captured vhs footage problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• captured vhs footage problems

Recently upgraded to EPro4.5. In capturing footage from vhs tapes using Edius capture, my captured footage is bad. The actual vhs footage is not messing up…it’s the captured footage that is bad. As it’s being captured I can see how it’s all flipping, etc..totally unusable.

VCR is routed to the ADVC converter via RCA; Converter routed to computer via firewire…same way I always capture when I have to use the converter. My pc does have an integrated video card, not the best I know, but I've never encountered this issue before (in E3.6)

I would appreciate feedback from gurus for Edius setting adjustments, etc, that may be a fix, or any other magic trick you know of.

Thanks so much.
    Susan

Capturing VHS to Computer Problem

Yes, I had the same problem with Edius and Adobe. What I landed up doing was transferring it to DVCam Tape and then was able to capture it into the computer.

In the past I was able to go direct to computer. Don't know if it was because the Super VHS tape had post production dubbed (overlayed) music.

Ted

Comment

Susan, how about using DVCapture to capture your footage.

Bill
      GESTOS PRODUCTIONS
      www.gpvideo.com.au

Comment

does the ADVC have a Time Base Corrector?
        Anton Strauss
        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

No, it does not. ADVC 110 is the basic model..no frills. And a Time Base Corrector is pricey I believe.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

there are cheap TBC that do pretty good

the following prices are in Australian $
            http://www.gdbint.com.au/Product.aspx?ptype=p&cID=7
            Anton Strauss
            Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Bill, I'm capturing thru Edius OHCI..isn't that what you mean.
              I may try Ted's suggestion to capture to DV CAM, then capture from that to the computer.
              Anyone have any recommended/preferred settings in the OHCI set-up for this type of capture in E4.5?. I'm NTSC.

Thanks.

Comment

DVCapture is a little app from Canopus(Grass Valley) outside of Edius that can capture video, up to 3 streams.

Download it for free at canopus.com,
                just have to be logged in there to download it.
                GESTOS PRODUCTIONS
                www.gpvideo.com.au

Comment

Working...
                X