How to fix moiré

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to fix moiré

Has anybody a golden tip to fix or even avoid moiré.
    Or is it a camera issue ?
    Edius 9.5 / X ,Win 10 home
    Asrock Phantom gaming 6,
    CPU Intel I9-9900K
    500 Gb M.2 Samsung SSD 970 Pro plus
    1 TB M2 Samsung SSD 970Pro
    SSD OCZ 256MB
    WD 4TB HDD
    2 Dell monitors UP2716D

First of all. Use OLP Filter on camera e.g. Rawlite, Mosaic. I use Rawlite on my BM Pocket (original) and Micro.

In post you can use BeautyBox plugin.
    https://youtu.be/pIRO9-9awiE

Sometimes using of chrominance helped. Same process like above.
    Pawel Chyrowski

Edius 9 Workgroup

Writer/Director. Director of Photography. Motion Picture and Sound Editor. Colorist.

https://facebook.com/chyrowski
    https://www.youtube.com/c/PawelChyrowski
    https://vimeo.com/pawelchyrowski

Comment

Unfortunately I don't own a BM camera,and I don't find external filters who does the job.
      Software = no Premier pro.
      Bud thanks for the input.
      Edd
      Asrock Phantom gaming 6,
      CPU Intel I9-9900K
      SSD OCZ 256MB
      WD 4TB HDD
      2 Dell monitors UP2716D

Comment

I found a way with Mask to select the most affected areas and put some blur to it,and the result looks much better !
        THX.
        Asrock Phantom gaming 6,
        CPU Intel I9-9900K
        SSD OCZ 256MB
        WD 4TB HDD
        2 Dell monitors UP2716D

Comment

Moire patterns happen in the image when the item being shot contains regular patterns, such as Venetian blinds or clothing patterns, that are close to the spacing of the sensors (pixels) on the imaging device or "beat" with the spacing, especially raster line spacing. It is also called spatial aliasing. One solution is to avoid those types of objects in the scene if you can. That is way TV talking heads don't wear patterned shirts. Changing the zoom setting or camcorder position may help.

You also can see it if you scan magazine images at certain resolutions. Scanner programs often have a "de screen" filter setting to minimize this.

What camera was used to shoot the video?
          Last edited by dpalomaki; 12-03-2019, 02:52 PM.

Comment

A Sony PXW-X70 with the 4K software.
            During a panorama,with lots of roof tops, the roof tiles gave (seen at home ! )
            an enormous moire.
            Avoiding that is i.m.o. inevitable.
            i'm gone try to solve that with some local ( mask ) blur effect .
            Thx.
            Edd
            Asrock Phantom gaming 6,
            CPU Intel I9-9900K
            SSD OCZ 256MB
            WD 4TB HDD
            2 Dell monitors UP2716D

Comment

are these 4k clips in a HD project? If so, make sure Lanczos3 HQ is enabled in EDIUS project settings to eliminate these issues
              Anton Strauss
              Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

You may also notice that in UHD they are not there , at HD they may not be there but when encoded for SD they appear depending on TV and any upscaling from a disc to the TV. This is why Lanczos 3 is important for all these cases.
                Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 NVME OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro, Shuttle Pro2

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS X, 9.5 WG, Vegas 18, Resolve Studio 17

Cameras: GH5S, GH5, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V x 2

Comment

4K clips in a 4k project,Lanczos 3 was set "smoother",I've set it now to sharper (best for progressive movie).
                  I don't have a HD setting,probably because it's the pro version I have.
                  Are there advantage in filming 4K and encoding in a HD project ?
                  Asrock Phantom gaming 6,
                  CPU Intel I9-9900K
                  SSD OCZ 256MB
                  WD 4TB HDD
                  2 Dell monitors UP2716D

Comment

Originally posted by edver1 View Post
                    4K clips in a 4k project, Lanczos 3 was set "smoother",I've set it now to sharper (best for progressive movie).
                    I don't have a HD setting, probably because it's the pro version I have.
                    Are there advantage in filming 4K and encoding in a HD project ?
                    you can make any SD, HD, 4k or custom size preset in the Pro version

if you are viewing via a dedicated output card connected to a 4k TV, all should look well (don't use a 4k PC monitor)
                    Anton Strauss
                    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Anton,Ron,Jerry and all you guy's
                      Thanks for Your'e input (once again).
                      The dedicated card and a decent monitor are on my list for Santa claus (here it's Sinterklaas),and I've been good so maybe ?
                      I will see this evening what the mask and blur effect do.
                      Thx
                      Asrock Phantom gaming 6,
                      CPU Intel I9-9900K
                      SSD OCZ 256MB
                      WD 4TB HDD
                      2 Dell monitors UP2716D

Comment

Originally posted by edver1 View Post
                        Anton,Ron,Jerry and all you guy's
                        Thanks for Your'e input (once again).
                        The dedicated card and a decent monitor are on my list for Santa claus (here it's Sinterklaas),and I've been good so maybe ?
                        I will see this evening what the mask and blur effect do.
                        Thx
                        Yess, they are all very helpfull and they deserve a lot of thanks.

From another Belgian... (Namur)
                        Yvon durieux alias "Haddock" Belgium GMT + 2

Sorry for my poor english, I am french native speaking

Main System: Azus Z87 Pro, [email protected], 16gb ram, Nvidia GeForce GT 630, Windows 7 Pro 64, Samsung 840 pro, Edius 8.53.2808 WG and 9.54.6706 + NXexpress or HDspark, 2T separate video SSD.

Comment

Working...
                        X