Keyframing effects problem for Edius 4.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyframing effects problem for Edius 4.5

I just tried using keyframing for a video effect. (Brightness) The new effect at the new keyframe jumps right in (meaning that you can see the keyframe change) and I'm trying to figure out how to make the transition "smooth", not jump at the new keyframe. On other systems that I owned the effect would be a gradual change between two keyframes, so the viewer does not see the changes happening. Can someone help me figure this out? The effect setting seems to change precisley at the keyframe instead of gradually changing between the two set keyframes. My video clip starts out too bright(so I have it adjusted darker to look good) then when the clip pulls back the clip is too dark (so this is where I want to gradually brighten the clip) I set a key point at the start of the pullback and then another about 2 seconds into the pullback and was hoping to not see the keyframing change. The brightness seems to "pop in" at the second keyframe instead of changing softly between the two. Any help? Thanks. Bruce

I just tried it and it works fine here. Did you set a keyframe with brightness normal and then move to the place on the timeline where you wanted maximum brightening, set that brightness level and then set a keyframe there?
    Last edited by Fred Dwyer; 01-11-2008, 11:56 PM.
    Fred D
    Win 7 Pro-64 bit, EDIUS Workgroup 8.5, Intel Ivy Bridge i5, ASUS P8Z77-V-LK, 8GB Kningston DDR3, Pioneer BDR-209UBK, EVGA NVIDEA GEForce GT630, Corsair TX750M 750w Power Supply, 4 WD Black HDD for 3.15TB, ACEDVIO, Spark HD, eSATA controller, ANTEC 300 case.

Comment

I set the first keyframe and adjusted brightness at that point and then moved two seconds farther into the clip and set the second keyframe. I'm assuming that from the start of the clip to the first keyframe the brightness will be one level and then change between the first and second keyframe and then the effect will ramain the same from the second keyframe until the end of the clip? This is a very hard thing to type out, reply with a phone number and I will call you if it's ok with you. Thanks. Bruce

Comment

Bruce:
        I'm using the color balance filter, although it should work the same with the color wheel. If you click the little arrow at the left of the brightness keyframe line it will expand and display a line representing the application of the effect. In this case it should show a nice sloped line from keyframe 1 to keyframe 2. See what that looks like. Maybe it will help us find the problem.
        Last edited by Fred Dwyer; 01-11-2008, 11:57 PM.
        Fred D
        Win 7 Pro-64 bit, EDIUS Workgroup 8.5, Intel Ivy Bridge i5, ASUS P8Z77-V-LK, 8GB Kningston DDR3, Pioneer BDR-209UBK, EVGA NVIDEA GEForce GT630, Corsair TX750M 750w Power Supply, 4 WD Black HDD for 3.15TB, ACEDVIO, Spark HD, eSATA controller, ANTEC 300 case.

Comment

Think I've found the problem. Do it in this sequence.
          1. apply the filter
          2. Open the setup window
          3. enable keyframes
          4. click the arrow to the left of brightness to expend the brightness keyframe line
          5. set the timeline cursor where you want the gradual change to begin
          6. set a brightness key frame
          7. move your timeline cursor to the point where you wish the brightening to be at maximum.
          8. adjust the brightening to that maximum (a new keyframe will be automatically generated)
          9. click OK (you're done)

You set the first keyframe and then adjusted the brightness up without moving to the point where you wanted that increased brightness.

I sent you a private message in case you need my phone number.
          Last edited by Fred Dwyer; 01-12-2008, 12:02 AM.
          Fred D

Comment

Originally posted by MandelVideo View Post
            I set the first keyframe and adjusted brightness at that point and then moved two seconds farther into the clip and set the second keyframe. I'm assuming that from the start of the clip to the first keyframe the brightness will be one level and then change between the first and second keyframe and then the effect will ramain the same from the second keyframe until the end of the clip? This is a very hard thing to type out, reply with a phone number and I will call you if it's ok with you. Thanks. Bruce

You need the keyframe controller to the spot where you want the change happen and then add a frame and change the values from there :)

Mike

Comment

Uhhhh, is that in disagreement with my note? Frankly I'm not sure. I am sure that my response was accurate. What are you trying to say Mike??
              Last edited by Fred Dwyer; 01-12-2008, 07:01 PM.
              Fred D

Comment

Working...
              X