_02_4.VOB
                  VTS_02_5.VOB

and so on.....
                  Anton Strauss
                  Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

if there are more than one title on the DVD, then you need to do the same for each title

VTS_01_2.VOB
                    VTS_01_3.VOB
                    etc. . . .
                    OK, it's:

VTS_01_2.VOB
                    VTS_01_3.VOB

I've selected the first one again and it's the third try and it's currently processing like before but previously it locked up at 06.13 - I'll watch and post a follow up as it progresses thusly.

UPDATE_1: Seems to be still going good however do note that I changed the output format from Edit DV to Canopus DV. Perhaps it didn't like the ST8 DV edit format.

UPDATE_2 FINAL: It worked. Although I'm not that familiar with Edius 4 I have it outputing but I believe I have it in the wrong NTSC format . . that is I have it in 16:9 (since it was a 16:9 UK project but it's not filling the screen and either I have to figure a way to fit the screen OR I have to somehow change the project to a 4:3 project.
                    Last edited by drdimento; 01-29-2008, 07:45 AM.
                    "What me worry?" Alfred E. Neuman .. after all, two wrongs don't make a right - BUT - three lefts do :-)

MacBook Pro (late 2011 8,2) 10.1, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 Gb 1600 DDR 3, 512 GB SSD, Mountain Lion with Parallels, External SATA HDD's on Thunderbolt, Final Cut Pro 7.

Canon 5DM2, 7D, HF G20 x 2, HF M40, with Beachtek Audio, Pro mixing, mics, both LED and Arri fresnel lighting, portable camera dolly, and camera jib.

Comment

right click the clip in Edius and change the aspect until it fits the screen

I assume you have your project set to 16:9, this is what you should do if the source is 16:9

if all fails, use the layout tool on the clip and you will fill the screen in a hurry (right click, layout)
                      Anton Strauss
                      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

right click the clip in Edius and change the aspect until it fits the screen I assume you have your project set to 16:9, this is what you should do if the source is 16:9 if all fails, use the layout tool on the clip and you will fill the screen in a hurry (right click, layout)
                        Actually, I just went to the Project settings and simply changed the setting to 4:3 frame and now the image is a letter box in the frame and works like or regular SD letterbox projects in Avid Liquid (AL) and thus it really kicks and looks great. A lot easier than I imagined.

I have to say, the conversion is a lot faster and output a lot faster than it would have been had I had to do it in AL. This is great!

Thanks all for the kind help!

Comment

Originally posted by WedonVideo View Post
                          Hi Roger I'm also new with Edius and love the program. I still have 2 AL systems and even before that, 2 working D/DPR Video Machines by Fast. Moving away from a brand I've been loyal to since 1992 was'nt easy - it felt like betrayal. Now I'm glad I did and the uncertainty of AL's future just got to me.

Like you, I do all my HD work on Edius and my simple SD work on AL. The Edius MultiCam is just amazing and making changes later a very easy task. Also I like having access to every cam's audio - not stuck with only one master track like in AL.

Now I'm looking at getting a second Edius system.
                          Yes the future of AL is certainly not good and the latest announcement indicating no real HD support till next year sometime would put us in a heap of deep water with more and more of our clients requesting upper end HD.

I agree with the loyalty issue and challenged to seek alternatives for emotional reasons as well as the luxuary of swimming in familiar waters; however, a new path solution was inevitable and thus I guess we had to go there just a matter of time. In the end, it came down to a decision of when not would and although I'm probably the largest supporter of the subject of procastination I'm not a fan of failure by default and thus decided to test the waters.

This multicam issue will be big for us since about 80% of our productions are for television using at least three cameras and thus I'll be nervous about that and at the moment it sounds more difficult to set up using a clapper although I haven't tried it yet. The training video that I downloaded doesn't appear nearly as easy as AL but I can't say since I haven't experienced it yet. Moreover like you . . the idea of getting to take audio from any camera is a major plus since at current we have to listen to all camera audio first to determine which to digitize as number "1" and if bad at some point in the video then you know what one has to do to insert from another camera.

Please feel free to PM me if you don't mind I have several AL to Edius questions and seek answers before our evalutation is up. Moreover, it is my understanding that one can install Edius on several machines just that the use is limited only by the dongle to one machine at a time . . is that correct?

Comment

Moreover, it is my understanding that one can install Edius on several machines just that the use is limited only by the dongle to one machine at a time . . is that correct?
                            Correct. The licensing of EDIUS is intended as single-user/instance (the user being the one in possession of the dongle), but you can have the application itself installed on more than one machine. You just need to have the dongle present to use the application on said machine.

BTW: I assume you've checked out ediustraining.grassvalley.com?
                            Multicam in EDIUS is as easy as playing through and hitting keys on the numpad - or you can use the mouse if you want. You can drag the cut points, add manual points, change the selected shot, etc - all after the fact since all the camera tracks are still there.

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_BH View Post
                              BTW: I assume you've checked out ediustraining.grassvalley.com?
                              Multicam in EDIUS is as easy as playing through and hitting keys on the numpad - or you can use the mouse if you want. You can drag the cut points, add manual points, change the selected shot, etc - all after the fact since all the camera tracks are still there.
                              I had found the training and actually found some that I downloaded onto my laptop but being unfamiliar with the GUI it looks a little cumbersome AND the illustration in the video example is for TC sync'd while we do visual Clapper and thus I'm a little for loss as to how to find that snyc point like in AL where I simply set a MARKER point or MARK IN point where all the cameras are on the closed clapper and then for the multicam sync simply select either "first marker" or "mark in" and then a single clip is generated representing the two (or more) cameras and then just click the camera wanted in the source viewer window when electing a camera switch. I am excited that Edius has multicam but nervous about how it works. I will just have to figure out how to get this sync and if/how one sees all three cams at the same time to choose from.

Comment

1. Multicam mode still works with the same timeline you have established, but the Preview changes and you can assign V or VA tracks as camera 1-8
                                2. In Multicam mode, you see 3, 5 or 8 camera views, along with the Master, which is the selected camera for the current section.
                                3. Automatic clip syncing (where the clips "land" in the timeline if you drag them in while in Multicam mode - you can always adjust the clips later if you want) works in one of four ways: (five if you count Async which is no auto-line-up)
                                  Timecode
                                  Rec Time (date/time)
                                  Clip In
                                  Clip Out
                                4. Essentially, playing through and selecting cameras creates cuts through the camera tracks and disables all the non-selected camera clips. They're still in the timeline, which is why you can switch cameras by scrubbing through and clicking a different camera preview.
                                So in your case I'd just set the clip In for each clip (in the Bin) to wherever your clapper hits, go into Multicam mode, set the Sync Point to Clip In, then drag the clips from the Bin into the timeline - they'll all align at the In point on separate camera tracks.

The one thing EDIUS's multicam does not do well with is camera feeds that are split into multiple clips. You can put the clips on the same track, say Clip1A Clip1B Clip1C on a single track, but the auto-sync won't work since EDIUS will assume that Clip1A is camera 1, Clip1B is camera 2, and Clip1C is camera 3, so it'll put all three clips on separate tracks.

EDIUS's multicam does do well with changes after-the-fact - you can keep tweaking cut points, add new ones, delete old ones, or just run through and completely redo the cuts. And of course because multicam mode runs on the "normal" EDIUS timeline, you have all the benefits of being able to mix different formats, manipulate audio, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X