Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Project Settings won't allow frame change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Settings won't allow frame change?

SO been editing 2 client jobs back to back today.
    first one was 23.98 frames, and just started the 2nd one 2 hours ago mainly color grading but forgot to switch the frame rate to 29

Project settings won't allow you to change the frame rate of a project, only start a new one, is there a way around this?

or is there a way to export and import the sequence?
    www.skysimonephotography.com
    www.skysimonefilm.com
    www.facebook.com/skysimonephoto

Laptop:
    ASUS - 17.3" Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 - 1TB Hard Drive + 256GB SSD - Metal Star Gray
    Edius Pro 9 Windows 10

The way I have to phrase this is you 'screwed the pooch.'
    This is a noobie error. Once you set the frame rate for a project, you can't change it.
    Pre-planning makes all the difference.

You can export your 23.98 clip and import it into a 29.97 project and export from there, but the final product is going to suffer.

If I'm the client and I receive a product like this, I would hold your feet to the fire to fix it.

If the files are 29.97, in order to deliver a good product you should re-edit the project. The learning experience will cause you to pause and think about what you need to do next time.

The 23.98 project, were the files actually shot in 23.98 or 29.97?
    Jerry
    Six Gill DV
    www.sgdvtutorials.com
    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Framerate is a project stetting that can't be changed once set and has been like this as far back as I can remember, even back before I was personally using Edius but was selling it.

This has been discussed many times on the forum. A quick forum search for something like "change project framerate" would have revealed this to you without having to ask a question and waiting for an answer.
      Edius WG 9.55.7761, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.9.5.6, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 8TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x4TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).

Comment

Originally posted by tryingtolearn View Post
        SO been editing 2 client jobs back to back today.
        first one was 23.98 frames, and just started the 2nd one 2 hours ago mainly color grading but forgot to switch the frame rate to 29

Project settings won't allow you to change the frame rate of a project, only start a new one, is there a way around this?

or is there a way to export and import the sequence?
        Sky, please take this as constructive criticism as this suggestion is designed to help you.

Judging by the constant stream of threads that you make which clearly show an obvious lack of understanding of the fundamentals of both Edius and video product. You really do need to pay someone to give you 1 on 1 training.

If you were someone new to Edius and video production then some of your questions may be understandable. But lets face it, you're not new to either and you are constantly posting questions that prove you've got difficulties in understanding the basics.

Also. You are working commercially and being payed. In that case, and in my opinion, you really should be paying for training and not using the forum in such a way that it appears like it's free technical support.

As for your present predicament. I'd say that Jerry was being very generous in his assessment of you screwing the pooch. I'd suggest that you've screwed you client.

There is only one way to correct this and Jerry has already said it. Go back and re-edit the job and do it properly. Or you could always pay for a session on Alchemy.

If indeed you are Trying To Learn, as your user name is saying. Then I think you're gonna get a great opportunity to do some seriously learning with this current problem you've created for yourself.

"There's only one thing more powerful than knowledge. The free sharing of it"

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Is your Robot three laws safe?

Comment

Working...
        X