Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius 7.53 crashing

Hello all...

My edit station keeps crashing on me randomly. I've gone through the machine to make sure all the hardware is fine, as well as cleaned out both the editing and operating system drives. The crash report from Edius is attached. Anyone know how to look through this to find what the root cause of these crashes are?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Pault View Post
    Hello all...

My edit station keeps crashing on me randomly. I've gone through the machine to make sure all the hardware is fine, as well as cleaned out both the editing and operating system drives. The crash report from Edius is attached. Anyone know how to look through this to find what the root cause of these crashes are?

Thanks in advance.
    Reading those reports I will have to leave to someone else that is used to pouring through them, but I will pose a couple of questions and offer some general troubleshooting suggestions that may point to an answer.

1. Has anything changed on the systems recently? (software updates, driver updates, windows updates, new software, new hardware, etc.) If you have changed any hardware, make sure all cables and cards are seated correctly (best to actually unplug and replug everything to confirm this)

2. Do you perhaps have a thermal issue going on? Perhaps grabbing a can of compressed air and blowing out the CPU fan, power supply fans, chipset fans, GPU fans, etc. may help. I have seen dust build up in CPU coolers in particular cause random crashing. A system temperature monitor may help with these issues.

I have even seen dust caked onto RAM sticks cause problems like this. (the dust is sucked into the CPU cooler and exhausted out the sides where it hits the RAM and other close components, sticking there. The dust on the RAM can cause a "high resistance short circuit" that keeps the RAM from working correctly. Dusty RAM may require a light cleaning with a clean dry toothbrush or the like to get the dust out from between the legs of the chips if compressed air is not enough.

3. I have also seen bad motherboard capacitors cause similar issues. If you are not too well versed in electronics repair, you can often, but not always, spot a bad capacitor with visual inspection. Have a look at this link to see what to look for in a visual inspection.
    https://www.robotroom.com/Faulty-Capacitors-1.html

4. Do you have a drive starting to fail? Have you checked your drives for errors? Failing drives can cause similar issues.
    Edius WG 9.55.7761, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.9.5.6, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 8TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x4TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).

Comment

you are running Win7 Enterprise, I am not sure if Enterprise is meant to work well with EDIUS?

you have lots of Win update failures on the 14th October and lots of Youtube downloader crashes
      Anton Strauss
      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Hmm... We've been using that version of windows for some time now and haven't had any issues.

Also... the YTDdownloader errors were from me trying to update the existing software on that PC earlier in the day. It appears their download servers haven't been responding for a few days now. It keeps failing, so I've resorted to downloading a different youtube converter tool.

Thanks for the responses.

Comment

I am still using 7.53 as well... and it doesn't crash! well... once every few years.
          One thing I don't do is to have my computer on the net ever unless I have to activate software or update some plug ins and its only live with the net for around 5mins or so.... I believe that is the main reason why my copy of edius is very stable on my computer.... and I am using win7 that was installed in oct 2013.

I think I will wait for edius 10 before I update... only downfall with edius7 is your limited with tools to colour grade in 10bit. and if i get h.265 video files, i will encode them to h.264 or mxf format.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Pault View Post
            Hmm... We've been using that version of windows for some time now and haven't had any issues.

Also... the YTDdownloader errors were from me trying to update the existing software on that PC earlier in the day. It appears their download servers haven't been responding for a few days now. It keeps failing, so I've resorted to downloading a different youtube converter tool.

Thanks for the responses.
            do you have any third party plugins installed and are they up to date, like Newblue, prodad, VST plugins etc.
            Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

memory.jpg
              I have also the problem with Edius crash. After 10-12 min of export, the memory become full
              Antivirus is disabled, no other apps running

My problem is "Intel Quick Sinc Video" . Without hardware accelaration, the export is OK
              Last edited by lisnic; 02-25-2021, 06:45 PM.

Comment

it is possible that your CPU overheats during QS export, bad thermal paste or lose cooler

install something like Aida64 to see the temps during export

ideally, install a water cooler for the CPU
                Anton Strauss

Comment

Anton, all good advice on temperatures, I use Open Hardware monitor and have coloured Icons with loads and temperatures on the task bar including the GPU. It does Dual CPU systems.

If this is the workstation that is causing the errors, the system report shows that it is an HP Z800 workstation (I have one) with two 4 core E-5506 Xeons (mine is dual 6 core) which do not have Intel QuickSync and 8GB RAM and an NVidia Quadro K620.

I note the K620 is very well down the Passmark score charts for GPU's ranking 396 down the list at only a score of 2,262. A GTX 1650/1660 (a 1660 is around 12,000 Passmark at £239) would be a lot better but there aren't any at present as all good GPU's are absorbed by Bitcoin mining. eBay have a high end card for sale at £9,999.00! - and a lot at £2,000, I am not playing that game.

The HP Z800 uses solid capacitors which are very reliable.

I did have trouble with Bonjour service and Edius and removed it.

I note that Windows installer, and Windows Activation Technologies Service, Windows Modules installer are set to manual not automatic in services.

Also I note that there are a lot of Windows WCP Store corruption reports some internet research required to fix those.

Also research needed to fix the Windows update errors.

The PS/2 keyboard reports it doesn't have it's drivers installed and the same goes for the PS/2 compatible mouse.

4K Downloader (free) works well with YouTube and Vimeo just paste in the URL select the resolution and tell it where you want to save it. The paid version seems to allow higher resolutions above HD still to be in mp4 otherwise you get stuck with the newer AV1 format which Edius any version doesn't like.

Mike
                  Sys4: Z10PE-D16WS MB 2xE5-2696 Xeon 72 active logical cores. EWG9. 64G RAM. Aorus GTX1080Ti. 55" Q7 1500 NIT HDR 4K TV/Storm 3G Elite/Decklink 4K 12G/8CH audio monitoring, Yamaha RXA-870 A/V. Sys1-3 EWG8 + RX-E1+HDBX1000 MIP in HP xw8600 2 x X5492 CPU 8 cores, 8Gig RAM, Quadro FX3800. All sys Fibre to central media pool - 5TB Axus Yotta RAID + QLogic Fibre Switch. Central VCR rack plus YUV & audio to viewing room with Yamaha AX1 7.1 100 watt per channel amp with 1000W sub 63" HD 3D Samsung TV

Comment

Working...
                  X